ACTS 2 PENTECOST

turbosixx

Greetings again turbosixx I appreciate your perspective, but cannot agree. Yes the faithful are the ones through whom the promises of inheritance will be fulfilled, but the OT prophets are full of detail about future events, and some of these are in the process of being fulfilled. The present difficulties with the Palestinian problem and the status of Jerusalem and the previous 1967 borders for the West Bank and the Golan Heights seem to be the basis of impending major problems. One chapter Ezekiel 38 has immediate relevance, as it speaks of a northern invasion at a time after the return of the Jews from the nations to occupy a previous desolate land. I have a thorough exposition of Ezekiel’s Temple where the author an architect gives a thorough depiction and explanation of the overall picture and detail. Yes, it will be built and will be the House of Prayer for all nations. If we read from Ezekiel 38 to 39, then Ezekiel 40-48 is the natural flow, Israel in ignorance of Jesus as their Messiah, their conversion and then the establishment of the Temple, not only for Israel but also for the nations.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yep, we cannot agree. Thanks for the discussion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your reading is out of context.

If you don't like Jesus' teachings, it is your lose. As for me, I cherish all His teachings.
Jesus stated explicitly, to a gentile woman, no less, that He had only come for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

If you don't like Jesus' teaching, it's your loss. :mock:
I will bring what Jesus says about Abrahams's descendants.

I will be back.
Jesus stated explicitly He had come ONLY for Israel.

Denying what He plainly said is a bad idea

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Scripture verse please,

Here is what Jesus says:

John 8:39-44New King James Version (NKJV)

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

turbosixx

Greetings again turbosixx I appreciate your perspective, but cannot agree. Yes the faithful are the ones through whom the promises of inheritance will be fulfilled, but the OT prophets are full of detail about future events, and some of these are in the process of being fulfilled. The present difficulties with the Palestinian problem and the status of Jerusalem and the previous 1967 borders for the West Bank and the Golan Heights seem to be the basis of impending major problems. One chapter Ezekiel 38 has immediate relevance, as it speaks of a northern invasion at a time after the return of the Jews from the nations to occupy a previous desolate land. I have a thorough exposition of Ezekiel’s Temple where the author an architect gives a thorough depiction and explanation of the overall picture and detail. Yes, it will be built and will be the House of Prayer for all nations. If we read from Ezekiel 38 to 39, then Ezekiel 40-48 is the natural flow, Israel in ignorance of Jesus as their Messiah, their conversion and then the establishment of the Temple, not only for Israel but also for the nations.

Kind regards
Trevor

I've been thinking on this and have a question. What if the Jews reject Jesus when He comes again like they did the first time?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been thinking on this and have a question. What if the Jews reject Jesus when He comes again like they did the first time?

Some will reject but there will be a remnant which comprises the nation that will receive Him.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Eze 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
Eze 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

turbosixx

Some will reject but there will be a remnant which comprises the nation that will receive Him.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Eze 20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
Eze 20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

There was a remnant that received Him in the 1st century. Those are OT passages and I suggest they point to the remnant of the 1st century.
5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

Many believed in Him.
Jn. 12:4242 Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue;

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There was a remnant that received Him in the 1st century. Those are OT passages and I suggest they point to the remnant of the 1st century.
5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

Many believed in Him.
Jn. 12:4242 Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue;

Evidently Peter believed that there is much OT prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled at Christ's second coming to earth.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

turbosixx

Evidently Peter believed that there is much OT prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled at Christ's second coming to earth.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

What was Peter trying to convince them to do....become a Christian.
How did Paul want to save his people?
Rom. 11:14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.

In Christ we are in His kingdom.
Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

In Christ Jews and everyone will have more blessings than an earthly kingdom could ever provide. In fact, an earthly kingdom will undo some of them. Outside of Christ, death.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What was Peter trying to convince them to do....become a Christian.
How did Paul want to save his people?
Rom. 11:14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.

In Christ we are in His kingdom.
Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

In Christ Jews and everyone will have more blessings than an earthly kingdom could ever provide. In fact, an earthly kingdom will undo some of them. Outside of Christ, death.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

turbosixx

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan. 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him
It's my understanding that the saints of the most High are Christians. The kingdom will last forever not just a 1,000 years.

It is my current understanding that the church is on earth and in heaven.
The plan for the church was before the foundation of the world.
Eph. 1:10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Outside of the church, death.

TrevorL

Greetings again turbosixx
Others have given a few prophecies concerning the conversion of a remnant of the nation of Israel. The first major vision of Isaiah, the first and most probably the most important of the writing prophets gives a picture of the Kingdom, and this implies that Israel is restored to the Land, and has become subject to Christ:
Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Micah in Micah 4:1-3 took up the same words and set them in a different context later in the days of Hezekiah, but he adds some more detail, indicating that the nation of Israel would be scattered, but then restored and converted and then become the first dominion of the Kingdom of God:
Micah 4:4-8 (KJV): 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. 5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. 6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

A more obscure reference, but one of my favourites, seems to be based upon the events surrounding Joseph in Egypt, when Jacob reluctantly allowed Benjamin to go with his brothers. There was some delay in their return, and we can picture Jacob sitting outside his tent, looking into the distance, anxiously waiting for the return of the sons, including Benjamin. Without his full knowledge, Joseph had been taken by the avarice of his sons, and Simeon was in captivity by Pharaoh, and now Jacob feared that he would lose his other sons, including Benjamin. With further delay his face grew pale, and then in the distance came a caravan of people and carts.
Isaiah 29:22-24 (KJV): 22 Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale. 23 But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel. 24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
It is as if they whole history of Joseph’s suffering and exaltation is a parable, a framework, of the events concerning the sufferings and exaltation of Jesus, and the conversion of Israel in the future.

Kind regards
Trevor

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is what Jesus says:

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

bump.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Jesus, all His faithful followers are spiritual Jews.

Scripture verse please,

Here is what Jesus says:

Those verses do not prove that all of Jesus' faithful followers are spiritual Jews.

Try again.