Christ name is

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Au contraire

John 14:6 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

John 1:14 KJV - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I refer to 'truth' and the REALITY that includes all, that is all :)

My commentary holds, even if 'God' is revealed in a particular religious text, or speaks thru an avatar, prophet or manifestation of himself within any given religious tradition or epochal revelation. Any personality can while in rapport with divinity, claim to be 'one with God', therefore to heed or follow that soul while in rapport with God and speaking his words, would put any disciple of that servant in communion with the same 'God'. That servant of 'God' representing 'God', would be 'God' to those accepting his service.

But the same 'God' is the one universal 'Deity' that is the Heart and source-inspiration of all given revelations, in all traditions or schools of wisdom, that have indeed been inspired by the One Omnipresent Spirit. 'God' is always forever the one universal absolute REALITY.

What you would have to 'assume' and 'claim' is that the INFINITE ONE has only chosen one vessel, personality, instrument, form or 'name' to expresss himself thru. I dont see it that way, since I cannot limit the INFINITE in such a way, even if my personal belief or preference for one of his 'forms' or 'names' suits my fancy for the time being. My view, opinion, belief of 'God' or some preferred 'version' of him or her could change at any moment, provided those conditions present themselves and I choose the form I deem most appealing. OR, I could dismiss all belief or assumptions of 'God' in toto. - which would actually leave with me with no-thing, the total abandomment of any ideas, beliefs, assumptions or concepts about 'God'. All that would be left is reality itself, being what it IS :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
There is only one Father. If one is "in Meshiah", (the Logos, the Son), then he or she has the same Father as does Meshiah. Thus, if one has the Son, then his or her Father is the same Father as the Father of the Son, and the Father is the only true Elohim, just as the Master says in John 17:3. So my heavenly Father is the only true Elohim and His Son is my only Elohim-Judge: for the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto the Son, (and the Logos is the Son). Howbeit the Logos of Elohim has a name written that no one without him knows: the name is abbreviated in all of the oldest texts, I say it is not "Jesus", neither is it "Yeshua", nor is it "Yahshua", nor "Yahushua", nor any other such guesses, but to each his or her own I suppose. :)

Acknowledged, that such holds within the relational context assumed :)

But we are still left with only an indication that a special name is revealed or will come to be known by the recipient. As we've covered so far,....while Yeshua, Yahshua or Yehosha, or some other variation of 'Joshua' might be fine as representing Yahweh's salvation or the saving agency,....people swear that by using the name 'Jesus' because it is so well known, that demons obey and flee'. So there may be something to a name that is 'assumed' and used for a person, that if assumed may be just as well, if not exactly his original name or pronounciation :) - as it goes,...a rose by any name is just the same,...only the names vary.

CherubRam

In all of this however, it may not be the precise spelling or prononciation of a 'name' that 'God' is concerned about, but that one knows, honors and values his 'character, nature, reality',...which is the IDentification of 'God', his PRESENCE.

As we've seen so far in our discussion,......a 'Y' form of the tetragrammaton is more correct than a 'J', but all else is but grammatical confusions and a matter of various rules of configuration. All language is but symbolic. God's name is his very nature, identity, being, character....and this is what the divine name points to. This is what is of greatest import, value and significance.

'God' himself is above all denomination, beyond words, beyond even knowledge. God just IS. Infinity. But still, God is nothing that we can call him, or designate him in words, symbols or forms,...being incorporeal and formless in essence. He or She may assume many different forms or personalities, and 'God' does that....which includes us all, as the play of his Creation. That is all that is going on....'God' and God's Creation. Consciousness....and all its forms inter-acting.

I am not one who believes that the truth is to mysterious for anyone to know.

CherubRam

Au contraire

John 14:6 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

John 1:14 KJV - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

"I Am" is a cult thingy. The term "I Am" exist in the English language, but not in Hebrew or Greek.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I AM - yes....I know this, as my own self-existence........

I AM - yes....I know this, as my own self-existence........

"I Am" is a cult thingy. The term "I Am" exist in the English language, but not in Hebrew or Greek.

The 'I AM Activity' movement is a wonderful school, and from it continues a stream of ascended master teachings :) - the focus of their teaching is the 'presence' of God in each soul, which is also called the 'I AM' Presence. - I enjoy some of these streams and discoursed on them in my older 'The Mighty I Am Presence' thread.

'I Am' is a statement of 'self-existence' or 'cognition of being', so its a 'word' that applies to the 'living presence' in 'man' as well as 'God',...since man is an individualized expression of God, or 'Self-existence'. We can expound on the existential and creative aspect of the I AM Presence,..since no matter what we assume, we are ever the offspring the Universal Father, and can like 'God', recognize the 'God' within, and the 'God' without. 'God' in reality is the source-essence and origin of our own ID-entity. The very worship of 'God' and the revelation of his reality, is likewise...the revelation of our own, which is wholly Self-cognizant, Self-existing, Self-fulfilling.

Jesus furthermore never claimed to be YHWH (Ehyeh) as we contested on other threads, as the Son of God/Son of Man is ever the 'son' of, and remains an offspring from a Father, and is never therefore that Father himself, but his progeny. Only 'God' is 'God', no matter how one slices or dices the divinity,...all else is but word-play and salad dressing. 'God' alone is the true essence, identity and reality of BEING, the origin and context of all existence. - all else is derived, or a 'form' thereof.

As far as Jesus real name goes, who knows?,...and really only 1/3 of the human population on this globe cares enough to claim to even be 'Christian' (according to polls). What matters is that this 'Yahshua' or 'Yeshua' figure is somehow God's salvation, or the AGENT of God's salvation. Just how this 'Christ-figure' saves is up for grabs, beyond the usual motifs and redemption models entertained, and at last anyways, for gnostics and mystery-religion enthusiasts (many who would protest at such a thing),...its all about having this 'living Christ' which is a 'life-giving spirit' IN YOU, since thats the mystery Paul lays claim to included as an essential part of HIS gospel. - but you can 'spin' it as you wish. but it remains...."the letter kills, the SPIRIT gives life".

Per a previous commentary,...there is an aspect of 'God' that is totally beyond 'name', because it is beyond knowing
. Such is the 'unknown God'. Such 'agnosis' may astound some, who deem knowing 'God' to be most fundamental, but perhaps a 'divine ignorance' in this context, is the real bliss that affords some solace, since we've abandoned our desire or insistence that an infinite Deity is totally knowable. From a finite view, this is impossible besides impractical.

That we know God's salvation, his anointed messengers, his anointing of truth itself, which is a 'spirit-anointing' upon the heart and soul-body, is enough, no matter what stringency of 'terms' are placed upon the 'acquiring' thereof. Reality itself may be something totally foreign to our preconceptions and assumptions, and thats the real sword-point, that may pop our sacred balloons. I can hear the fireworks now.

Zeke

I refer to the Absolute reality or Source of all that is, which is INFINITE in nature. This 'God' could assume many different names or forms. How would you even know if your 'version', 'image' or 'personification' of 'God' is the only one? It could be just as we posit, that all are just variations, personal forms, characterizations of the Universal One anyways ;)

In this case 'Judaism' or 'Christianity' has no monopoly on 'God' or 'truth' for that matter.

The ole thinking the letter can save them trick. The worlds a stage full of sinners/personas living on thoughts of good and evil they have been programmed to except as reality when the absolute ONE in them knows no sin, a substance of infinite names and forms so this is all mortal type thinking there is two powers when that's a delusion.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More light......

More light......

The ole thinking the letter can save them trick.

:thumb:

Good point of reminding within this context,....since the 'letter' itself apart from spirit comprehension and contextual understanding/application cannot communicate life. Paul in his gospel only claims his own 'spiritual experience', 'revelation' and 'allegorical interpretation' of scripture as 'his gospel'. We would grant his claim to exclusivity extreme, but for his agreement on certain universal truths and principles, recognizing that 'spiritual things are spiritually discerned'. Only the Spirit of God, is the breath, inspiration, consciousness of the Almighty.

The worlds a stage full of sinners/personas living on thoughts of good and evil they have been programmed to except as reality when the absolute ONE in them knows no sin, a substance of infinite names and forms so this is all mortal type thinking there is two powers when that's a delusion.

Yes,.....Deity includes ALL names and forms :) - being formless itself, as well as form-full. 'God' is both named, and beyond name....no-thing and every-thing.

The sentiment of the spirit is ever the call of heart & soul to the center, the Heart REALITY. Hence, those who call upon the very 'name' (meaning 'nature', 'being', 'reality', 'identity') of GOD....shall be saved, because that which is absolute is already whole, already 'echad', already and always DIVINE. - the merging of the soul into the divinity, the Heart itself, is salvation. All illumined religions recognize and have the practice of 'japa',...the calling upon or repeating of the name(s) of God. Prayer, mantra, affirmations along these lines bring the attention upon the Spirit, the LIFE. - "for to be spiritually minded is life and peace". - these are universal propositions and truths, basic metaphysics :)

Zeke

:thumb:

Good point of reminding within this context,....since the 'letter' itself apart from spirit comprehension and contextual understanding/application cannot communicate life. Paul in his gospel only claims his own 'spiritual experience', 'revelation' and 'allegorical interpretation' of scripture as 'his gospel'. We would grant his claim to exclusivity extreme, but for his agreement on certain universal truths and principles, recognizing that 'spiritual things are spiritually discerned'. Only the Spirit of God, is the breath, inspiration, consciousness of the Almighty.

Yes,.....Deity includes ALL names and forms :) - being formless itself, as well as form-full. 'God' is both named, and beyond name....no-thing and every-thing.

The sentiment of the spirit is ever the call of heart & soul to the center, the Heart REALITY. Hence, those who call upon the very 'name' (meaning 'nature', 'being', 'reality', 'identity') of GOD....shall be saved, because that which is absolute is already whole, already 'echad', already and always DIVINE. - the merging of the soul into the divinity, the Heart itself, is salvation. All illumined religions recognize and have the practice of 'japa',...the calling upon or repeating of the name(s) of God. Prayer, mantra, affirmations along these lines bring the attention upon the Spirit, the LIFE. - "for to be spiritually minded is life and peace". - these are universal propositions and truths, basic metaphysics :)

The good and evil storm keeps their Christ asleep while their giving life to the drama of dualistic mind poison, even the best of them can't grasp that John 17:5 should be their request, but being locked in mortality/ times delusion from the so called beginning of Life, a hypnosis /divine amnesia giving letters/figurines/NAMES power over them like a spell, they tremble at such blaspheme they were warned about from MT Sinai because they still answer to the jerusalem that is now Matt 11:11, with all their dogmas/names barking at each other about the need to be salvaged when the allegory tells them it already happened before the foundation of their dualistic world repeating it self in times dream Eccl 1:4, John 18:36, Eph 5:14.

CherubRam

Personally I like being called by my proper name. I may even be inclined not to answer a person if they do not use my correct name. Using a persons correct name shows respect.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Personally I like being called by my proper name. I may even be inclined not to answer a person if they do not use my correct name. Using a persons correct name shows respect.

Adding to our former dialogue,

In Jesus case,...we have almost 2 millenia of him being called by another name. I think 'God' knows who people are referring to, and still...if the Christian gospel means anything,...millions are presumably being "saved" by the name of 'Jesus'. Beyond our former points and diving deeper into God's name, I dont know what else to share here, except whatever comes to mind. Also, if Jesus is just a myth, I dont that think that mythological character cares either.

Historical evidence for the Jesus personality in the gospels?

CherubRam

Adding to our former dialogue,

In Jesus case,...we have almost 2 millenia of him being called by another name. I think 'God' knows who people are referring to, and still...if the Christian gospel means anything,...millions are presumably being "saved" by the name of 'Jesus'. Beyond our former points and diving deeper into God's name, I dont know what else to share here, except whatever comes to mind. Also, if Jesus is just a myth, I dont that think that mythological character cares either.

Historical evidence for the Jesus personality in the gospels?

The name Jesus is derogatory, that is why I do not like to use it.

CherubRam

How is "Jesus" derogatory?

Yahshua worked to fulfill prophecy by establishing God's Holy Name in the New Testament. But Trinitarian Christians burned the originals to establish their own version of scriptures.

The Hebrew spelling Y(ah)shua (ישוע) appears in some later books of the Hebrew Bible. The vowel "a" between the yod and shin is pronounced "ah." Modern Hebrew has that vowel as "e." It is an established fact that ( ישוע ) is a theophoric name. Ya is the short form for Yah. That is the reason for the English spelling Yahshua, adding the two letters a and h, to pronounce as it was in Christ day.

Yah / shua
Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England invented it!
His name in English is Yahshua. What you have is Greek forms of the name with a modern Hebrew twist. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD.

In regards to various stages of Hebrew, the vowel change came after the second century AD. The vowel e was officially adopted by the Masoretes in the sixth century AD.

A good question to be asked is why does the word “Jesus” have an “s” on the end anyway.

The name Jesus is derived from y'shu, the letter s added at the end of (Jesu-s) is only a male gender designation in Greek. The "Je" in Greek is for the letter Y in Hebrew.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

If this is not true, then show me God's actual personal name in the New Testament.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Proceedings: Volume 4 Aḳademyah ha-leʼumit ha-Yiśreʼelit le-madaʻim - 1969 "Perhaps the most significant of these is the passage where instead of the printed 'that certain man' we find 'Jesus the Nazarene — may his name be obliterated' (thus also in a Genizah MS, British Museum, Or. 91842). "

Michael H. Cohen A Friend of All Faiths - Page 42 - 2004 "In Hebrew school, one of my teachers had explained that Yeshu (Hebrew for Jesus), rather than meaning "Saviour," in fact was an acronym that stood for yimach shemo ve-zichrono: "may his name and memory be erased "

The name Jesus is derived from y'shu, the letter s added at the end of (Jesu-s) is only a male gender designation in Greek. The "Je" in Greek is for the letter Y in Hebrew.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yahshua worked to fulfill prophecy by establishing God's Holy Name in the New Testament. But Trinitarian Christians burned the originals to establish their own version of scriptures.

See, now, I don't quite get why people keep making these sort of claims, and they, for the most part, never provide any evidence for such claims, they're always "just so" arguments.

The Hebrew spelling Y(ah)shua (ישוע) appears in some later books of the Hebrew Bible. The vowel "a" between the yod and shin is pronounced "ah." Modern Hebrew has that vowel as "e." It is an established fact that ( ישוע ) is a theophoric name. Ya is the short form for Yah. That is the reason for the English spelling Yahshua, adding the two letters a and h, to pronounce as it was in Christ day.

Yah / shua
Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,
when Sir William Tyndale a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England invented it!
His name in English is Yahshua. What you have is Greek forms of the name with a modern Hebrew twist. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD.

In regards to various stages of Hebrew, the vowel change came after the second century AD. The vowel e was officially adopted by the Masoretes in the sixth century AD.

A good question to be asked is why does the word “Jesus” have an “s” on the end anyway.

Except for the fact that Koine Greek does not have a letter "J". It has the letter ι (capital Ι). ’Ιησοῦ (English: IESOU) was used.

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

If this is not true, then show me God's actual personal name in the New Testament.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Proceedings: Volume 4 Aḳademyah ha-leʼumit ha-Yiśreʼelit le-madaʻim - 1969 "Perhaps the most significant of these is the passage where instead of the printed 'that certain man' we find 'Jesus the Nazarene — may his name be obliterated' (thus also in a Genizah MS, British Museum, Or. 91842). "

Michael H. Cohen A Friend of All Faiths - Page 42 - 2004 "In Hebrew school, one of my teachers had explained that Yeshu (Hebrew for Jesus), rather than meaning "Saviour," in fact was an acronym that stood for yimach shemo ve-zichrono: "may his name and memory be erased "

Except "Jesus" is just "’Ιησοῦ" (iesou), which is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name "Yehoshua" (יְהוֹשׁ֫וּעַ), or Joshua (I would know a little bit about the name "Joshua" because that's my name).

"Joshua" means "The LORD is Salvation," which, if you think about it, is rather appropriate for the one who came to save all mankind.

CherubRam

What is the name of God's son?
Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Yahshua is Yahwah’s son.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Yah / shua

By the way, you haven't really explained to me why "Jesus" is derogatory, other than to give a bit of History about the name.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]I come in the name of Yahwah.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 118:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 23:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 13:35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is the name of God's son?
Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Yahshua is Yahwah’s son.
And Jesus comes from IESOUS (or IESOU), which is a transliteration of the Hebrew "Yehoshua", or "Joshua".

So why is it derogatory to use "Jesus"? It's literally the same word, just in a different language.