ECT Acts 13-Interplanner's Continuous Rebellion

Right Divider

Body part
Read further. This is another case of the Jews failure to go in and actually possess the lands....which is why the quote I gave you previously is so important.
This is exactly why the oath in a court of law says:
Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, (so help you God/under pains and penalties of perjury)?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't you see Steko? That's D'ism telling you what ALL means instead of the passage! What does the passage mean by it?

The dispensational consideration of scripture didn't come first with me.

A literal, historical, grammatical, read it like it is understanding came first.

Later on, I discovered that there was a category of Bible interpretation and I found that it was practiced by those who understand the Bible literally.

The Lord Jesus said 'all' and I believe Him.
I don't believe you.

The Lord was referring to His resurrection, which just took place.
He said 'all' because His followers had believed on the prophetic passages about Him up until the resurrection. However, the resurrection is one part of the 'all' that He was referring to.

You're in the same shape as they were. You believe in the resurrection, which is good, but you don't believe 'all' that the prophets said about Him, which is bad.... and sad.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God kept His word to Abraham temporally through Ishmael, and fulfilled eternal promise to Abraham through Isaac.

Both have been fulfilled. Both temporal/geographical land promises as well as eternal/spiritual promise of Messiah.

It is shocking that you would deny either . . .

I'm rarely shocked at anything anymore, but at what you affirm in this post, people should be.

Danoh

I'm rarely shocked at anything anymore, but at what you affirm in this post, people should be.

Hers is the typically Reformed view of all that.

The same old "the church replaces Israel..."

I once owned a Reformed Study Bible.

Back when I first started out.

Throughout it's OT pages, one page would say at it's top something like "Israel's cursings."

It's other page would say something like "the church's promises."

In page, after page, after page.

I didn't know much back then.

But it was obvious that was off.

There simply is no way around saying that any other way.

Those two phrases throughout that Reference Bible was sort of like putting up a sign just about now - "Welcome to beautiful Texas" - right smack in the middle of all that devastation.

Though try it had, that "Reference Bible" had simply been unable to make the "blessings for the church" it had tried to make of passages like the following...

Jeremiah 29:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. 29:9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD. 29:10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 29:14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

nang, I'll concede your points where I find them valid.

Your above is not one of them.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

Nang

TOL Subscriber

God promised Abraham that Ishmael would multiply greatly and produce a great nation (Semitic) and princes. And God promised that Isaac and his descendents would receive the "everlasting covenant" which was the spiritual promise of Messiah.

Genesis 17:18-21

These promises from God to Abraham and his two sons was ratified by the blood ritual of circumcision. Genesis 17:22-27

There is no way either of these promises to these sons can be historically denied or determined unfulfilled. See Genesis 15:18; Joshua 1:2-4

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hers is the typically Reformed view of all that.

The same old "the church replaces Israel..."

I once owned a Reformed Study Bible.

Back when I first started out.

Throughout it's OT pages, one page would say at it's top something like "Israel's cursings."

It's other page would say something like "the church's promises."

In page, after page, after page.

I didn't know much back then.

But it was obvious that was off.

There simply is no way around saying that any other way.

Those two phrases throughout that Reference Bible was sort of like putting up a sign just about now - "Welcome to beautiful Texas" - right smack in the middle of all that devastation.

Though try it had, that "Reference Bible" had simply been unable to make the "blessings for the church" it had tried to make of passages like the following...

Jeremiah 29:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. 29:9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD. 29:10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 29:14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

nang, I'll concede your points where I find them valid.

Your above is not one of them.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

My earlier posts have nothing to do with Replacement Theology.

The believing remnant of Israelites that received the everlasting covenant promises through Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are citizens of Christ's invisible and heavenly church.

The promises regarding the promised son Isaac, from God, was a type of the Gospel promise of God's Son, the Savior Jesus Christ, sent from God who would save His spiritual and faithful offspring, His "church," which consists of O.T. saints as well as N.T. saints. Romans 4:19-25

See Hebrews Chapter 11 for a partial listing of these sons of God saved by grace through faith in these everlasting promises.

Interplanner

The dispensational consideration of scripture didn't come first with me.

A literal, historical, grammatical, read it like it is understanding came first.

Later on, I discovered that there was a category of Bible interpretation and I found that it was practiced by those who understand the Bible literally.

The Lord Jesus said 'all' and I believe Him.
I don't believe you.

The Lord was referring to His resurrection, which just took place.
He said 'all' because His followers had believed on the prophetic passages about Him up until the resurrection. However, the resurrection is one part of the 'all' that He was referring to.

You're in the same shape as they were. You believe in the resurrection, which is good, but you don't believe 'all' that the prophets said about Him, which is bad.... and sad.

This is verbose.

The passage, with Acts 26, says that 'all' means for our purposes the suffering, rising and proclamation of Christ. and nothing about a restoration of Israel. They were downcast not to find out anything about a restoration in Lk 24:21 and he told them they were foolish not see the full cup.

They tried it again in Acts 1 and he rebuked them and told them never to consider it again, which you have made a profession and industry about. Why is that?

Interplanner

This is exactly why the oath in a court of law says:

This is your way of ignoring the finality of the NT again. Act 7 and 13 tell us it was a done deal. Acts 7 even says HOWEVER (even though God 'fulfilled' that) HE DOESN'T NEED IT, AND NEVER DID.

You are children of a system by Chafer that believed the Bible was mixed up to start and need to be SAVED by Chafer. You believe him. To bulwark support, it invented RT to blather the real RT in Gal 3:17 which makes entire sense of the OT and NT and of Judaism in the 1st century. But Chafer has you hooked and snagged until you admit that he screwed you.

Interplanner

STP's quote of heb 8:8 there (in your post) is the paramount example of being dishonest with the Bible. He has been asked 100x to deal with every other text on the new covenant and refused and talks about 2 goats and the 2nd day of taking away sins, instead of the plain meaning of about 10 other passages not to mention what Heb chs 9-10 actually say about the new covenant in effect now. That's literalism. Dishonest, incomplete, ridiculing advice and scholarship, critical of language study, and Protecting Chafer's madness and ignoring anything else.

STP's other fav topic now is: what did God want Adam to do? yeah, right out of Heb 8-10, by golly.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

STP's quote of heb 8:8 there (in your post) is the paramount example of being dishonest with the Bible. He has been asked 100x to deal with every other text on the new covenant and refused and talks about 2 goats and the 2nd day of taking away sins, instead of the plain meaning of about 10 other passages not to mention what Heb chs 9-10 actually say about the new covenant in effect now. That's literalism. Dishonest, incomplete, ridiculing advice and scholarship, critical of language study, and Protecting Chafer's madness and ignoring anything else.

Made up.

Interplanner

Interplanner's anti-biblical fairy tale is the ultimate make-up for the unsophisticated story teller.

So you don't think Chafer said that, and you don't think the confusion is this belief: that a Davidic theocracy is supposed to happen in Judea, as a solid fact of history, as solid the crucifixion of Christ in Jerusalem in 33AD?