Paid propagandists

ClimateSanity

What was lost and what is back? What else would you like to see back?

The ability to live without the weaponisation of various departments of the admininstrative state aimed at you for purposes of repression was lost.Blue collar jobs were lost to cheap foreign manufacturing. Rising wages that used to accompany rises in productivity were lost. The relatively large size of the middle class was lost. An abundance of entry level jobs was lost. The cohesiveness of what could be called a singular American culture was largely diminished. The ability of small companies that do not have e a deep lobbying presence in Washington to conduct business was lost due to excessive and strangling regulations. The access to cheap energy was lost.
The state of being energy independent as a nation was becoming more and more impossible due to draconian efforts to limit fossil fuels.

Trump has made some inroads into all of these areas.

glorydaz

Do you think rust belt blue collar workers are rubes or not?

Whoever reported this as racist misses my point more severely than I supposedly missed yours.

I got your point. But you also exposed your hatred of blue collar folks from Pennsylvania etc...
Bitter clingers

I didn't miss your point, but I guess it's too late for me to speak up. :(

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So? The Pony Express reached more peeps than ToL.....back in the day.:idunno:
If you yelled out of a window in the 70s you reached more people.

If you sent a letter to the editor and only the editor read it in the 80s you reached more people.

If you thought about something in 90s you reached more people.

Context. It's what's next. :plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So?
The Pony Express reached more peeps than ToL.....back in the day.:idunno:

i would hesitate to call the pony express an early form of "social media", but others might care to :idunno:

google said:
Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.

sounds like what folks do here at TOL