Abuse, libel , stalking and bully boy tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Do you think you are being bullied? :think:

No, but I have witnessed others being abused online, cornered, continually harassed and driven into a state of despair. I have witnessed people being told they are mental retards and then treated in the most despicable manner.

I am sorrowed for others, for myself I would say…..:banana:

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, but I have witnessed others being abused online, cornered, continually harassed and driven into a state of despair. I have witnessed people being told they are metal retards and then treated in the most despicable manner.

Do you believe the manner in which you speak to others is uplifting?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, but I have witnessed others being abused online, cornered, continually harassed and driven into a state of despair. I have witnessed people being told they are metal retards and then treated in the most despicable manner.

In other words; you've been so harassed that you've gone 'Bananas!'

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Remember, people consider who makes those accusations. A good number of participants do things like that out of frustration and anger here, and the regulars know who they are. Do you get offended if a neighbor's dog barks at you? He doesn't know any better, and there's no reason to take offense.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I notice Knight makes it very clear that there is an inherent bias which people can tolerate or leave. So it seems that any adult who ignored the warning would have been responsible for himself.
And there's a layer of anonymity here that makes it a great deal different than, say, someone attacking you on FB or something along those lines. You can't actually defame or libel a username.

Remember, people consider who makes those accusations.
And habitual behavior will out, eventually.

A good number of participants do things like that out of frustration and anger here, and the regulars know who they are. Do you get offended if a neighbor's dog barks at you? He doesn't know any better, and there's no reason to take offense.
That's a good way of looking at it...and Knight provides an ignore feature if you're just tired of looking at it or if it bothers you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight provides an ignore feature if you're just tired of looking at it or if it bothers you.

How many do you have on your list, if any? I actually have two because of spam behavior.

Love Bug and New Day. Who was graceandpeace. Only because she took up so much server space.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How many do you have on your list, if any? I actually have two because of spam behavior.

Love Bug and New Day. Who was graceandpeace. Only because she took up so much server space.
Three, for different reasons. Two for trolling/stalking and one because our disagreements bring out the worst in him and I can't get him to leave off else.

I'm considering a couple of others. If you're a fighter by nature it's hard to resist the impulse to answer the bell. It's a work in progress. Ignore still won't help you when others quote someone, so I'm going to have to work on that part of my own nature. :) Or put people who tend to habitually quote the offenders on ignore as well.

glorydaz

No, but I have witnessed others being abused online, cornered, continually harassed and driven into a state of despair. I have witnessed people being told they are mental retards and then treated in the most despicable manner.

If someone is "driven into a state of despair" on an anonymous on line forum, they are babies that need to stay off the internet. This is not the same as a high-schooler who is known personally by those who post such "despicable" things. :nono:

glorydaz

Three, for different reasons. Two for trolling/stalking and one because our disagreements bring out the worst in him and I can't get him to leave off else.

I'm considering a couple of others. If you're a fighter by nature it's hard to resist the impulse to answer the bell. It's a work in progress. Ignore still won't help you when others quote someone, so I'm going to have to work on that part of my own nature. :) Or put people who tend to habitually quote the offenders on ignore as well.

There ya go. Certain people love to ring that bell....which can be quite provoking. I say they often ask for it, and when they get it, they whine. Nang is an example of a "bell-ringer" (and not the kind that announces the opening of the church doors....since they are only open for a select few). :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some time ago I embarked upon a legal study of the above problems on the Internet. The reason for this was the amount of suicides among young people.

My first discovery was simple. If you intend to libel or bully someone don’t ever do it under US jurisdiction. Because if you do, and it is proven (simple matter when the evidence is on a server) then you are going to be financially rung out. It would have been better to be nuked.

There are many interesting cases being heard even as we speak. And this is because so many people have suffered emotional trauma or committed suicide because of the abuse they experienced online.

Judges in these cases are leaning in the direction of the plaintiff’s who are mostly parents of the victims. ‘’Victims”” has such a legal ring to it, wouldn’t you agree? Victim, in the US legal libel sense, also has the same aroma as a US dollar, or so I’m told.

I've also discovered that if there were people in place (moderators) to prevent or stop abuse and didn’t then they would be strenuously dealt with under law for failure of duty. If these people not only failed in their duty, but also participated in the abuse, then there is a strong possibility of custodial sentencing if the abuse led to injury (emotional) and or death.

I did this work pro-bono and it is a work in progress. The simple rule is: Never press enter if you would have difficulty accounting for your actions or words in front of your granny or a judge.

Please, please don't think for one minute that you are anonymous or that deleting data will protect you. Death itself will not protect you, because your estate can be sued.
If you are threatening to sue TOL please let me know so I can delete your account and ban your IP address. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.