toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

StanJ53

Yeah, I am 17 and in November, I will be 27, according to your thinking, if we shall call your cognitive ability that! I better model might be SR,SR,SR,SR..........................

:cry: ........ :p

Guess you've never heard the term stick & stones then hey yungin'?

:D

genuineoriginal

Good to know! I do not see that kind of statement as ever funny; it is demeaning and does damage beyond what is apparent. You could sue g=him for raising that on a public forum, and as strange as it sounds, not ban him, rather take it to the real world.
I am afraid you would not have any luck pursuing that in a court, so don't waste your money. LGBT have become protected classes, and your objection to the crass joke would make you guilty of a hate crime. That is a sad, sad result of the perverted world we live in.

I never was this agitated before and, if you do not know, I have always been fair. I do not expect much respect anymore.
K, I am getting old, and have seen enough of this world to know that the people that deserve the most respect often get the least.

My point in the post was that a moderator is not able to allow themselves the luxury of getting agitated over stupid things that the other posters say or don't say, but must find a way to look at crass and distastful posts with fairness and objectivity. Can you honestly state that your posts in this thread show your fairness and objectivity?

Lon

toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

Anybody that you pick and train well to espouse your ideals for running the forum. I don't think they need even be of your theological persuasion to do a good job and uphold them (they aren't particular rules to any one theological perspective). NOT me though. I'd bounce too many for expressing droll opposition in quadruplicates. As such, I'm very impressed with the patience and long-suffering of those you already have! :up:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am afraid you would not have any luck pursuing that in a court, so don't waste your money. LGBT have become protected classes, and your objection to the crass joke would make you guilty of a hate crime. That is a sad, sad result of the perverted world we live in.

K, I am getting old, and have seen enough of this world to know that the people that deserve the most respect often get the least.

My point in the post was that a moderator is not able to allow themselves the luxury of getting agitated over stupid things that the other posters say or don't say, but must find a way to look at crass and distastful posts with fairness and objectivity. Can you honestly state that your posts in this thread show your fairness and objectivity?

You think you know better than me. Well, I held the principle argument why prisoners were not given estrogen in Texas state prisons. Since you are so much wiser on the subject than me, maybe you should run for state governor?

I have defeated LGBxx before and I could do it again, thanks to my legal experts, and most to this nation, in agreement with me. I do not cow-tow to special interest groups who are interested in destroying the moral fiber of this nation.

BTW: Your getting old, alright, do you think you are older than me?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hey, fat Stan, you said "With that kind of potty mouth, you won't make mod yungin" When did I ever use foul language? Look :dunce: you neg me, it is like an ant, but when I do it to you, is is something bigger. You have to be a loose cannon, a dimwit, to play that way.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think this post deserves a POTY nomination for best use of the multi-quote function.
Needs to be one that does not get their feelings hurt easily.
Needs to be one that is present on a daily basis (or close to it).
Needs to be one that is not intimidated by others.
Needs to be one that has the same beliefs that TOL wants to represent (or close to it).

Stripe
Lighthouse
You didn't use a period after my name! :shocked: .. :allsmile:

I would like to volunteer. Campaign promises to follow....
:darwinsm:

I agree completely with the first three, but disagree on the necessity for your last. We already have mods who fit the last, so adding a mod who might not personally agree with TOL beliefs, but who understands and respects the TOL commandments and applies them well could be a real asset to the moderating team.
Diversity is divisive.

In what way? Can you give an example of when you think I'd do the 'fair' thing over the 'right' thing?
Try this. Read through all the reports submitted by those on your wish-list and see how many of them were completely ignored.

Remember the bicyclist invasion a few years ago? That was entertaining.
I thought that's how you got here. :idunno:

We gotta go do that again.
That's what we need, a good raid, we need to all put on our war paint and go raid someplace, from every direction.
I know the perfect place. :up:

:shocked: ...Let me go do my workout.

7_5_122.gif
Ha! :ha: That was going to be my workout.

If we were going that route I would say Lon. He is the most likable Calvinist on the site.
Yeah, but only because God willed it from eternity past. :)

We could ALL use some Ban. Some more than others.

Spoiler
beb1fe0fa859bbfaf5d2edc826c8.jpg
Ban VC and StanJ for not using [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.
Is there actually going to be a new mod? Or is this thread just for fun?
We should have a vote. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Diversity is divisive.
That's what Hitler thought.

He'd have made an awful mod. :plain:

Try this. Read through all the reports submitted by those on your wish-list and see how many of them were completely ignored.
You might as well have described how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Same linkage.

Needs to be one that does not get their feelings hurt easily.
That hurt my feelings.

Needs to be one that is present on a daily basis (or close to it).
You mean around here or while they're here? :think: I think you just hurt my feelings again.

Needs to be one that is not intimidated by others.
If you say so...dang! This just isn't going well...unless you think it is...yep, I'm weeping. Just couldn't get any worse.

Stripe
Lighthouse
I was wrong. :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And therefore, I'm wrong?
Therefore you agree with Hitler. Your being wrong is just gravy.

Where'd you get your critical thinking skillz?
I was born into a family that valued them, went to a really good university, nabbed a top ten percent LSAT, got into a really good law school, graduated with funny neckwear. The usual.

When are you getting yours?

What trend was that?
People attempting to make causal connections that don't rationally apply. It's all the rage around here.