2015 NBA Playoffs thread

Son of Jack

I suppose I will always love the NBA, but I wish the play wasn't so casual and sloppy.

For the vast majority of teams, I think you are right. There are exceptions to the rule. I like the fact that teams like the Spurs, Hawks, and Warriors move the ball. The one negative impact of the Jordan era was the tendency for every team to play isolation (hero) offense. Sharing the basketball makes the game much better to watch.

Spurs Basketball

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I agree with everything y'all have been saying about the West. Loaded. Seeds 1-6 could advance to the Finals and it wouldn't be a surprise.

What do you guys think about the East? I think it will either be the Cavs or the Bulls. If Rose can continue to play at the level he's been at the last two games, the Bulls can beat the Cavs.

For the East.....I'm not basing this on first hand knowledge because I haven't watched much of the NBA this season but it's hard to buy the Hawks because they don't have any recent success. I'd agree with you on the Cavs or Bulls.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If the Spurs go out, I hope it isn't to the tissue-paper soft Clippers. I do agree that the Spurs will create more matchup problems for the Warriors, but the way Parker is playing right now, Curry would absolutely annihilate him. If it happens to be the Clips and the Warriors, I'll be cheering for the Warriors all the way. I don't really like Paul or Griffin.

I like Paul. I liked him during his Wake Forest days and when he was at New Orleans. I was upset when he went to the Clippers because they are not really a team I'd ever root for. I wonder if he wishes he was still in NO with Davis. :think:

The Berean

I bet Kerr and the Warriors would wish people wouldn't talk about their 'diabolical run' while they playoffs are still going on. :chuckle:

Like I said before if this Warrior team falls short it would be so disappointing. But they did have a historic regular season. They have won two postseason games. They need to win 14 more post season games to raise the championship trophy. It's been a long time.

rick-barry.jpg

Word based mystic

I agree.

I'm picking the Cavs.

Atlanta won't make it past the Bulls.

Bulls vs. Cavs would make a great Eastern Conference Finals.

i wish i could bet you a c note on the hawks beating the bulls.

the hawks will fly this year and will be a close call in the finals.

their 4th quarter play is getting better and will go the distance

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cavs are now up 3-0

That's not good news for the Celtics.

Unlike MLB and the NHL, no team in NBA history has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit.

It happened 4 times in the NHL.

It happened 1 time in MLB.

Teams that have gone 3-0 are 110-0 in the history of the NBA.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

When the Bulls beat the Hawks in a few weeks, you'll be thanking me for not taking your $100.00

The Berean

OOOOMMMMGGGGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Warriors are down by 20 points after three quarters and come back to win the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smack:

This is the third largest 4th quarter deficit comeback in NBA HISTORY! :shocked:

Son of Jack

OOOOMMMMGGGGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Warriors are down by 20 points after three quarters and come back to win the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smack:

This is the third largest 4th quarter deficit comeback in NBA HISTORY! :shocked:

You're right. It was incredible. I watched the first three quarters, and the Warriors played terrible offensively and defensively. I totally believe that Curry can will them to victory in any game at any time. He is playing better than anyone else in the NBA right now. I watch him play, and I can tell that he believes in everything he does.

If my Spurs get through, I hope they can play someone other than the Warriors right now. Curry versus Parker (or whoever will be playing for him) is such a mismatch that it could offset the other match-ups that fall in the Spurs favor.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Spurs/Warriors and Bulls/Cavaliers anyone? :)

I like the Warriors, but I'll root for the old guys...on the other side, tough call. Hard not to love watching Rose come back to himself.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You better hope your Hawks get by Brooklyn in the first round.

The series is tied 2-2

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Love is wrong about Kelly Olynyk intentionally attempting to injure him, but Olynyk should be hit with a massive fine and suspension because the play was illegal and the intent to yank Love out of position to make a play on the ball could reasonably be seen to lead to the injury sustained. Or, this is one case where intention and even history shouldn't mitigate.

Rules designed to prevent injury are the sort where compassion and mitigation of impact can't and shouldn't be considered. This is a career impacting play, a playoff impacting foul and the penalty should reflect it.

The_Prodigal

BANNED
Banned
I too believe the Spurs are as exciting as watching paint dry.

But it is awfully good paint. LOL

I like Golden State..I am a huge Stefon Curry fan. I am not sure they have the depth to win it all though.

The team who impresses me most every single time I watch them is Atlanta. That ball movement! Quick as grease on a steel rail. And a scrappy D. I love Kyle Korver. He might be MVP.

I am picking them over the Warriors in the finals, in six.

Remember where ya heard it, brothers.