A missing link.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What you ''believe'' is of no consequence and has no effect on what I know to be the Truth and the Trust.
Let me know when you go down to the water's edge to hold back the tide or build a work so marvelous that generations will look upon it and despair. :poly:

squareciscool

What you ''believe'' is of no consequence and has no effect on what I know to be the Truth and the Trust.
I'm not expecting to have an effect on your beliefs but I don't think being rude and dismissive about my beliefs is any way to go about things. It certainly won't impress anyone with your Truth and Trust.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Let me know when you go down to the water's edge to hold back the tide or build a work so marvelous that generations will look upon it and despair. :poly:

Ozymandius Canute.....I like that name. I think I'll name my next dog that. :plain:

Truster

I'm not expecting to have an effect on your beliefs but I don't think being rude and dismissive about my beliefs is any way to go about things. It certainly won't impress anyone with your Truth and Trust.

You think I'm out to impress people?

I will treat you and your kind with the utter contempt that you deserve. You have no other reason for coming here apart from destroying the precious trust of babes. You have made a complete fool of yourself for years and discovered all that you thought was true does not apply to you.

squareciscool

You think I'm out to impress people?

I will treat you and your kind with the utter contempt that you deserve. You have no other reason for coming here apart from destroying the precious trust of babes. You have made a complete fool of yourself for years and discovered all that you thought was true does not apply to you.

I came here in an honest attempt to discuss religion politely with reasonable people. Given the name, I thought this was a forum of with a wider variety of religions represented than is the case. Theology refers to all religions, not just to Christianity. When I discovered otherwise, I saw no reason to leave because I believe that in sharing and learning about each other and the beliefs of others only increases us in thought and mind. However, any "babes" here who are so weak in faith as to have their trust destroyed by my presence and polite conversation are seriously devoid of true faith. For you to treat me with such contempt shows that you are intolerant and rude. I have in no way made a fool of myself and I have not discovered anything of the sort. What I believe to be true is that the Creator is too great a Being to be comprehended by creatures as small and limited as ourselves or to be encompassed by any book that mankind could write. That you believe that you can see and comprehend all that is the Divine shows your hubris and your posts show your narrowness of mind. I believe that we each see the face of the Divine which we are most drawn to, that our beliefs are each one facet of the greatness that is our Divine Creator. I do not claim to have the "Truth" nor do I claim that you are wrong. I simply believe that I am also right.

This is not my first Christian forum. I naively thought that this place would be similar to christianforums.com, where I have been a member since 2003. I have had years of polite and reasonable conversation and debate with Christians of all denominations and my reputation there is "beyond repute." I have numerous Christians on my friends list who are true friends to me and I welcome their prayers and blessings because I believe that they pray to the same great Creator to whom my own prayers are directed. In all my years there, I have never been insulted in the fashion that I have in the less that 3 weeks that I have been here. I and my "kind" have never done anything to earn your contempt. I believe that you are the contemptible one and I am not so narrow-minded as to direct my contempt at anyone other than yourself, certainly not to your co-religionists.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I was under the impression that Jesus came with a message of love. I may have misinterpreted some of the things I was taught, both during my days as a Christian previous to my conversion and by other Christians in the years since. I realize that there are many differences in opinion on that subject but I do know that the words "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourselves" are a direct quote and you are very judgemental.

Truster

I came here in an honest attempt to discuss religion politely with reasonable people. Given the name, I thought this was a forum of with a wider variety of religions represented than is the case. Theology refers to all religions, not just to Christianity. When I discovered otherwise, I saw no reason to leave because I believe that in sharing and learning about each other and the beliefs of others only increases us in thought and mind. However, any "babes" here who are so weak in faith as to have their trust destroyed by my presence and polite conversation are seriously devoid of true faith. For you to treat me with such contempt shows that you are intolerant and rude. I have in no way made a fool of myself and I have not discovered anything of the sort. What I believe to be true is that the Creator is too great a Being to be comprehended by creatures as small and limited as ourselves or to be encompassed by any book that mankind could write. That you believe that you can see and comprehend all that is the Divine shows your hubris and your posts show your narrowness of mind. I believe that we each see the face of the Divine which we are most drawn to, that our beliefs are each one facet of the greatness that is our Divine Creator. I do not claim to have the "Truth" nor do I claim that you are wrong. I simply believe that I am also right.

This is not my first Christian forum. I naively thought that this place would be similar to christianforums.com, where I have been a member since 2003. I have had years of polite and reasonable conversation and debate with Christians of all denominations and my reputation there is "beyond repute." I have numerous Christians on my friends list who are true friends to me and I welcome their prayers and blessings because I believe that they pray to the same great Creator to whom my own prayers are directed. In all my years there, I have never been insulted in the fashion that I have in the less that 3 weeks that I have been here. I and my "kind" have never done anything to earn your contempt. I believe that you are the contemptible one and I am not so narrow-minded as to direct my contempt at anyone other than yourself, certainly not to your co-religionists.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I was under the impression that Jesus came with a message of love. I may have misinterpreted some of the things I was taught, both during my days as a Christian previous to my conversion and by other Christians in the years since. I realize that there are many differences in opinion on that subject but I do know that the words "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourselves" are a direct quote and you are very judgemental.

I got as far as Theology refers to all religions and there I stopped, because it doesn't. Theo or Theos with a capital T refers (albeit wrongly) to the One True Elohim. It does not signify false deities or the imagination of a wicked and deluded mind such as yours.

There are lots of 'nice' people who don't care about the truth as it is in Messiah and they will pander to your every whim. I will not indulge your fancies nor you fantasies, but tell you the truth. The Truth is a difficult pill to swallow as you have already discovered.

squareciscool

I got as far as Theology refers to all religions and there I stopped, because it doesn't. Theo or Theos with a capital T refers (albeit wrongly) to the One True Elohim. It does not signify false deities or the imagination of a wicked and deluded mind such as yours.

There are lots of 'nice' people who don't care about the truth as it is in Messiah and they will pander to your every whim. I will not indulge your fancies nor you fantasies, but tell you the truth. The Truth is a difficult pill to swallow as you have already discovered.

From Miriam-Webster:

the·ol·o·gy - noun \thē-ˈä-lə-jē\ - 1: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
a : a theological theory or system <Thomist theology> <a theology of atonement>
b : a distinctive body of theological opinion <Catholic theology>

Study of the nature of God and the relationship of the human and divine. The term was first used in the works of Plato and other Greek philosophers to refer to the teaching of myth, but the discipline expanded within Christianity and has found application in all theistic religions (see theism). It examines doctrines concerning such subjects as sin, faith, and grace and considers the terms of God's covenant with humankind in matters such as salvation and eschatology. Theology typically takes for granted the authority of a religious teacher or the validity of a religious experience. It is distinguished from philosophy in being concerned with justifying and explicating a faith, rather than questioning the underlying assumptions of such faith, but it often employs quasi-philosophical methods.

the·ism - noun \ˈthē-ˌi-zəm\ : belief in the existence of a god or gods; specifically : belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world

I do worship God. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd realize that.

But here's something even your judgemental self will understand:

Matthew 7 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? ...

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I am most certainly not wicked by any definition of the word (and I looked it up, something you should learn to do.) I really don't care if you consider me to be deluded, I know better. And yes, the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow. I grow increasingly convinced that you don't have any such thing. I was under the impression that it was the duty of Christians to "save" the souls of non-believers such as myself. If that is true, you are an utter failure in that duty. You really shouldn't reply to a message you haven't read. You show yourself to be a judgemental, intolerant, narrow-minded bigot with your every word. I end with the words of the Bard:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Truster

From Miriam-Webster:

the·ol·o·gy - noun \thē-ˈä-lə-jē\ - 1: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
a : a theological theory or system <Thomist theology> <a theology of atonement>
b : a distinctive body of theological opinion <Catholic theology>

Study of the nature of God and the relationship of the human and divine. The term was first used in the works of Plato and other Greek philosophers to refer to the teaching of myth, but the discipline expanded within Christianity and has found application in all theistic religions (see theism). It examines doctrines concerning such subjects as sin, faith, and grace and considers the terms of God's covenant with humankind in matters such as salvation and eschatology. Theology typically takes for granted the authority of a religious teacher or the validity of a religious experience. It is distinguished from philosophy in being concerned with justifying and explicating a faith, rather than questioning the underlying assumptions of such faith, but it often employs quasi-philosophical methods.

the·ism - noun \ˈthē-ˌi-zəm\ : belief in the existence of a god or god; specifically : belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world

I do worship God. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd realize that.

But here's something even your judgemental self will understand:

Matthew 7 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? ...

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I am most certainly not wicked by any definition of the word (and I looked it up, something you should learn to do.) I really don't care if you consider me to be deluded, I know better. And yes, the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow. I grow increasingly convinced that you don't have any such thing. I was under the impression that it was the duty of Christians to "save" the souls of non-believers such as myself. If that is true, you are an utter failure in that duty. You really shouldn't reply to a message you haven't read. You show yourself to be a judgement, intolerant, narrow-minded bigot with your every word. I end with the words of the Bard:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

You expect to get a correct interpretation of a spiritual word from a secular dictionary? Your impression is wrong. The truly converted man does not attempt to save reprobates like yourself we drive them out of our fellowships.

Your comprehension of judging is zero.

squareciscool

You expect to get a correct interpretation of a spiritual word from a secular dictionary? Your impression is wrong. The truly converted man does not attempt to save reprobates like yourself we drive them out of our fellowships.

Your comprehension of judging is zero.

The word is not spiritual. Your interpretation of the word is narrow and attempts to exclude any definition that doesn't agree with what you want it to mean. But I've seen enough to know that that is how you work. If something or someone doesn't agree with your own personal interpretation, then it doesn't count in your narrow world. You may judge me to be a reprobate if you please. I completely fail to care about your opinion in any way whatsoever.

I am well aware of what judging is. I've met it many times in my life. It usually seems to come from those with narrow minds such as yourself. Congratulations, you've just become the first person I have ever put on an ignore list. I'm sure you don't care and I think that's probably for the best.