This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEG REPPING ... and the Three W's

Since discussions about neg rep always seem to pop up, I thought I would initiate a *light-hearted, what makes you tick* sort of thread.

So ... the question is ...

Who. When. Why.
    A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
    we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Originally posted by Rusha View Post

Who. When. Why.
    Who. When. Why. What??
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
      Who. When. Why. What??
      Who. When. Why. What. Where?

This is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
        Who. When. Why. What??
        Who, if anyone, do you neg on a regular basis? Why (or what criteria) do you use for neg repping?

When ... scratch that. Doesn't really apply. It was an extra W.

Bill Clinton

Comment

neg-reppers

Comment

Who, if anyone, do you neg on a regular basis? Why (or what criteria) do you use for neg repping?

When ... scratch that. Doesn't really apply. It was an extra W.

At least my "where" should stay then....since Meshak thought it best to add where the offence took place, right?

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
              At least my "where" should stay then....since Meshak thought it best to add where the offence took place, right?
              Where did this happen? On TOL?

Obviously I had a blonde moment at the very instant I was *wording* the subject header. Of this thread.

Why?

Caffeine deficiency.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Since discussions about neg rep always seem to pop up, I thought I would initiate a *light-hearted, what makes you tick* sort of thread.

Who. When. Why.
                Who? Repeat trolls mostly. When? Almost never. Why? Because I don't like the post and feel obliged to make the strongest possible statement on it, though again I tend to do that publicly. It's a rare confluence of things that sponsors a neg rep from me.

Oh, and kmo, randomly.
                You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                  Who? Repeat trolls mostly. When? Almost never. Why? Because I don't like the post and feel obliged to make the strongest possible statement on it, though again I tend to do that publicly. It's a rare confluence of things that sponsors a neg rep from me.

Oh, and kmo, randomly.
                  Pretty much the same here. I normally aim negs at trolls, liars, stalkers and instigators.

Oh, and those who neg me first.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Pretty much the same here. I normally aim negs at trolls, liars, stalkers and instigators.

Oh, and those who neg me first.
                    I forgot those, but sure. At least the first time. Some newbie did that and I returned and the goof forgot he started it and gave me another. I thought it was funny and just stopped. Can't remember who that was, but they got all indignant about it, which made it funnier.
                    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Where did this happen? On TOL?

Obviously I had a blonde moment at the very instant I was *wording* the subject header. Of this thread.

Why?

Caffeine deficiency.
                      Yeah, on one of her many "threads". I've never seen a person who says so much and so little at the same time.

Comment

People seem to neg-rep me for saying something funny. As if to let me know that I was criminally unaware of the fact that the post I'd commented on was RLY SRS BSNS.

When I actually have more of a point, I'm far more likely to get one of those "I don't really appreciate what you said, so I'll express mild disapproval but look at me I'm pos-repping you instead of neg-repping you because I'M SO AMAZINGLY MAGNANIMOUS and yes I really am that wonderful" pos-reppings.

Quotation marks denote summary of the subtext, not quotation of actual words, of course.

Comment

Who. When. Why.
                          I don't understand neg repping. Why should I care if I get neg repped? It is usually done to me because the person who negs me doesn't understand what the Bible says. How does that hurt me? Will I be banned from TOL (heaven forbid, my that would be awful! Sarcasm) if I get too many neg reps?

I think the only time I use neg reps, is when some moron calls me retarded. But I think this is the forum that asks you to spread reps around before giving it to resurrected again. So it isn't very effective.
                          I'm using the "Report Post" feature more and more. Who has time to sit at the computer and read ignorant insults?

Comment

I normally aim negs at trolls, liars, stalkers and instigators.
                            Me, too.

Who else would I have cause to neg rep?
                            "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Timotheos View Post
                              I think the only time I use neg reps, is when some moron calls me retarded.

Pos rep for the laugh.
                              "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                              X