NEG REPPING ... and the Three W's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

But other than aCW, who do you neg rep? :plain:

:rotfl:

I actually could name names, but that, I think, would almost be too empowering for them.

I also neg rep people who indirectly criticize my neg repping policy. :mmph: :eek:

Moi?

:carryon:

Like that's going to happen...but I appreciate the principle.

Given that, have you ever felt obliged to offer an apology for something you wrote about or to someone you felt justified in disliking?

Definitely. I can't really recall the circumstance, but I know it's happened. I try to be fair to everyone regardless. It's even caused me to reassess my opinion of those people in general. Sometimes those sentiments are borne more of misunderstanding than anything else.

alwight

Since discussions about neg rep always seem to pop up, I thought I would initiate a *light-hearted, what makes you tick* sort of thread.

So ... the question is ...

Who. When. Why.
Someone who shall remain nameless wouldn't confront me in an open thread but chose to do so by the means of neg reps.
My own response capabilities by this means of communication were of a lower order so I couldn't as easily respond in kind, which I thought was rather unfair.
I eventually offered my opinion of this person in thread, so to speak, but this unnamed person then reported it and I was promptly banned for "name calling without a cause".:AMR:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I doesn't neg except to retaliate...one neg rep deserves 3 in return.

Some I take on the chin.

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."
- The Untouchables

Totty means bidness. :noid:

:D

Arthur Brain

I had no idea
the system allows
you to neg rep
yourself?

Probably the wittiest thing you've never said...:plain:

I don't neg on personal principle. I'd sooner save those comments for on the threads, though I don't knock it in general for others who utilize it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think I have given three neg reps since joining. I prefer pos reps when I want to make a private short comment to the person (sort of like a chat box with positive benefits) or not to rep at all.

One thing I think would make a lot of fun is to start out the day pos repping as much as possible with conversational comments, e.g., How is the wife doing today?, What happened at the show last night?, etc. "Rep Chat Day" ! Yay!

The person so repped then pos reps back with related comments such that when you review your pos reps received a conversation of sorts appears. ;) If Knight would turn on the feature that lets you see the reps you have given then you would have a full conversation in your control panel on Rep Chat Day. Yay!

AMR

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think I have given three neg reps since joining. I prefer pos reps when I want to make a private short comment to the person (sort of like a chat box with positive benefits) or not to rep at all.

One thing I think would make a lot of fun is to start out the day pos repping as much as possible with conversational comments, e.g., How is the wife doing today?, What happened at the show last night?, etc. "Rep Chat Day" ! Yay!

The person so repped then pos reps back with related comments such that when you review your pos reps received a conversation of sorts appears. ;) If Knight would turn on the feature that lets you see the reps you have given then you would have a full conversation in your control panel on Rep Chat Day. Yay!

AMR

that is good thing about you and Lon. He did the same thing to me even though his faith is so different from mine as you know.

I try to use the pos rep for conversation too. I even use pos rep for disagreeing.

I have learned this from Lon, my enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.