X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ktoyou
    replied
    Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
    So Jerry, am I to understand, you're questioning whether the unborn are people before the third trimester? What makes you think that?
    No, read what he says.

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Yes, I am pro life. Besides that, there is ample evidence that by the third trimester (and even before) that what is inside the mother's womb is a person. To deny we must throw our reason to the wind.

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman?
    He says he is pro-life, then moves on to say, even you dummies who need observable facts can see the baby is a person by the third semester.

Now, what does this have to do with being a libertarian anyway? It has nothing to do with one having a preference for liberty over equality which is what being libertarian actually means

Remember what John Randolph said?

Leave a comment:

• Stripe
    replied
    They might have done to get one's emotional response.
    If true, then the test makers are morons and either way exposes your ignorance of proper questionnaire preparation.

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I would score as more libertarian the test scored me such, but is biased on several factors, such as loaded questions, which is how these test makers get the results they hope for.
    I had the same impression. I supposed that they might have done to get one's emotional response, but you could be right.

Leave a comment:

• Ktoyou
    replied
    I would score as more libertarian the test scored me such, but is biased on several factors, such as loaded questions, which is how these test makers get the results they hope for.

Leave a comment:

• Stripe
    replied
    Yay. Let's watch as Barbarian deliberately misrepresents plain statements again.

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied
    Originally posted by drbrumley View Post
    What makes him think what......that a fetus is a person before the third trimester?
    What makes him think that they arguably aren't?

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    So Jerry, am I to understand, you're questioning whether the unborn are people before the third trimester? What makes you think that?
    What makes him think what......that a fetus is a person before the third trimester?

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ok doser
    replied
    Yes, I am pro life. Besides that, there is ample evidence that by the third trimester (and even before) that what is inside the mother's womb is a person. To deny we must throw our reason to the wind.

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman?
    "Personhood" is a red herring, intended to take attention away from the FACT that, at conception, a unique living human organism is created

Leave a comment:

• drbrumley
    replied
    There are pro life Democrats and pro choice democrats, as well as pro life republicans and pro choice republicans. Libertarians also have this divide.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied
    Babarian chuckles:
    If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention, Jerry.

Why don't you explain it to me?
    Someone already has.

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Most Libertarians are pro-choice, but there are definitely pro-life libertarians as well.
    It depends on whether or not one thinks of the unborn as persons or not. If so, then one regards them as having rights, including a right to life.

You're not paying attention, Jerry. So tell us, are you really pro-life?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention, Jerry. Maybe Anna can explain it to you.
    Why don't you explain it to me?

Leave a comment:

• The Barbarian
    replied
    What do you think of the idea that all women have a right to an abortion because having a baby is not convenient for them to have one?
    If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention, Jerry. Maybe Anna can explain it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Shugart
    replied
    My results:

You are 42% Libertarian, which makes you a Soft-core Libertarian.
    result icon
    What do you think of the idea that all women have a right to an abortion because having a baby is not convenient for them to have one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X