The Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous God of Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
What one believes their God to be is usually reflected in ones life.

Example, Muslims believe that Allah is a waring God, "Kill the infidels". So this is reflected in many of their lives.

If you believe that God saves some people and then for no reason damns the rest to hell, then you have an unjust, unmerciful God. This is what Calvinist want us to believe. There is a serious problem with believing that God would do such a thing as this.

1. The Bible does not teach that this is the nature and character of God. The Bible teaches that God is just and merciful to all of humanity. There is not one scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. "God so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son" is a true picture of the character and nature of God. God gives. He does not damn.

2. Salvation always has been by faith. "Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness" Romans 4:3. What this scripture is really saying is that Abraham had confidence and believed in God's promise that he would provide him with a savior. He trusted God. How in the world can you trust in the God of Calvinism who damns people to hell for no reason. Answer, you can't.

HOW THE GOSPEL REFUTES CALVINISM

The Gospel refutes the doctrine of Calvinism and predestinationism. In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world as the savior of all of humanity, John 12:47. His mission is to provide salvation for all of humanity, not some of humanity, 1 John 2:2. This is why the scripture says.. "God so loves the world". God loves his creation and especially the crown of his creation, humanity. Does it not make sense that if God loves the world that he would provide salvation for the whole world?

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles humanity and the whole world unto God by his doing and his dying, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No one is damned to hell. They are reconciled to God, even sinners and evil doers, Colossians 1:21, are reconciled to God. God now sees all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is how God has made salvation available to all. However, THIS SALVATION AND RECONCILIATION IS NOT YOURS IF YOU DON"T RECEIVE IT. God imposes salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to ask Christ to save you, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Truster

Never in the face of spiritual conflict has anyone taken spiritual truth and twisted them out of all recognition. ( My apologies to Winston Churchill )

Pate you should read Lamentations.

Robert Pate

Banned
Never in the face of spiritual conflict has anyone taken spiritual truth and twisted them out of all recognition. ( My apologies to Winston Churchill )

Pate you should read Lamentations.

You should read the book of Psalms.

God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does and I will stake my eternal soul on that.

Truster

You should read the book of Psalms.

God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does and I will stake my eternal soul on that.

I won't take your stake, because gambling is sinful.

You seem to be avoiding the fact He is Holy. That He hates sin and sinners and visits them in His wrath or His grace. That He has prepared vessels of dishonour as well as honour. That there are goats as well as lambs.

Robert Pate

Banned
I won't take your stake, because gambling is sinful.

You seem to be avoiding the fact He is Holy. That He hates sin and sinners and visits them in His wrath or His grace. That He has prepared vessels of dishonour as well as honour. That there are goats as well as lambs.

Jesus said..."They that be whole do not need a physican, but they that are sick, but go learn what that means, I will have mercy and not sacrafice: For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" Matthew 9:12, 13.

Doesn't sound to me like he hates sinners.

Paul wrote, "For when we were without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet preadventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US" Romans 5:6-8.

Truster

Jesus said..."They that be whole do not need a physican, but they that are sick, but go learn what that means, I will have mercy and not sacrafice: For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" Matthew 9:12, 13.

Doesn't sound to me like he hates sinners.

Paul wrote, "For when we were without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet preadventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US" Romans 5:6-8.

The last word in that verse is ''US'' to discover who the ''US'' are go to Romans 1:7

Robert Pate

Banned
Try reading the verse as it is written. Those called to be saints are by nature repentant sinners.

WHOSOEVER, means all, anyone, everyone.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Salvation has been made availble to all that want to be saved.

We are all called to be saints.

beloved57

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Promoting the false gospel of salvation by works, by what a person does, which denies salvation by what Christ did alone !

Truster

The whomsoever in verse 13 means Jew or Greek (Gentile) from Romans 10:12 KJV

When Messiah used the term whosoever when speaking to Nicodemus He was stating that the new birth was not the sole reserve of Yisra El, but that the gentiles would also benefit.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And exactly how is the "God of Calvinism" unjust?

It's called Original Sin.

A sin without volition is a slap at morality and an insolent contradiction in terms: that which is outside the possibility of choice is outside the province of morality. If man is evil by birth, he has no will, no power to change it; if he has no will, he can be neither good nor evil; a robot is amoral. To hold, as man’s sin, a fact not open to his choice is a mockery of morality. To hold man’s nature as his sin is a mockery of nature. To punish him for a crime he committed before he was born is a mockery of justice. To hold him guilty in a matter where no innocence exists is a mockery of reason. To destroy morality, nature, justice and reason by means of a single concept is a feat of evil hardly to be matched.

musterion

And exactly how is the "God of Calvinism" unjust?

For damning for unbelief those He predestined to inescapably become nothing but hopeless unbelievers.

For being angry with these same for rejecting the blood of His Son, when He never spilled the Son's blood for them in the first place.

For promising to take flaming vengeance on those who will not love the Truth, when He purposed not to quicken them out of their dead inability so that they might possibly believe the Truth.

For telling the lost "Repent or perish" when He knew those He reprobated CAN'T repent and those He elected CAN'T perish.

Your philosophy's concept of "god" is not merely unjust, it's a lying, wicked, capricious, irrational and untrustworthy idol. It has far more in common with Allah than the God of the Bible and is wholly unfit for worship, much less calling it holy and just. The god of Calvinism does not exist.

Truster

It's called Original Sin.

A sin without volition is a slap at morality and an insolent contradiction in terms: that which is outside the possibility of choice is outside the province of morality. If man is evil by birth, he has no will, no power to change it; if he has no will, he can be neither good nor evil; a robot is amoral. To hold, as man’s sin, a fact not open to his choice is a mockery of morality. To hold man’s nature as his sin is a mockery of nature. To punish him for a crime he committed before he was born is a mockery of justice. To hold him guilty in a matter where no innocence exists is a mockery of reason. To destroy morality, nature, justice and reason by means of a single concept is a feat of evil hardly to be matched.

Your words are proof that you prefer evil and that is added to the sin you were born with...guilty.