X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Raven
    replied
    1. Matthew 3:16
    “After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him.”

2. Matthew 12:28
    “But if I [Jesus] cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

3. Matthew 28:19
    “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit . . .”

4. Luke 3:22
    “And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him [Jesus] in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My [the Father’s] beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

5. John 14:26
    “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

6. John 15:26
    “When the Helper comes, whom I [Jesus] will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me . . .”

7. Acts 1:4
    “Gathering them together, He [Jesus] commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me . . .”

8. Acts 2:33
    “Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He [Jesus] has poured forth this which you both see and hear.”

9. Acts 10:38
    “You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”

10. Romans 1:4
    “Who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord . . .”

11. Romans 8:9
    “However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.”

12. 1 Corinthians 6:11
    Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

13. 2 Corinthians 13:14
    The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

14. Galatians 4:6
    Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

15. Ephesians 1:17
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.

16. Ephesians 2:18
    For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

17. Ephesians 2:22
    In whom [Jesus] you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

18. Titus 3:6
    Whom [the Holy Spirit] He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.

19. Hebrews 9:14
    How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

20. 1 Peter 1:2
    According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: may grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Raven
    replied
    Originally posted by rstrats View Post
    Bright Raven,

Any particular reason for quoting my post to JudgeRightly and then commenting on a different issue?
    My Bad. I missed that you had created the post that addressed Judge Rightly.

Leave a comment:

• rstrats
    replied
    Bright Raven,

Any particular reason for quoting my post to JudgeRightly and then commenting on a different issue?

Leave a comment:

• Bright Raven
    replied
    JudgeRightly,
    re: "What verse?"

In each of his epistle's salutations.
    Colossians 1:15-20 King James Version (KJV)
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Leave a comment:

• rstrats
    replied
    JudgeRightly,
    re: "What verse?"

In each of his epistle's salutations.

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied
    Do all of you trinity advocate folks agree with Apple7 that Paul's use of the phrase " Grace to you, and Peace, from God" in his salutations is referring to a person normally referred to as the 'Holy Spirit'?
    What verse?

Leave a comment:

• rstrats
    replied
    Do all of you trinity advocate folks agree with Apple7 that Paul's use of the phrase " Grace to you, and Peace, from God" in his salutations is referring to a person normally referred to as the 'Holy Spirit'?

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
    So to reiterate: Is the Trinity biblical? Is it taught in the Bible? Where is it taught?
    Yes, Yes and throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Raven
    replied
    So to reiterate: Is the Trinity biblical? Is it taught in the Bible? Where is it taught?

Leave a comment:

• Bright Raven
    replied
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Since, by saying "who is Paul referring to...?" you ASSUME that Paul, by his phrase, "the god of this world", MUST be referring to some person, then, to WHOM would you say Jesus is referring by the phrase, "the God of the dead", in Matthew 22:32, Mark 12:27, and Luke 20:38?
    The god of this world is Satan
    2 Corinthians 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

got questions.org

The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age”) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satan’s capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the world—philosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

An example of one such false philosophy is the belief that man can earn God's favor by a certain act or acts. In almost every false religion, meriting God’s favor or earning eternal life is a predominant theme. Earning salvation by works, however, is contrary to biblical revelation. Man cannot work to earn God's favor; eternal life is a free gift (see Ephesians 2:8-9). And that free gift is available through Jesus Christ and Him alone (John 3:16; 14:6). You may ask why mankind does not simply receive the free gift of salvation (John 1:12). The answer is that Satan—the god of this world—has tempted mankind to follow his pride instead. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived. It is no wonder that Scripture calls Satan a liar (John 8:44).

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    Originally posted by NWL View Post
    who is 2 Cor 4:4 referring to if not Satan

Where have I assumed? I'm literally asking you what YOU believe and your accusing me of assuming, just answer the question.

Again, who is Paul referring to in 2 Cor 4:4 when stating "ho theos" if not Satan?
    Since, by saying "who is Paul referring to...?" you ASSUME that Paul, by his phrase, "the god of this world", MUST be referring to some person, then, to WHOM would you say Jesus is referring by the phrase, "the God of the dead", in Matthew 22:32, Mark 12:27, and Luke 20:38?

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    I asked you:

Which of the following two mutually-contradictory propositions is the true one, and which is the false one?
    1. The referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is a HOLY Spirit.
    2. The referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is an UNHOLY Spirit.

Which proposition is the TRUE one? 1 or 2?
    Which proposition is the FALSE one? 1 or 2?
    Here is how you reacted to my question:

Neither of your answers are correct.
    Here, you, once again, show yourself to be an abject fool who despises logic. You can war against the law of the excluded middle all you want, but you will only be further showing your stupidity.

EITHER the referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is holy, OR the referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is unholy. There's no ducking that fact. Since Jesus, in John 4:24, states that the referent of the word 'God' is a Spirit, the question is unavoidable: IS that Spirit--which John tells us God is--HOLY, or NOT?

I affirm that that Spirit IS HOLY; why do you refuse to do so?

Saying "Neither of your answers are correct" is nothing but YOU STONEWALLING, as usual. And, of course, you stonewall, here, because you are desperately loath to NOT affirm that the Spirit that Jesus says YHWH is is HOLY.

Also, you not once showed me verses that expresses the HS is YHWH, where in the said verses did it express to the HS as being YHWH, please show me.
    Here, you not only deny that the referent of the word 'God', in John 4:24, is HOLY, but you are denying that the referent of the word 'God', in John 4:24, is YHWH!

Also, your argument of semantics of using John 4:24 is extremely deceitful and destroys the context of John.
    In a dispute about the MEANING of something, only really, really stupid people try to use the term "semantics" in a pejorative way against their opponents, like you are doing, here. See, semantics is ALL ABOUT MEANING! Since it is customary for YOU, as a matter of course, throughout all of your posts, to pile up all manner of meaningless nonsense, gibberish, gobbledygook, and mumbo-jumbo, why, OBVIOUSLY you are going to be sore about those who come along and embarrass you by asking you what (if anything) you mean! That's what semantics is: trying to find out the MEANINGS of things. Now, since you clearly specialize in writing meaningless tripe, while hoping that people will be bamboozled into thinking that the meaningless tripe you write is really meaningful, OF COURSE you are going to get hot under the collar when I ask you what (if anything) you mean. You're trying to hide the fact that you have NO HOPE of giving a rational account about the things you write.

As we can see by the context the Father is the one who is being spoken of, he is the God mentioned in John 4:24. Thus, when you say is the 'God' in John 4:42 a Holy spirit or Un-holy spirit you ignore that it is the Father being spoken of as the God in v24.
    Do you not think that, in John 4:24, Jesus is talking about YHWH? And, what does Jesus say about YHWH? He says that YHWH is a Spirit. So, again, the question is: Is YHWH, about Whom Jesus is saying "God is a Spirit", HOLY? Yes or No? If YHWH is a Spirit, and if YHWH is Holy, then YHWH is a Holy Spirit. But YOU deny that YHWH is a Holy Spirit! Astounding.

The "spirit" mentioned in John 4:24 is speaking about bodily composition
    Did your Watchtower Society programmers/handlers teach you that? It's nowhere in the Holy Bible, of course. Perhaps you got it from your New World "Translation", your non-Bible.

The verse is saying "God is a Spirit" not "God is the Holy spirit", hence why many translations have the wording "God is a spirit" in John 4:24.
    You agree that God is a Spirit, and you BLASPHEME God by denying that God is a HOLY Spirit. To DENY that God is a HOLY Spirit, while AFFIRMING that God is a Spirit, is to AFFIRM that God is an UNHOLY Spirit. That's what you are doing: you are claiming that God is an UNHOLY Spirit.

Angels are called "spirits" (Hebrews 1:7) "he [God] says about the angels: “He makes his angels spirits", since they are Holy does this make them holy spirits?
    You really have to ask that question? YES! OF COURSE that makes them holy spirits! Anything that is both a spirit and holy is a holy spirit. Seriously, do you disagree?

Your entire argument of semantics where you try and force the word "holy" onto the word Spirit in John 4:24 is poor.
    Here, again, you are DENYING that YHWH is HOLY.

Romans 8:11 proves nothing in regards to what you said, where does the verse express that the Spirit was YHWH?
    Where it says "the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead". Where else? Do you deny that YHWH is "him that raised up Jesus from the dead"? As we saw in John 4:24, YHWH is a Spirit. What OTHER Spirit would Paul be talking about if not the Spirit that YHWH is?

And show me a verse that states YHWH is NOT a Giant Spaghetti monster!?
    I do not know to what (if anything) you are referring by the phrase "a Giant Spaghetti monster". Are you referring to something by it? If so, to what?

Now, try answering the question I asked you:

SINCE the referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is--according to John 4:24--A SPIRIT, consider the two propositions:
    1. The referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is a HOLY Spirit.
    2. The referent of the word 'God' in John 4:24 is an UNHOLY Spirit.

Which proposition is the TRUE one? 1 or 2?
    Which proposition is the FALSE one? 1 or 2?

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    who is 2 Cor 4:4 referring to if not Satan

Where have I assumed? I'm literally asking you what YOU believe and your accusing me of assuming, just answer the question.

Again, who is Paul referring to in 2 Cor 4:4 when stating "ho theos" if not Satan?
    Right there, once again, in saying "who is Paul referring to...?", you are ASSUMING that Paul is referring to a PERSON. Are you seriously THAT STUPID? So stupid that you cannot see that, in asking "WHO?", you are ASSUMING that Paul is referring to a PERSON? Unbelievable! Unlike you, I don't assume that, by his phrase, "the god of this world", Paul is referring to a PERSON.

I assume nothing.
    Says EVERY irrationalist fool, and enemy of logic. On the contrary, you JUST NOW assumed that you assume nothing. Of course, it's in the interest of your programmers/handlers at the Watchtower Society to have you imagining that you are, somehow, NEUTRAL in your controversy.
    Last edited by 7djengo7; February 25, 2019, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apple7
    replied
    Jesus.

Same as he does in his other writings.

Simple.

Leave a comment:

• NWL
    replied
    Originally posted by NWL
    Since Angels are referred to as God/gods, demons are referred to as Gods/gods (Exodus 12:12)
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    What Hebrew word, in Exodus 12:12, is rendered "Angels", in your New World Translation?
    You speak and ask a question about the NWT as if the answer somehow proves you right? The NWT states translates the Hebrew word "mê’ĕlōhîm" as "godlike ones".

What do you think the word mê’ĕlōhîm; should be translated as in Psalms 8:5?

Originally posted by 7djengo7
    What Hebrew word, in Exodus 12:12, is rendered "demons", in your New World Translation?
    It does not explicitly state "demons" in Exodus 12:12, but that is who the gods were in Egypt. Who do you think the "gods" were that YHWH was going to bring judgement against? Bear in mind the magic practicing priest who turned water into blood, and rods into snakes worshiped the Egyptian gods, where do you think the magic practicing priest who had these supernatural powers got their powers from?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X