ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was his coming in the clouds to destroy Jerusalem?

They saw the judgment upon Jerusalem.

"Coming in clouds" was synonymous with the wrath of God.

(Jer 4:13 KJV) Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.

(Nah 1:3 KJV) The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

(Zeph 1:15 KJV) That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Tribulation
2. Sign in heaven
3. Coming in the clouds

That's not what I said.

In addition to the destruction of 70AD, Josephus also described a sword-shaped star above the Temple, a strange light around the altar, a cow that gave birth to a lamb at the Temple, the bronze gate of the eastern Temple court that opened by itself, chariots in the sky, a voice in the Temple's inner court, and many other things.

The Jewish Talmud even speaks of strange events that took place from 30AD - 70AD.

But you would rather put your fingers in your ears, and cover your eyes, then learn something that contradicts your Dispensationalism.

Like you have said before, you're only interested in "winning".

SaulToPaul 2

That's not what I said.

In addition to the destruction of 70AD, Josephus also described a sword-shaped star above the Temple, a strange light around the altar, a cow that gave birth to a lamb at the Temple, the bronze gate of the eastern Temple court that opened by itself, chariots in the sky, a voice in the Temple's inner court, and many other things.

The Jewish Talmud even speaks of strange events that took place from 30AD - 70AD.

But you would rather put your fingers in your ears, and cover your eyes, then learn something that contradicts your Dispensationalism.

Like you have said before, you're only interested in "winning".

Rev 20 says his coming in clouds is after the destruction, and after the sign appears in heaven.
Your theory does not match.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's correct.

Until you Dispies acknowledge that Dispensationalism didn't exist before John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830, then YES, you are all in denial.

Relevance, of when/how, veracity is discovered, as you've been asked for 3 years, punk.

2.Until you AD 70-ism/Preterists cult members acknowledge that your "man made" "invention/"theory, did didn't exist before J,. Stuart Russell, invented it in the mid 1800's, then you are all in denial.

3.Until you acknowledge that your "man made" "invention/"theory," that you "teach" on TOl, didn't exist before you "taught" it on TOL, as you invented it, therefore, it is false, you are denial.

He won't touch this post, as usual, as I've again shut this little arms, no chin/spine fraud, up-again

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't think you get it.

In fact, I think you are more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles. :chuckle:

Go back and read Isaiah 19:1. Did the Lord literally ride a "cloud" into Egypt?
He "resurrects" that cutie little saying.

You little babie, clown-even you know it, little arms one.

Oh, yes-you deny the resurrection, redemption of the body,perverter.

An atheist, to Tellalie:

Go back, and read Genesis. Did this God of yours literally create the heaven and earth, and in 6 days? And go back and read the bible. Did this God of yours, literally raise the dead?

Craigie: Well, uh, urr......

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Scripture:

1. Tribulation
2. Sign
3. Coming in clouds

Tet:

1. Trib/coming in clouds
2. Sign in heaven

STP-pays attention to details, by studying, surveying the book, a book of details.

Vs.

Craigie Tellalie- Does not, spams "Darby....You're in denial...Figurative...You really think ( ) is literal?...Quotes Josephus/Russell/Gentry/Hanegraaf.....................

Contrasts, as contrasting as saved/lost, heaven/hell......

musterion

STP-pays attention to details, by studying, surveying the book, a book of details.

Vs.

Craigie Tellalie- Does not, spams "Darby....You're in denial...Figurative...You really think ( ) is literal?...Quotes Josephus/Russell/Gentry/Hanegraaf.....................

Contrasts, as contrasting as saved/lost, heaven/hell......

There you go again with your argumentum ad hoc, argumentum pro bono and argumentum tempus fugit.

Repent of your narrow, contextual, Bible-idolizing denial. Renounce Darby and all his works and ways. Confess the gospel of your choice and on behalf of blessed St. Alcazar, Pope Russell and Cardinal Hanegraf, in the sight of the most holy Unca Joe, I will absolve you of your dispie deviltry.

Come home to Ro-- just come home already.

john w

Hall of Fame
There you go again with your argumentum ad hoc, argumentum pro bono and argumentum tempus fugit.

Repent of your narrow, contextual, Bible-idolizing denial. Renounce Darby and all his works and ways. Confess the gospel of your choice and on behalf of blessed St. Alcazar, Pope Russell and Cardinal Hanegraf, in the sight of the most holy Unca Joe, I will absolve you of your dispie deviltry.

Come home to Ro-- just come home already.
There you go, because of you being embarrassed, not to be able to answer any of Tellalie's questions, and dodge his Darby darts, as you suffer yet fatal death blow, after fatal death blow, from following the "recent" "inventions," of "fallable men," with more non sequitur petitio principii, post hoc ergo propter hoc, red herrings, engaging in slippery slope-ism, and straw man arguments, tu quoque, and "personally" attacking me, you big dummie, and insulting me, with "character assasinations," you "cancerous" dispie!!! You are in denial.

musterion

There you go, because of you being embarrassed, not to be able to answer any of Tellalie's questions, and dodge his Darby darts, as you suffer yet fatal death blow, after fatal death blow, from following the "recent" "inventions," of "fallable men," with more non sequitur petitio principii, post hoc ergo propter hoc, red herrings, engaging in slippery slope-ism, and straw man arguments, tu quoque, and "personally" attacking me, you big dummie, and insulting me, with "character assasinations," you "cancerous" dispie!!! You are in denial.

I choose to take everything you post as allegory, figurative, poetic and/or already fulfilled and, thereby, dismiss it without comment, you Bullinger sniffing schismatic of recent origin. Repent of your doctrinal flatulence or I shall Darby you a second time.

john w

Hall of Fame
I choose to take everything you post as allegory, figurative, poetic and/or already fulfilled and, thereby, dismiss it without comment, you Bullinger sniffing schismatic of recent origin. Repent of your doctrinal flatulence or I shall Darby you a second time.

Er, no, as once more we see, that you have not read further, being Darbied again, and Exhibit Z... and have been brainwashed, AKA, Propaganda, "Radicalization," into The Bandwagon Fallacy, AKA, Argumentum ad Populum, mixed with Begging the Question, AKA,Circulus in Probando, spiced with Equivocation, and Obscurantism.

Why are you so embarrassed, to admit that there is at least one figurative reference in the bible, you "One Figurative Reference" theorist? You are in denial.