İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Daedalean's_Sun

According to the law of God it is.

And this is the problem I have with that theology. Such laws are barbaric and heinous. Heinous acts perpetrated under the pretense of God's will.

You cannot violate the law of the land without bearing out its consequences.

What is lawful is not always moral, nor what is moral always lawful.

If I was the executioner, I would not disobey.

And you would be contributing to the decline of your culture in such uncritical obedience.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find no problems with any of these, if we also do not forget or overlook the other verses detailing the laws of Jihad.

:think: Seriously. You have no problem with verses that command you to smite those who refuse to convert?

Aimiel

What's God's word?
The Holy Bible.
You can't equate God's Word as the logos/memra for that is Hellenistic polytheism.
Just because your religion dictates that doctrine doesn't make it true. Jesus IS The Logos.
We worship God and God alone, not any of his angels or agents. And furthermore the books of the NT never claim to be the word of God. Most of them are written by anonymous authors.
No. Their authorship, honesty and authenticity are well established. That's FAR more than can be said for the Koran.
And we know that there were far more many gospels and writings out there, and we know that it was mere men that had to select what was to be included in the canon and what wasn't.
We also know that they chose correctly.

Having The Holy Spirit living inside of one does far more than any religion or even knowledge or study or even praying. He witnesses together with our spirit these things are true.
Yes that's blasphemy and foolish. But I don't.
Believing that doesn't make it true.
If you claim that the Qur'an is the word of a demon, then prove your claim. The Qur'an is more closer to the Tanach than the writings of St.Paul
I don't have to prove it. It speaks for itself.
You don't seem to get it. God does NOT resemble us in any form or shape. God does not have ears and eyes like our own, it is foolish and illogical to think otherwise.
But your image of God is correct?
You continue to worship, and pray, and sacrifice to a three-in-one God, that no one before Christ ever knew of.
Not me.
A God who has taken for himself a Son, like the Hellenistic idea of logos.
He put Jesus into Mary's womb. He is God's birth Son.
You may continue to be a polytheism and continue having the license to sin - and think that the Messiah died for all your sins, a satanic thought. All your life is gone to waste, you deny the God of Abraham for a false godhood
That describe Islam, not Christianity.
My God is YhVh - the God of Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon and Jesus.
If you knew The Father, you'd know The Son.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
And this is the problem I have with that theology. Such laws are barbaric and heinous. Heinous acts perpetrated under the pretense of God's will.

Its unsurprising and expected. God has clearly said that our main enemy is satan, and that friends of his would not like the law of God. For me personally its as clear as daylight. The law, the explicit and clear laws (not one that is disputed/to be interpreted), is clearly from the Lord of the Universe. There's no two ways around it. The best of mankind are those who are graceful and obedient to their Creator. And God tests us, to differentiate those who stick to their pure pristine originality of piety from those who allow themselves to be influenced by external demonic forces. Whatever God asks us to do is clearly in alignment with our fithra.

What is lawful is not always moral, nor what is moral always lawful.

God is the only One who is unchanging and who has the right to pass laws. Its a beautiful and simple way of life. If it is from God, it is the Truth and if you reject it - YOU are a friend of evil.

And you would be contributing to the decline of your culture in such uncritical obedience.

Nope. God has proved himself well capable of ruining civilisation when they turn their backs on him.

God knows whatever you are thinking in and out, and why you reject Him. Its because you don't use your reason (the lamentations of the people of the fire is that they say "if only we use our reason!") - but you are biased towards yourself. YOUR views in morality are PERFECT, you already know what is good and bad so why invoke God, how can God be so unfair. Use your reason and not your bias - God can and does contradict our whims and fancies and we fail ourselves if we don't submit to Him. After all He is Lord, and we are nothing.

Daedalean's_Sun

Its unsurprising and expected.

Well, yes, generally you will find opposition when you enforce censorship with death. If it were the act of some other religion I'd venture that you would find it barbaric, no?

God has clearly said that our main enemy is satan, and that friends of his would not like the law of God.

And so say many religions, sects, and denominations of each other. For me, if I am looking for the work of benevolent being, I am not looking for those that so freely demands bloodshed. If I was an omniscient benevolent being of infinite love and mercy, it does me no justice for humans to be killing each other, nor my 'love' defended at the end of a blade or barrel of a gun. That is the work of humans.

The suspicion that Satan could be lurking behind any person, promotes a kind of paranoia and disharmony that can tear a society apart.

For me personally its as clear as daylight. The law, the explicit and clear laws (not one that is disputed/to be interpreted), is clearly from the Lord of the Universe.

And how do you know that?

There's no two ways around it. The best of mankind are those who are graceful and obedient to their Creator.

If one kills another because they have the audacity to suggest error in belief of the other, this doesn't jump out at me as "graceful". A person confident in his truth, need not resort to such heinous acts.

God is the only One who is unchanging and who has the right to pass laws. Its a beautiful and simple way of life. If it is from God, it is the Truth and if you reject it - YOU are a friend of evil.

I think you might find this article interesting:

Clicky

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
??

Gain knowledge and understanding before you assume much!

What's to understand?

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
What's to understand?

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

This passage only increases me in faith.

I don't see in what way God is commanding me to convert or kill unbelievers. You need to be more academic in your approach to the Qur'an, but if you don't care then Insha'Allah it'll misguide you away from the truth - God promises that

bybee

I don't see in what way God is commanding me to convert or kill unbelievers. You need to be more academic in your approach to the Qur'an, but if you don't care then Insha'Allah it'll misguide you away from the truth - God promises that

Willful ignorance is a curse.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Of course. The passage highlighted in red must not really mean *smite at their necks*.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what do you want? God to command us to wait like sheep to a slaughterhouse when the enemy approaches? Ignorance is bliss

Those doing the smiting are responsible for CREATING the slaughterhouse.

Disbelief and the right to live OUTSIDE of your religion is no threat to anyone.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Well, yes, generally you will find opposition when you enforce censorship with death. If it were the act of some other religion I'd venture that you would find it barbaric, no?

The Torah has even harsher laws. If they are from God I won't dare judge God.

And so say many religions, sects, and denominations of each other. For me, if I am looking for the work of benevolent being, I am not looking for those that so freely demands bloodshed. If I was an omniscient benevolent being of infinite love and mercy, it does me no justice for humans to be killing each other, nor my 'love' defended at the end of a blade or barrel of a gun. That is the work of humans.

Death is a mercy to those who mock God if only they knew. They clearly have failed the test of faith while befriending Satan. God has proved to them that they are not worthy of His Presence. They would be grateful once they know how much we have reduced their grief and fear. I see the Mercy of God everywhere, while you are too narrow-minded, and assuming that life is only this life. That's why we need force, if people like you seize power in the lands of God, you'll will send not only you'll into eternal grief and fear, but also entire nations

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Death is a mercy to those who mock God if only they knew. They clearly have failed the test of faith while betraying Satan. God has proved to them that they are not worthy of His Presence. They would be grateful once they know how much we have reduced their grief and fear. I see the Mercy of God everywhere, while you are too narrow-minded, and assuming that life is only this life. That's why we need force, if people like you seize power in the lands of God, you'll will send not only you'll into eternal grief and fear, but also entire nations.

Yeah ... nothing radical to read here ...

Aimiel

What's God's word?
The Holy Bible.
You can't equate God's Word as the logos/memra for that is Hellenistic polytheism.
Just because your religion dictates that doctrine doesn't make it true. Jesus IS The Logos.
We worship God and God alone, not any of his angels or agents. And furthermore the books of the NT never claim to be the word of God. Most of them are written by anonymous authors.
No. Their authorship, honesty and authenticity are well established. That's FAR more than can be said for the Koran.
And we know that there were far more many gospels and writings out there, and we know that it was mere men that had to select what was to be included in the canon and what wasn't.

Having The Holy Spirit living inside of one does far more than any religion or even knowledge or study or even praying. He witnesses together with our spirit these things are true.
If you claim that the Qur'an is the word of a demon, then prove your claim. The Qur'an is more closer to the Tanach than the writings of St.Paul
You don't seem to get it. God does NOT resemble us in any form or shape. God does not have ears and eyes like our own, it is foolish and illogical to think otherwise.
You continue to worship, and pray, and sacrifice to a three-in-one God, that no one before Christ ever knew of.
Not me.
You may continue to be a polytheism and continue having the license to sin - and think that the Messiah died for all your sins, a satanic thought. All your life is gone to waste, you deny the God of Abraham for a false godhood
My God is YhVh - the God of Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon and Jesus.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
If one kills another because they have the audacity to suggest error in belief of the other, this doesn't jump out at me as "graceful". A person confident in his truth, need not resort to such heinous acts.

The problem with discussions about the Law, is that Satan causes you to think all sorts of nonsense.

The tolerance that the Prophet (sal) ordered was unparalled by anyone before him. This is the covenant he made with all peace-loving Christians

http://www.mcb.org.uk/prophet-muhammad-covenant-christians/

The Qur'an welcomes debate and discussions with the sword being withdrawn. In fact it explicitly commands the creation of platforms where we can debate and discuss religious issues in "the best of ways with wisdom and understanding". The Qur'an is the only scripture that declares all mankind equal except in unseen piety, and is the only book that actually asks believers to come to common understanding with those who received scripture before us. It is also the only scripture that actually praises the qualities of some unbelievers.

Capital punishment is only for the blasphemers living in fully established Khilafah, with full knowledge of the law of the land, and who blaspheme only for the sake of sparking instability. This is high treason.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Those doing the smiting are responsible for CREATING the slaughterhouse.

Disbelief and the right to live OUTSIDE of your religion is no threat to anyone.

Excuse me but in war/battle we are not supposed to do nothing. Have you ever pictured yourself in battle? What will you do? That's right. Kill them the easiest and fastest way possible.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Excuse me but in war/battle we are not supposed to do nothing. Have you ever pictured yourself in battle? What will you do? That's right. Kill them the easiest and fastest way possible.

What war? What battle? Is someone preventing you from praying or preaching? Or perhaps you believe that those who do not wish to listen to you and be DICTATED to BY you are engaging in war. Without even striking. :think:

Aimiel

What's God's word?
The Holy Bible.

Not me.