NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Without a doubt. This team reminds me a lot of the 1st year of Dungy. Stunk it up at the beginning of the year, but once the players bought in, started becoming very dangerous. This might be the team NO ONE wants to play near the end of the year.
It's possible...As to how bizarre. Normally my model struggles early and nails it past, say, week six to eight. This year it's running in reverse, at least for the past couple of weeks if the trend holds.

Right now I'm looking for teams trending up incrementally in terms of a power ranking, but there's always that team that peaks late and scares or beats everyone, like the Giants did. A team like that can upset serious apple carts. Ask New England.

drbrumley

It's possible...As to how bizarre. Normally my model struggles early and nails it past, say, week six to eight. This year it's running in reverse, at least for the past couple of weeks if the trend holds.

Right now I'm looking for teams trending up incrementally in terms of a power ranking, but there's always that team that peaks late and scares or beats everyone, like the Giants did. A team like that can upset serious apple carts. Ask New England.

Yep, this is a hard year. New England and Arizona are hot right now, but I see them peaking early, Denver looks like the most consistent. I might have said the Chiefs, but they laid the egg last night,

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep, this is a hard year. New England and Arizona are hot right now, but I see them peaking early, Denver looks like the most consistent. I might have said the Chiefs, but they laid the egg last night,
Smith had a good game, but Charles was held under a hundred yards and the Chiefs breaking down on the 90 yd run by Murray early was the difference, as it turned out.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
An aside...does anyone else believe that Peterson is being made little more than a reputation rehab attempt for the commissioner?

Anyone else see Peterson's mea culpa today?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Stupid Dolphins couldn't hold the lead. That would have lessened the blow of KC's loss.
And stupid Rams blew at least forcing OT. :doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Stupid Dolphins couldn't hold the lead.
They only had it on Denver miscues. You had to see the turnaround coming.

Worse, they killed my spread analysis late. :mmph: Of course, Denver could have scored another TD if they'd wanted by that point. So I'm grumpy all around.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Besides the Broncos win, I thought the Dolphins looked decent in defeat on the road. I should be able to catch a lot more NFL games now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Positively bent. :)

Still looking too good too early. There's a course correction coming. You can't sustain this into and through the playoffs...at least I've never seen it. Not offensively.

Yeah, you keep saying that. And they keep getting better, TH.

Look, I'm expecting the other cleat to drop too (I have pretty much since David What the World Was That Tyree) but this squad looks good.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, you keep saying that. And they keep getting better, TH.
And it's still too early. Not rooting against them, mind you. The more years pass and the more I jostle with people like you and dig into the numbers and reflect on how the players interact and comport themselves the more affection I have for your Pats. And I already rooted for them in several Super Bowls.

Look, I'm expecting the other cleat to drop too (I have pretty much since David What the World Was That Tyree) but this squad looks good.
Or is it too dependent...we'll see. I'd love to see them and Denver in the Championship game again. My Colts aren't ready yet, remind me of how they were with Peyton. Good pieces in a team that's too uneven, top to bottom, in terms of talent and coaching.

And how about those Cowboys. You had to be rooting for them. :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about...them Pats?

On Mike and Mike this morning they had an interesting statistic. The Pats are 32-3 since 2010 in the second half of the year. That shows just how tough the NFL playoffs are. I say that because you can not explain away 32-3 in the NFL.

Granite

Hall of Fame
On Mike and Mike this morning they had an interesting statistic. The Pats are 32-3 since 2010 in the second half of the year. That shows just how tough the NFL playoffs are. I say that because you can not explain away 32-3 in the NFL.

I know the rest of the league hates to see it but...yeah. We do indeed get better the longer the season goes on. Haters gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.