toldailytopic: Did Jesus die for all men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

He died for all men but not all will accept the free gift of the atonement.

Those Christ died for do not have to accept it, it Eternal Life, is given to them based upon What Christ done for them, and of which the Father accepted.

Thats like saying, Those the Atonement was made for when Aaron made it on the day of Atonement for the House of Israel, was offered to everyone to see if they would accept it ! What nonsense. Once Aaron made the Atonement, and He came out of the Holy of Holies Alive, it meant God had accepted the Sacrifice for the People, it did not matter if they accepted it or not. What mattered is whether or not God had accepted it .

Jn 17:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

They don't have to accept it, neither is it offered, but its Given Legally to them in the Mind Of God.

The Elect have Eternal Life given to them before they are Born sinners out of Adam.

It Eternal Life was legally and decretively given to them in Christ Jesus, by that Grace Given them in Christ before the world Began.

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 3:7

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you really want to have a personal debate with me, are you willing to commit to a "One on One"? Knight can set it up, according to agreed upon terms established between us.
Sounds like this would be very edifying. ;)

AMR

Universalist

Yes, he is...

1 Corinthians 15:22--For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Timothy 4:10--For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Krsto

Is this one-on-one going to take place?

AMR

Yes but not as a one-on-one. I'm not so much interested in formal debate as Nang suggested but would like to continue our discussion about adoption. I'll work on that and hope not to get interupted here at home . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes but not as a one-on-one. I'm not so much interested in formal debate as Nang suggested but would like to continue our discussion about adoption. I'll work on that and hope not to get interupted here at home . . .

Nang will not engage in any further forum discussions with Krsto on TOL, until and unless he agrees to formally debate me, according to debate terms presented in a PM to Krsto, to establish a One on One (more than a week ago).

Me

Krsto

Sinful men "choosing" what?

To raise themselves to new spiritual life and finding justification before God according to their own volitional powers and abilities . . . or "choosing" to lead a holy and sanctified life after divine regeneration?

The Greek word, "haireomai" appears only twice in the N.T. and pertains to sanctification that follows upon justification by faith alone.

I seriously doubt you can post anything that will take down the Reformed Faith like a stack of cards! :crackup:

Nang

If you are basing it on that particular Greek word then your house of cards is lying flat on the table.

That particular Greek word is used two times in the NT and only one time in reference to God choosing. The other two times it is man choosing.

Your definition is wrong my friend.

Here are the three cases:

Php. 1:22 - If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

Heb. 11:25 - He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time.

2 Th. 2:13 - But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang will not engage in any further forum discussions with Krsto on TOL, until and unless he agrees to formally debate me, according to debate terms presented in a PM to Krsto, to establish a One on One (more than a week ago).

Me
Sigh. I was looking forward to this one-on-one and assumed it was going to happen.

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.