REPORT: Nicer Than God - By Bob Enyart

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really think that it would be possible for someone with a knowledge of the truth would choose separation? :think:

Yes, we have them here on this site. Self proclaimed satanists and such. They chose eternal seperation consciously. Of course, they can still be redeemed, as long as they haven't done one certain thing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes, we have them here on this site. Self proclaimed satanists and such. They chose eternal seperation consciously. Of course, they can still be redeemed, as long as they haven't done one certain thing.
And that one certain thing is die.

red77

Yes. Satan did, as well as 1/3rd of the angels. Not to mention all the pagans running around on the planet. The Truth walked the earth in the flesh for 33 years, and yes, folks rejected Him then, just as they do now. Seriously though, I'm not going to go pages with you or dave over the Lake again. I asked you pages back in post 60 "new covenant of what " Christ brought. Would you mind expanding on that a little? I also asked you if you felt Paul was given any authority. Was he, or no?

Firstly I don't believe that the 'rebellion' is literal but rather metaphorical, if satan and the angels are literal beings then how would it be possible for them to not know that rebelling would end in their destruction? They must have known that God could destroy them in the blink of an eye if he chose so it makes no sense to be literal

And because "pagans" don't currently believe doesn't address why any of them would choose to separate themselves from God once faced with the irrefutable knowledge that he is there, human beings are fallible creatures and I believe that God already knows this...

I believe that Jesus brought us a new covenant to give us a new set of teachings as well as ministering, to love our enemies, to love our neighbour as ourself, to place compassion above legalism and generally how to live our lives and treat others with respect and kindness

I believe that Paul was given authority from God, yes....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Firstly I don't believe that the 'rebellion' is literal but rather metaphorical, if satan and the angels are literal beings then how would it be possible for them to not know that rebelling would end in their destruction? They must have known that God could destroy them in the blink of an eye if he chose so it makes no sense to be literal

What can I say red? This isn't the only issue you disagree with God about. That's what happens when you start making things up on your own, like dave, who likes trying to redefine sin because God really didn't mean what He actually said... followed by excuses.

And because "pagans" don't currently believe doesn't address why any of them would choose to separate themselves from God once faced with the irrefutable knowledge that he is there, human beings are fallible creatures and I believe that God already knows this...

It's as obvious as someone knocking on the door but refusing to answer for whatever reason.

I believe that Jesus brought us a new covenant to give us a new set of teachings as well as ministering, to love our enemies, to love our neighbour as ourself, to place compassion above legalism and generally how to live our lives and treat others with respect and kindness

That isn't "new". Correcting misunderstanding isn't offering something new. If this were a "new" thing, then this guy woulda missed the answer:

"...He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’[h] and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” And He said to him, “You have answered rightly;... "

As for your "respect and kindness" that would only be in context. All situations do not require such.

I believe that Paul was given authority from God, yes....

Back in post 44 you said:

"By measuring what Jesus's own words are and how he commands us to live, to treat each other as we would prefer to be treated ourselves, no-one kicks up a fuss about eating shrimp anymore and Christ himself didn't seem concerned enough to mention homosexuality even the once...."

Paul does mention homos. He lists them with other sins that Jesus did not repeal.

red77

What can I say red? This isn't the only issue you disagree with God about. That's what happens when you start making things up on your own, like dave, who likes trying to redefine sin because God really didn't mean what He actually said... followed by excuses.

No, I just disagree with you about it, I'm not trying to redefine sin at all so I don't even know where you're going with that to be honest, I'm merely pointing out that some of us do not take every account in the bible as literal and this being one of those occasions, if nothing else please explain how there is any logic in a literal being who has been created by God and must know that God could despatch it into oblivion would rebel....? It doesn't make sense on that count alone.... :liberals:

It's as obvious as someone knocking on the door but refusing to answer for whatever reason.

human beings are not robots and with the amount of conflicting ideologies out there it's no wonder that people do not find it as obvious as someone ringing their doorbell....

That isn't "new". Correcting misunderstanding isn't offering something new. If this were a "new" thing, then this guy woulda missed the answer:

"...He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’[h] and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” And He said to him, “You have answered rightly;... "

As for your "respect and kindness" that would only be in context. All situations do not require such.

Yes, and look at the 'law', it's love! Jesus taught us a different way of dealing with our enemies and those who persecute etc etc......

Back in post 44 you said:

"By measuring what Jesus's own words are and how he commands us to live, to treat each other as we would prefer to be treated ourselves, no-one kicks up a fuss about eating shrimp anymore and Christ himself didn't seem concerned enough to mention homosexuality even the once...."

Paul does mention homos. He lists them with other sins that Jesus did not repeal.

Considering what Paul outlines as sinful behaviour there's an abundance of it which all of of us at least sometimes have behaved in, many of the others are actually mentioned by Jesus with his encounters with the pharisees, if homosexuality were supposed to be at the forefront then why is it not focussed on anywhere near enough as it is on here?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
No, I just disagree with you about it, I'm not trying to redefine sin at all so I don't even know where you're going with that to be honest, I'm merely pointing out that some of us do not take every account in the bible as literal and this being one of those occasions, if nothing else please explain how there is any logic in a literal being who has been created by God and must know that God could despatch it into oblivion would rebel....? It doesn't make sense on that count alone.... :liberals:

I used dave as an example because he is notorious. It's not me disagreeing with the Words God spoke, it's you hiding behind an esoteric "metaphorical" reading for anything you don't agree with. What is satan? If he really wasn't an angel who fell, what is "he"? Please don't say anything to do with men, God has no problem pointing out men are wicked in their own right.

human beings are not robots and with the amount of conflicting ideologies out there it's no wonder that people do not find it as obvious as someone ringing their doorbell....

As you rightly point out, men aren't robots. Which means they aren't automatically expected to answer when Christ knocks. Which means they really can reject Christ. The Truth is not hidden, His call simply goes unanswered, willfully. Please don't try to blame men for other men's rejections, that is just one more excuse.

Yes, and look at the 'law', it's love! Jesus taught us a different way of dealing with our enemies and those who persecute etc etc......

Jesus didn't change the rules. He upheld the rules and spread the gospel of repenting and keeping the rules. An example: "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." Jesus didn't change that rule, He expected homos to repent and start following that rule. Why? Because they are to Love God first (the One who issued the rule) and love their neighbor as themselves (which is not to lead others into sin, or to help them get out of sin if they are in it.)

Considering what Paul outlines as sinful behaviour there's an abundance of it which all of of us at least sometimes have behaved in, many of the others are actually mentioned by Jesus with his encounters with the pharisees, if homosexuality were supposed to be at the forefront then why is it not focussed on anywhere near enough as it is on here?

It's amazing you would defend this one sexually immoral practice as if Christ would condone it. A homo isn't "sometimes" a homo. If you find yourself acting in a way Paul outlines, the best thing to do is stop.

Homoism is being pushed in our society. Often times by folks like you and dave who preach tolerance and acceptance of it while calling yourselves by the Name of Christ who did not tolerate or condone sexual immorality at all. I would expect just as many threads if adultery were being preached from the pulpits as homoism is today.

red77

I used dave as an example because he is notorious. It's not me disagreeing with the Words God spoke, it's you hiding behind an esoteric "metaphorical" reading for anything you don't agree with. What is satan? If he really wasn't an angel who fell, what is "he"? Please don't say anything to do with men, God has no problem pointing out men are wicked in their own right.

i'm asking you how it makes sense given the fact that Satan must have known that he had absolutely no chance whatsoever of destroying God, please explain how this makes sense

As you rightly point out, men aren't robots. Which means they aren't automatically expected to answer when Christ knocks. Which means they really can reject Christ. The Truth is not hidden, His call simply goes unanswered, willfully. Please don't try to blame men for other men's rejections, that is just one more excuse.

Then what about Thomas who doubted? Should he have been cast off for eternity for having these doubts?

Jesus didn't change the rules. He upheld the rules and spread the gospel of repenting and keeping the rules. An example: "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." Jesus didn't change that rule, He expected homos to repent and start following that rule. Why? Because they are to Love God first (the One who issued the rule) and love their neighbor as themselves (which is not to lead others into sin, or to help them get out of sin if they are in it.)

Jesus didn't single out homosexuals as being any worse than anyone else, if it was SUCH an important issue for christians then it is amazing that while ministering he chose not to mention it even the once.....Jesus seemed more concerned with teaching people a better way to live amongst each other, obviously this would include not tempting others to indulge in harmful behaviours but that is not the same as having us return to live under mosaic law....

It's amazing you would defend this one sexually immoral practice as if Christ would condone it. A homo isn't "sometimes" a homo. If you find yourself acting in a way Paul outlines, the best thing to do is stop.

Homoism is being pushed in our society. Often times by folks like you and dave who preach tolerance and acceptance of it while calling yourselves by the Name of Christ who did not tolerate or condone sexual immorality at all. I would expect just as many threads if adultery were being preached from the pulpits as homoism is today.

Oh come off it, no-one here has condoned sexual immorality - rather that killing people because of it shouldn't be at the forefront, and please don't try and pass off the fixation with homosexuality on here as for the most part people airing their own disgust, there's far more pressing matters in the world which are deserving of far more attention than the private sexual lives of people....

PKevman

That guy is just awesome!

:BRAVO:

There are videos on YouTube of him performing that song and his pro-life and abstinence songs on college campuses, and the audiences get extremely hostile. He stands in the middle of the fire and preaches the truth. Yeah I like the guy a lot!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are videos on YouTube of him performing that song and his pro-life and abstinence songs on college campuses, and the audiences get extremely hostile. He stands in the middle of the fire and preaches the truth. Yeah I like the guy a lot!
He came to our church and gave his testimony and performed a couple songs. :up:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
i'm asking you how it makes sense given the fact that Satan must have known that he had absolutely no chance whatsoever of destroying God, please explain how this makes sense

Wasn't that my point? He did know and still rejected God. Just like pagans today, they do know but still reject. Now... what is satan if God is being "esoteric" about Lucifer?

Then what about Thomas who doubted? Should he have been cast off for eternity for having these doubts?

He stopped doubting. "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” We all have the same opportunity to accept or reject Christ.

Jesus didn't single out homosexuals as being any worse than anyone else, if it was SUCH an important issue for christians then it is amazing that while ministering he chose not to mention it even the once.....Jesus seemed more concerned with teaching people a better way to live amongst each other, obviously this would include not tempting others to indulge in harmful behaviours but that is not the same as having us return to live under mosaic law....

Jesus taught the Law. Jesus didn't "single out" car jackers but we know theft is a sin, He didn't single out bestiality, but we already know what sexual immorality is. He did not abolish the Law. So when you rely on a "better way" what you are saying without knowing it is "follow the Law" because that is exactly what Jesus preached.

Oh come off it, no-one here has condoned sexual immorality -

Really? Dave is a supporter of homo commitment ceremonies.

...rather that killing people because of it shouldn't be at the forefront, and please don't try and pass off the fixation with homosexuality on here as for the most part people airing their own disgust, there's far more pressing matters in the world which are deserving of far more attention than the private sexual lives of people....

Ah. And here we have it. Homoism is really just a "private sexual matter", not that it's a sin or anything we should be calling folks away from. To you, a "far more pressing matter" is the very topic of this thread. It's a sin to be "intolerant" or "hateful" or give "bad rep", but homoism is just a mere "private sexual matter".

When you espouse this, you need to know, you are not Loving God first or loving your neighbor as yourself by His standard, but your own.