A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ is mentioned in the Psalms as for instance here Ps 133:1-3

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

These are spiritual brethern in unity in the Hope of Eternal Life, which is only through Jesus Christ. 1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.​​​​​​​

Promised in Him before the world began Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

beloved57

Ps 122 is speaking of the Church, the Body of Christ:

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

2 Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.

3 Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:

4 Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the Lord.

5 For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

9 Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.

Nanja

Ps 122 is speaking of the Church, the Body of Christ:

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

2 Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.

3 Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:

4 Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the Lord.

5 For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

9 Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.

The Church, the Body of Christ indeed!

They are those who share a common [equal share] Salvation:

Chosen Heirs and Sons / Children of the Living God; predestinated to Eternal Life and accepted in the Beloved to possess the same Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:4-11.

They are Abraham's Seed, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29, the House of Israel Ps. 98:3, which consists of all sorts of people from all nations of the earth Gal. 3:8; Rev. 14:6, both Jew and Gentile; which were Purchased and Justified by Christ's Blood Heb. 9:22; Rom. 5:9; Acts 20:28, and shall in time be regenerated, sanctified and called by the same Grace given them before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9, and which Blessed Ones Ps. 32:1-2 shall receive the Blessing of Abraham Gal. 3:14 through Faith given them in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:14-17

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Nanja

The Lord Jesus Christ identifies Himself as the Bride Groom Matt 9:15

15And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. See also Jn 3:29

And OT Scripture would Identify Israel's Bridegroom as Yahweh Isa 62:5

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Also Hosea 2:19-20

19And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. cp Matt 25:10

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

These scriptures tell us Two Things if we are born of God, #1 That Jesus Christ is Jehovah the Bridegroom of Israel, and Secondly, that the Bride Israel is the Church !

Amen Brother!

Nanja

Acts 26:6-7

6 And now I stand and am judged because of the hope of the promise made by God unto our fathers,

7 unto which promise our twelve tribes, earnestly serving God day and night, hope to come. For this hope’s sake, King Agrippa, I am accused by the Jews.

Paul Preached the Hope of the Jewish Fathers, of the promise made by God unto them !

And yet, for that Hope, He was accused of the jews ! Why is that ?

Why was Paul accused of the ethnic jews of his time, of the hope He shared in common with the Twelve Tribes, that He clarifies as earnestly serving God day and night of hope to come ! Was it not the same Hope ? Evidently not ! So the Hope of the then twelve Tribes who were instantly serving God and of the Fathers, yes the Jewish Fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and Paul was not the same hope of those ethnic jews who accused and opposed Paul's Hope !

This was not the same Hope Paul had before his conversion when he followed scrupulously the jews religion, we gather that from his words here Phil 3:4-11

4 though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath grounds to trust in the flesh, I have more:

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; according to the law, a Pharisee;

6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; as to the righteousness before the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted as loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them but dung, that I may win Christ

9 and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith,

10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death,

11 that if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

So it is clear, that the Hope Paul had, and that of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Jewish Fathers, and the current Twelve tribes who were serving God instantly, was not the same hope of the majority of the other ethnic jews who accused Paul ! Who knows why ?

The ethnic jews which were Paul's accusers were trusting in the flesh; they were not of the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29, the Israel that Christ is a Saviour to, God's Chosen Elect!

Rom. 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Is. 41:8
But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Old Testament Church of Christ One with the New Testament Church in Christ!

The Prophet Hosea a Old Testament member of the Body of Christ spake this which is written Hosea 6:2

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Isa 26:19

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

No doubt about it, these scriptures point to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and His Body the Church, its Oneness with Him.

Paul writing to the Church at Ephesus, The Saints Chosen in Christ this Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together[With Christ], and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Also to the Colossians Col 2:13

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

Nanja

The Church, the Body of Christ is indicated here in the OT Ps 22:22

I will declare thy name unto my brethren:
in the midst of the congregation*

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Amen!

The Heb. word for congregation in this verse is, qahal H6951:

C. congregation
i. as organised body

an assembly, a crowd of nations of the people of Israel

Christ is Abraham's Seed, and so is His Body, the Church.

Gal. 3:16, 29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

This is the Church The Body of Christ !

This is the Church The Body of Christ !

2 Sam 7:24

24 [FONT=&quot]For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot], art become their God.

Now I know many will object and disagree with the notion that Israel here is the Church, the Body of Christ, and think that its israel the physical nation, Abrahams and Davids seed according to the flesh, but they forget that Paul sets the record straight regarding them here Rom 9:8

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

See Paul here is making a difference in this passage between national israel according to the flesh, Abrahams and Davids physical descendants and their Spiritual descendants in Christ, Both are name Israel, that Israel which belongs to Christ is His Body the Church ![/FONT]

Nanja

2 Sam 7:24

24 [FONT=&quot]For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot], art become their God.

Now I know many will object and disagree with the notion that Israel here is the Church, the Body of Christ, and think that its israel the physical nation, Abrahams and Davids seed according to the flesh, but they forget that Paul sets the record straight regarding them here Rom 9:8

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

See Paul here is making a difference in this passage between national israel according to the flesh, Abrahams and Davids physical descendants and their Spiritual descendants in Christ, Both are name Israel, that Israel which belongs to Christ is His Body the Church ![/FONT]

Amen! There aren't any chosen people of God outside of those He has Chosen In Union with His Son, to be their Surety Head Heb. 7:22 and Saviour Eph. 1:4-7; The Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:23, 25, Israel [Spiritual] whether OT or NT, jew or gentile Is. 45:17.

Deut. 7:6-7
6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

God's Truth

Abraham was a 'type' of all believers.

Adam was a 'type' of the whole world.

Jesus has redeemed the 'whole world' to the Clavinist's dismay!

Abraham is the father of all those who believe and obey.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Epoisses

Abraham is the father of all those who believe and obey.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Sinner and heretic.

Nanja

Folks contrary to what false teachers teach regarding the Hope Of Israel Acts 28:20, it was never an earthly hope at all, but a spiritual and heavenly one, for this we know from Heb 11:9-16

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

This passage of scripture gives us to understand that Abraham with Sarah, Isaac and Jacob, all heirs of the same promise, the Hope of Israel, that they were strongly persuaded with God given Faith on the promise of God, which Promise was not of this earth, because by embracing the Promise, they acknowledged themselves to be strangers and pilgrims to the Earth Heb 11:13, with expectations of a better country, yes even much better than the earthly land of Canaan they were then living in tents in, which served to only typify the land of promise expectation Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

But the Land they desired set forth in God's promise was Heavenly and Spiritual Heb 11:16. The Land of Canaan that was promised Abraham and His Seed Gen 17:5-8 was Heaven, and it is the same exact Heavenly Inheritance that is realized by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, which all the seed is begotten unto a Lively Hope, and Inheritance that is reserved in Heaven 1 Pet 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,[ This is the Canaan of Gen 17:8]

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Folks the Hope of Israel was not to Abraham and His Physical Seed, but to Him and His Spiritual Seed, through the Resurrection of Christ from the dead !

Amen, it's exclusively the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, Christ's Church, that the Eternal Land Promise [Heaven] is Given to as the Inheritance: All Christ's Seed, the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29, for whom He died Heb. 2:16 and has risen again in behalf of 1 Pet. 1:3-5. And as evidence of being the Sons of God, they shall be Born of the Spirit, and call upon His Name Gal. 4:6 !

God's Truth

Amen, it's exclusively the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, Christ's Church, that the Eternal Land Promise [Heaven] is Given to as the Inheritance: All Christ's Seed, the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29, for whom He died Heb. 2:16 and has risen again in behalf of 1 Pet. 1:3-5. And as evidence of being the Sons of God, they shall be Born of the Spirit, and call upon His Name Gal. 4:6 !

The Bible says a person has to be taught, convinced, and persuaded. If Calvinism is right, then why does a person have to be convinced and persuaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.