Trump Is A Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
    He heard it because of YOUR lack of judgment on something that fundamental.
    I don't believe you can make a strong case that trusting anyone to continue to act as you'd witnessed them act over a period of years indicates a lack of judgment.

There was no "fooling" involved.
    If I hadn't been I would never have hit play, the way I never will again for any video you post.

Except that I did not admit failure.
    You don't have to admit to being on fire. It's hard to miss. You did though, in a way, here:

I trusted you to be a better parent to your son.
    Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character. Man, that's a hard way to win a point.

I don't expect you to admit to anything. Which means you just might one of these days, I suppose.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

He heard it because of YOUR lack of judgment on something that fundamental.

There was no "fooling" involved.

Nope, but you did.

Correct.
      Dad did.
      Not Tambora.

I trusted you to be a better parent to your son.

Except that I did not admit failure.
      That's just more of your overblown sensitivities.

More overblown nonsense.
      That's just an excuse you use to make your bad parenting more palatable to you.

No fooling was involved, just your overactive imagination.
      Shame on you, Tam. You refuse to be persuaded by Town's pleadings.

Perhaps he's not as convincing as he wants everyone to believe.

After all, if he can't get you to take the blame for his failure to supervise his own child, he might look like a failure as well as a geek. So much at stake here....a man's pride, for crying out loud.

Comment

• OK. You are both miffed at each other, now it would be a good time to let it go.
        So, what?

believe it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
          I don't believe you can make a strong case that trusting anyone to continue to act as you'd witnessed them act over a period of years indicates a lack of judgment.

If I hadn't been I would never have hit play, the way I never will again for any video you post.

You don't have to admit to being on fire. It's hard to miss. You did though, in a way, here:

Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character. Man, that's a hard way to win a point.

I don't expect you to admit to anything. Which means you just might one of these days, I suppose.
          What will the Clown do when the lady in the supermarket says, "Where is the f'ing tomato sauce?"

Probably sue the store.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
            OK. You are both miffed at each other, now it would be a good time to let it go.
            Hiya, Kat. I was having a different conversation with PJ. Tam decided to weigh in with this:
            Originally posted by Tambora View Post

I hope your little son wasn't in the room.
            So let's not confuse this with two people looking for a fight. Apparently it's still weighing on her. I simply and steadfastly answered her.

What glory is up to I can't say. Probably egging her on, but who knows? Well, you do, probably, unless you also have her on ignore...which isn't the worst idea for anyone.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
              OK. You are both miffed at each other, now it would be a good time to let it go.
              Don't over-blow this into something it's not.
              Town does enough of that on his own.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
              They already know monsters exist.
              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Funny, considering I had posted videos with the f-bomb or other "bad" words in it long before this incident.
                And so have several others on your 'friends' list.
                A good parent would have paid attention and not just relied on assumption.

If I hadn't been I would never have hit play,
                You just cannot get past the fact that because YOU hit play, your child heard a bad word.
                And I feel pretty confident that your little boy has heard the word before because YOU didn't preview content before allowing it to be heard.
                When it comes to YOU playing videos that your child can hear, it is YOU that has proved to be a bad parent.
                No matter how hard you try (and you have tried really hard) to blame your child hearing the video on me, I'm not the parent that hit play for him to hear before reviewing content.
                That was YOU, all YOU.

the way I never will again for any video you post.
                Another over-reaction.
                All you need to do is what a good parent does ----- preview content before playing it where your child can hear it, no matter who posted it.
                Easy peasy. (Well, for a good parent it is.)

Meaning I shouldn't have trusted your character.
                Another over-reaction.
                You had complete control over whether your child heard the video or not, but failed with that control.

Man, that's a hard way to win a point.
                Oh, you think there is a point to win.

Liberals are hilarious!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                  What will the Clown do when the lady in the supermarket says, "Where is the f'ing tomato sauce?"

Probably sue the store.
                  With Town and his itchy 'play' finger as his parent, he gets to hear it at home.

Comment

Funny, considering I had posted videos with the f-bomb or other "bad" words in it long before this incident.
                    Really? That's disappointing. Not shocking at this point, but that's life for you.

And so have several others on your 'friends' list.
                    Yeah, your credibility is just about zero at this point, so...

A good parent would have paid attention and not just relied on assumption.
                    Nof offense, but you're just not someone I'd take any advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.

You just cannot get past the fact that because YOU hit play, your child heard a bad word.
                    I've never been unclear on the point. And, again, his head didn't explode. He knows, because I've taught him, that decent people don't use that word or if they do they apologize for it and try to keep from making that mistake again. He's a great kid.

And I feel pretty confident that your little boy has heard the word before because YOU didn't preview content before allowing it to be heard.
                    He'd heard it at school, but no, not at home.

When it comes to YOU playing videos that your child can hear, it is YOU that has proved to be a bad parent.
                    I don't think making an honest if naive mistake makes you a bad parent or I suspect there wouldn't be anyone who could claim to be a good one. Now if I didn't learn from the lesson you'd have a good point instead of one I'm about to put your eye out with.

Now if you choose, as you did, to put that sorriness into play (and apparently, according to you, you've done this repeatedly) it says something about your standards. I don't expect you to own it, but there it is.

Now I'll leave you and glory to keep chatting about me. There's really no point in trying to help you see anything. You're too filled with whatever it is that makes you comfortable with breaking faith around here. Good luck with that. You're joining glory on my ignore pile.

Pro-Life

Comment

Now I'll leave you and glory to keep chatting about me. There's really no point in trying to help you see anything. You're too filled with whatever it is that makes you comfortable with breaking faith around here. Good luck with that. You're joining glory on my ignore pile.
                      You made a mountain out of mole hill then and you're doing it now. You can't stand being proven wrong and shown to make bad parenting decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                        You made a mountain out of mole hill then and you're doing it now.
                        Everyone has their own standards. If you don't care about it I'm not going to try to change your mind.

You can't stand being proven wrong
                        No one likes to be proven wrong about a thing unless they find advantage in it. I hated seeing Tam be that way. I didn't care much for any number of positions she'd taken, but I actually thought she'd do what I do when I get something important wrong. What you do to some extent and now and again. She didn't.

You've apologized for less, publicly and privately to more than a few around here. It's one of the things I like about you. So I'll take your mole hill as more of an expression of your irritation with me than a change in your own principles.

and shown to make bad parenting decisions.
                        Decisions? Once upon a time I thought better of someone and did a thing I rarely do, which is bother with Youtube videos. A good lesson in it though.

Pro-Life

Comment

Once upon a time I thought better of someone and did a thing I rarely do, which is bother with Youtube videos. A good lesson in it though.
                          That's very convenient when the videos prove you wrong, I don't blame you. Ignoring informative, relevant, educational Youtube videos by refusing to watch them because of a butthurt moment you had is asinine.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            That's very convenient when the videos prove you wrong,
                            According to who, you? Well that's something.

I don't blame you.
                            All evidence to the contrary, PJ.

Ignoring informative, relevant, educational Youtube video
                            Don't forget Wikis! And cocktail napkins. I'm sure they're just full of...information. Else, if you can't find the information in better authority it's probably just some guy with a video camera and an attitude.

Also, that's a funny brick for you to heft.
                            Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            I understand polls and most are accurate, it's the Trump polls that lack credibility.
                            by refusing to watch them
                            You refuse to acknowledge empirical data and with less reason, regardless of authority.

because of a butthurt moment you had is asinine.
                            I'm just not going to roll in the dirt with you, PJ.
                            Last edited by Town Heretic; October 20th, 2017, 11:42 AM.

Pro-Life

Comment

Really?
                              Yep.

Yeah, your credibility is just about zero at this point, so...
                              Your credibility as a good parent is just about zero at this point, so ....

Nof offense, but you're just not someone I'd take any advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.
                              No offense, but your're just not someone I'd take any parenting advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.

I've never been unclear on the point.
                              It been very clear that the only one that was in control of what his child heard on the video was yours.
                              And you want to blame your lack of controlling the content your child hears on me.

And, again, his head didn't explode.
                              Duh.

He knows, because I've taught him, that decent people don't use that word or if they do they apologize for it and try to keep from making that mistake again. He's a great kid.
                              Does he know that parents should preview content before allowing their child to hear a video?

He'd heard it at school, but no, not at home.
                              He did hear it at home.
                              Why?
                              Because his parent failed to check the content before he hit the play button where the child could hear it.
                              It's your fault your child heard it, not mine.

I don't think making an honest if naive mistake makes you a bad parent
                              It wasn't a naive mistake that you chose to hit play, it was bad parenting.

or I suspect there wouldn't be anyone who could claim to be a good one.
                              You're getting close to the facts.
                              There might still be hope for you.

Now if I didn't learn from the lesson you'd have a good point instead of one I'm about to put your eye out with.
                              Oooo, bodily threats now.
                              All because you chose to be a bad parent.

Now if you choose, as you did, to put that sorriness into play (and apparently, according to you, you've done this repeatedly) it says something about your standards. I don't expect you to own it, but there it is.
                              Now if you choose, as you did, to play that video where your child could hear it (which you have done), it says something about your standards of parenting.

I've heard that before.
                              Your words don't carry much weight.

As for the Town parenting manual, we see that previewing content before you play a video for your child to hear is not a standard you hold dear.
                              And that when you are a bad parent, you quickly look for another to lay the blame on.

Comment

• For Board Peer Review...........

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                                I'm just not going to roll in the dirt with you, PJ.
                                Hi all,

Just read the first few pages and the last few, and 'wow'.

I have no opinion on Trump, but if hes a 'knob',...may 'God' use him well to HELP the world. (to open new doors, and shut others).

~*~*~

However, over the f-bomb in the video in question, I cant judge because I havent seen the video Tam posted, but CALLING TH a 'bad parent' over playing it while his kid was nearby is ludicrous. But he's explained himself well over the 'ethics' involved on that - Just a few thoughts probably already mentioned, and a coming example -

First off, is the issue of what is allowed on the forum to be posted via video, the 'rules' concerning that which are the 'responsibility' of the POSTER
                                . IF the 'f-word' is prohibited (or whatever profanity), then the fault is with the poster, obviously...since a person playing a video would 'assume' the poster is honoring the 'rule'. - UNLESS the poster did put a precautionary WARNING before the video concerned about foul language being in it, etc., an unsuspecting viewer has no CLUE. No brainer - so I would settle those issues, besides a few other 'perks'

In my recent discussion/debate with ACW (oh boy, here we go)...he posted a very unsettling video of a coffee shop owner throwing out a group of christians just for some 'anti-abortion' pamphlet or flyer found outside the establishment. ACW DOES put a *Warning* up front saying "there is vile and disgusting language involved!", but does not specify that at least 8 f-bombs are dropped, and a very crude one directed towards Jesus, which some would find revolting if not obscene. Here is that post.

Just to recap: The 10 TOL Commandments havent been 'updated' or 'modified' since 2009 (just an observation). The only rule I found that may apply to 'video' posts is #2 -

2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images or video to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars, usernames, and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.

It appears a better more detailed 'update' with additional 'amendments' might be helpful here in the context of each 'rule'
                                ...as far as what language is allowable or tolerated in video presentations, where the line is drawn, IF *warning* note is required before anything 'profane' or 'vulgar' is going to be shared (at least THAT is helpful). Of course as the rule presenter claims, this is all 'subjective',..but better clarification or amendments to the rules may be helpful.

I'll link this to the TOL commandments thread for discussion. I look forward to Knight's comments on this.

sigpic

Our Real Nature
                                freelight's cosmic cafe
                                Free-light-Express

~*~*~
                                Resource Nexus l Theosophical Studies l Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom l Sanatana Dharma lAdidaml Facebook l Thread Catalog & History

Comment

Working...
                                X