toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
LOL.... She MANNED up?

Yeh I'm pretty sure Knight does NOT want a transgender for a mod! :wink:

What the heck do you mean? Is that the truth, or are you lying?

Hey this might be my fist ban, but in truth, I am a wealthy woman. You lie about something THAT EXTREME and DISGUSTING, I will enable her to sue you for slander!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe?

I think they COULD MENTION me out of courtesy, just plain decency.

I have to say, I doubt they care about that, for the majority, by who they choose, and it is never me!

I say, the heck with it!
Someone mentioned you earlier, but I think you'd slay too many dragons and the joint would look like a Baskin-Robbins in short order. :D

AMR is disqualified because the infraction notices would be longer than the posts objected to. :shocked:

StanJ53

We could ALL use some Ban. Some more than others.

beb1fe0fa859bbfaf5d2edc826c8.jpg

I used Old Spice soft solid but they stopped making it, so I switched to Mitchum Gel! Kinda cold and sticky at first. :eek:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

Hey this might be my fist ban, but in truth, I am a wealthy woman. You lie about something THAT EXTREME and DISGUSTING, I will enable her to sue you for slander!
Uhh Ktoyou I thought he was trying to be funny. Perhaps it was in poor taste but I don't think he was serious.

StanJ53

Well obviously YOU don't have a sense of humor, so you don't get my vote, IF I even have one.

StanJ53

It appears that he is making fun of someone using the term "MANNED up" when referring to a woman.

From the context and the smiley, it should be obvious that it was not intended to be slanderous.

Having to explain that, should disqualify her from the position don't you think?

Reactionary is NOT a good trait to have for a mod.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Someone mentioned you earlier, but I think you'd slay too many dragons and the joint would look like a Baskin-Robbins in short order. :D

AMR is disqualified because the infraction notices would be longer than the posts objected to. :shocked:

AMR would be a great moderator and is so elsewhere. He is too far Calvinist to be a mod here. He get infractions because he holds a view where no many can reburk, so, that report him out of envy.

As fir me, ask how many in the Women's club I have picked on, or slayed? I take responsibility very seriously; one hard part about that is you have to be fair in your judgements, even considering our Christian position.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Having to explain that, should disqualify her from the position don't you think?

Reactionary is NOT a good trait to have for a mod.

YOU are NOT answering me. I asked you, do you know she is that? Do you know, or are you slandering her, if so, I could sue you if she wished. What is the truth, now tell me?

StanJ53

YOU are NOT answering me. I asked you, do you know she is that? Do you know, or are you slandering her, if so, I could sue you if she wished. What is the truth, now tell me?

I guess there's some truth to "Blind Rage", isn't there?
You might want to actually read the post just prior to the one you quoted here, and take a chill pill woman.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
AMR would be a great moderator and is so elsewhere. He is too far Calvinist to be a mod here. He get infractions because he holds a view where no many can reburk, so, that report him out of envy.
I think he'd be great and I don't see his Calvinism as a bar, though I'm sure it would boil the blood of a number here. I was kidding. This thread is going to determine anything like the outcome. I figured everyone got that, so I've essentially picked at a few people as they were nominated and nodded at others.

I thought you'd be out of the running over your absences and health considerations. I also figured you wouldn't want it for many of the reasons I wouldn't. We already have the best job going.

As fir me, ask how many in the Women's club I have picked on, or slayed?
I wasn't aware you could ban people from that position. Have you bounced anyone? And isn't it a by invitation deal?

I take responsibility very seriously; one hard part about that is you have to be fair in your judgements, even considering our Christian position.
I've mostly been joking in a thread I don't think we're meant to take too seriously, but...okay, if I'm serious I'd say that anyone that wants the job should be the last person chosen for the job. You, me, whoever. If you find yourself trying to make the case for yourself then it would be a horrible decision for you. Not for TOL, not for any group therein, but for you.

I don't doubt you could do anything you set your mind to, but I think there are a number of posters who are better off personally and the site is better off seeing outside of the power structure, that being a part of that structure would diminish the contribution.

That's a compliment if you think about it. Or at least it was when I did.

:e4e:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know, you have always been a true friend and a very good man. Ebens, or whatever it is spelled (I like her simple real name) is a good moderator. :up:
I can't remember every name. ;) I've been posting them as I recall them--Add Kat to the list.

zoo22

I've had my problems with Inzl as mod, no doubt. But I was impressed with the way she wound up dealing with and facing things and moving forward after the hullabaloo. I got the sense she took it all to heart and that she thought about it a lot. It's so rare to see someone take a step back, and it seemed like she did. I'd say that whoever decided she ought to take some time off, whether that was her or someone else, might reconsider it.

:plain:

I think Tambora would be good, and I she probably hits a lot of the things I figure Knight is looking for in a mod as far as religion & politics.

I agree with the folks who think Rusha would be good. She doesn't have the religion, and I know that's important to Knight. But she has respect for it. She's observant, and she's involved and present without being overbearing.

I think annabenedetti'd be good, but I don't think I'd want her to be a mod because I wouldn't want it to burn her out. Or vice-versa... We might all wake up one morning and find out that she'd set TOL on fire. :plain: But probably the Catholicism is no-starter anyway.

I've said before, I think AMR would be good. I know the religion is an issue there.

Most of all, I'd like to see the tag team of TSF + TGL given a shot at the helm. But we'd need to install seat belts.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In no particular order my choices would be..

Arthur Brain
Town Heretic
Zoo22
Rusha
Lon
AMR
VegasCowboy
Chickenman
Tambora

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I can't remember every name. ;) I've been posting them as I recall them--Add Kat to the list.

I would think, you would think it should be me fisrt, if not, maybe I am wasting my time here? Consider, all I do and any question that brings to mind as to when you think of, never seems to include me. As I said, why like to sue him? waste my time, if you have no appreciation for me.

Tell me this is that fat old man Stan, telling a horrible lie about you? He said clearly, you are a man, I need to know if you refute that and would like to see him very sorry, friends or not, I would do that for any woman, called a man-made product!