Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 17

13 He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

According to God, when does this end?

Jeremiah 18

9 And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, 10 if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.

According to God, can Israel do evil in his sight and still receive their earthly blessings?

SquatingBear
Those are not questions. I respect that you believe certain ways, no problem with me but I can't guess what you mean. What are you saying?

Your friend,

Chief ForkTongueSerpantChild

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those are not questions. What are you saying?

I didn't say anything. I quoted some very simple scripture and asked what is God saying.

Genesis 17

13 He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

According to God, when does this end?
Jeremiah 18

9 And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, 10 if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.

According to God, can Israel do evil in his sight and still receive their earthly blessings?

When does the covenant of circumcision end?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say anything. I quoted some very simple scripture and asked what is God saying.

When does the covenant of circumcision end?

There is no Covenant of Circumcision.

Circumcision is the token of the Abrahamic Covenant which is an everlasting/unconditional covenant.

Jerry Shugart

Endure to the end?

Your both confusing what Yeshua told his disciples.

Of course they are.

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Mt.24:13).​

By the context we can see that the reference to "salvation" is in regard "deliverance" from persecution and physical death:

"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake...But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Mt.24:9,13).​

This is a part of a narrative where the Lord Jesus is describing the events which will happen at the end of the age" (Mt.24:3) and that is exactly what the Lord Jesus referred to when He spoke of enduring to the "end." Here we see a prophecy which speaks of how some will be saved when they endure to the end:

"In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zech.12:8-9).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

can you show how your exegesis is correct
and that Mid Acts Disp exegesis is wrong ?

I am a Mid Acts dispensationalist but what does it say in The Plot about the requirements for salvation for those who lived before the present dispensation began?

Does anyone know?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no Covenant of Circumcision.

Genesis 17

It is time to see how honest you are, or if you are an actor.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 17

It is time to see how honest you are, or if you are an actor.

SquattingBear

The Covenant is called the Abrahamic covenant and circumcision is the sign or "token".

And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. (Genesis 17:11 KJV)

Circumcision - token - of - Abe Cov - between God and Abe

glorydaz

Of course they are.

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Mt.24:13).​

By the context we can see that the reference to "salvation" is in regard "deliverance" from persecution and physical death:

"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake...But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Mt.24:9,13).​

This is a part of a narrative where the Lord Jesus is describing the events which will happen at the end of the age" (Mt.24:3) and that is exactly what the Lord Jesus referred to when He spoke of enduring to the "end." Here we see a prophecy which speaks of how some will be saved when they endure to the end:

"In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zech.12:8-9).​

Uh, they weren't saved from physical death, were they?

Jerry Shugart

Uh, they weren't saved from physical death, were they?

The passage is speaking about what will happen in the future. And the ones who endure to the end of the great tribulation will indeed be saved from physical death.

The people in view at Matthew 24:13 will be saved in the same way that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when the Lord Jesus walked the earth, and that is by faith:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

They will receive eternal life the moment when they believe and once given that eternal life they shall never perish (Jn.10:28).

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
they had to keep the law

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. (Psalms 32:1-5 KJV)

That quote is not salvation by works is it?

way 2 go

Just search Acts to find out which Gentiles he sought out.
But if you don't want to know, I can't make you.

he went to gentiles that made Jews angry that he went to the them

Act 13:45 But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began to contradict what was spoken by Paul, reviling him.
Act 13:46 And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

:angrymob:

Act 13:50 But the Jews incited the devout women of high standing and the leading men of the city, stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and drove them out of their district.

way 2 go

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. (Psalms 32:1-5 KJV)

That quote is not salvation by works is it?

its God showing mercy because David is repentant

2Sa 12:9 Why have you despised the word of the LORD, to do what is evil in his sight? You have struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife and have killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.
2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

---------------------------------------

Mat_6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
Mat_6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

is this law or grace ?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
its God showing mercy because David is repentant

2Sa 12:9 Why have you despised the word of the LORD, to do what is evil in his sight? You have struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife and have killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.

2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

---------------------------------------

Mat_6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Mat_6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

is this law or grace ?

Obviously you do not know.

glorydaz

The passage is speaking about what will happen in the future. And the ones who endure to the end of the great tribulation will indeed be saved from physical death.

The people in view at Matthew 24:13 will be saved in the same way that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when the Lord Jesus walked the earth, and that is by faith:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

They will receive eternal life the moment when they believe and once given that eternal life they shall never perish (Jn.10:28).

Matt. 10:17-23
But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.​

Well, I understand about Matt. 24, but it seems to be applying to the disciples as well. Do you think this is talking about the great tribulation, too? And about physical death?

It seems a lot of people use the term "endure to the end" to refer to a loss of salvation if they fail to endure to the end of their life....which is why I'm asking.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 17

So you are in fact dishonest, to say there is no covenant of circumcision.

24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the Lord met him and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” 26 So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision.

Jerry Shugart

Well, I understand about Matt. 24, but it seems to be applying to the disciples as well. Do you think this is talking about the great tribulation, too? And about physical death?

Yes, verse 23 is speaking about the return of the Lord Jesus and that event will happen during the time surrounding the great tribulation.

It seems a lot of people use the term "endure to the end" to refer to a loss of salvation if they fail to endure to the end of their life....which is why I'm asking.

Yes, I know that there are some in the MAD camp who say that faith alone is not sufficient for salvation in the past dispensation and in the coming dispensation.

However, that was not the original teaching of the giants of MAD, Sir Robert Anderson and J.C. O'Hair.