toldailytopic: Valentine's Day. Who is your Valentine? What are your Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 14th, 2011 11:30 AM

toldailytopic: Valentine's Day. Who is your Valentine? What are your Valentine's Day plans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My beautiful wife is my Valentine. We went out the other night with other couples from our church and had an amazing time.

We are also going to have our own dinner together tomorrow night so we can avoid the Valentine's Day restaurant crowds.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My lovely wife is my valentine, of course!

We're staying in and doing a nice dinner with champagne.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic:
Valentine's Day.
Who is your Valentine?
What are your Valentine's Day plans?

Why that would be .... :drum: .... Mrs Psalmist

:hetro:

Dinner with our daughter Patricia and her husband Jeff.

nicholsmom

My amazing husband :hetro:
He took all of Friday off so that we could go shopping in Indy, then we got my nails done and went to a dinner-dance. On Saturday we went to a Valentine Social with our oldest two daughters and we had a great time dancing again :straight:

Today, I got red roses from my Valentine :cloud9:

Buzzword

My awesome wife is my Valentine.
Two years ago today we gave each other fiancees for Valentine's Day.
:hetro:

This year we kinda had a gender stereotype reversal.
I've always been addicted to Whitman's Samplers, so she got me a 24 oz. box.
I got her a DVD of Queen performing at the MK Bowl in 1982.

Tonight she's making lasagna. :cool:

Aimiel

Valentine's Day: the only holiday invented by US greeting card manufacturers. We're doing nothing, since we don't recognize invented things like Valentine's, Kwanza, widgets or snipe.

Buzzword

Valentine's Day: the only holiday invented by US greeting card manufacturers. We're doing nothing, since we don't recognize invented things like Valentine's, Kwanza, widgets or snipe.

There's always gotta be at least one angry or bitter person every time a holiday comes around...

Aimiel

There's always gotta be at least one angry or bitter person every time a holiday comes around...
:rotfl:

I am not the least bit angry that Americans buy dinner, candy, cards and movie tickets galore on one day per year that greeting card manufacturers agreed to the date and description of... I'm just honest. To me, every day is something to be VERY thankful for, so as far as I'm concerned it's Thanksgiving Day, every single day. We live better than kings did just a generation or two ago, and many people think they're owed things like food, health insurance, a car or shelter for example. We need to not only be thankful for what we do have but learn to give to those in need and always be cheerful.

nicholsmom

:rotfl:

I am not the least bit angry that Americans buy dinner, candy, cards and movie tickets galore on one day per year that greeting card manufacturers agreed to the date and description of...

We go out regularly :idunno: Why not for Valentine's Day?

I'm just honest. To me, every day is something to be VERY thankful for, so as far as I'm concerned it's Thanksgiving Day, every single day. We live better than kings did just a generation or two ago, and many people think they're owed things like food, health insurance, a car or shelter for example. We need to not only be thankful for what we do have but learn to give to those in need and always be cheerful.

So how often do you take your wife out on a fun date?
How often do you buy her flowers?
Write her love notes?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

St. Valentine's Day memorializes two early Christian martyrs (3rd century).
Using this date to honor the love between a man and wife dates back hundreds of years, long before Hallmark saw the opportunity to use it as a marketing tool.

Dena

We are doing nothing because that is the way I like it. I don't need flowers...I'd rather have a book. I don't need dinner...I can't eat anything anyway (trying to eliminate allergens). I don't need chocolates...unless they're gluten free, dairy free. He's out with a friend and I'm playing with some modeling clay. And being that we don't have kids we can do things together whenever we'd like.

Todah

Is the whole point of this day to emphasize that I am a lonely bitter old man, who can't keep a woman? That's what it feels like . :)

Actually now that I think about it, I am happy for all of you who have a person to whom you can show love to, in a special way, on this solitary day, because there are 364 days on the calendar that are not Valentine's day, and are made for the rest of us, lonely, estranged single folk. Enjoy your day

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife is my Valentine. We do not celebrate the specific US Valentine's day, remaining content knowing that each and every day is special for us, that we are one another's "Valentine" no matter what the day.

This is not to say that those who set aside the day are doing something to be questioned. This is just the way my wife and I have decided to do things.

So today we planned nothing special...other than the daily increase of our love for one another. I am a blessed man, having her in my life.

AMR

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
My first wife is my valentine, her birthday is Feb. 15th, so we combine the dates. Valentines day isn't a very big deal for us.

ragTagblues

Well I didn't do what I expected to do on valentines as generally I ignore it, even when I have reason to celebrate, but this year I got swept along and had a great night . . .

Now if I can only find some painkillers for this pounding head and find out where my shoes are . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.