Town Quixote's

Arthur Brain

The Afternoon News

@ the Movies: In a recent interview actress Kirsten Dunst described her kiss with Brad Pitt during the making of the movie Interview With the Vampire, as "disgusting". Though it should be noted the kiss was more of a peck and that the now 30 year old Dunst was only 11 at the time.

To understand Dunst's reaction I recommend you rent nearly any movie she's made since the second Spider-Man and watch it straight through.

Well, I did watch 'Melancholia' all the way through the other night...

Though afterwards I kinda wished I hadn't....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Friday Evening Gazette :singer:

Meanwhile, over in zoo's secession thread...
Well I know the native americans would have agreed, now if only europe would have takin dear Johns little warm and fuzzy ditto to heart, and stayed on their own island.
And the native Americans had left the Bering Strait alone then Sasquatch would have his own land again. :D

Brave, noble Sasquatch. :plain:

Well, I did a little bit of research, and apparently, the United States of America is now probably going to look a lot like this:

Spoiler
United-States-of-America-States-Star-Capitols-Map.jpg
Not if Sasquatch has anything to say about it...which so far as we know he can't.

Things took a peculiar turn at Q's Hideout...
i dont see how you guys type so fast. i just barely typed my last response and read it after it posted and you guys already started a new page :plain:
Yes, it's amazing what you can do when you're literate. :plain:

And what AB can do also. :eek:
Or if you're used to being paid by the word. ;)
Ah, stenography. :plain:

Quincy

oh you switched it up on us TH!! i was expecting a light digest this evening and got some gazette! appreciated :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A fine Easter morning to everyone. :D

God bless you on this wonderful day when Christendom proclaims our central defining truth.

He is risen.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wishing you and your family a joyous day tomorrow. :)

Will Jack be hunting Easter eggs?
He just got back. And he met a few of his friends. Ella, whom you might remember was the pretty little girl who chased him around last year, hugged him twice and he made a few new friends around his own age.

:D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Tuesday (make-up holiday) Gazette :singer:

So AB and Q were debating the potential of Q's rep passing AB's...
Tell ya what Quince. If you manage that I'll leave the forum....! :nananana:

Heck, come to think on it that'll probably guarantee you'll manage it.
:think: I can't speak for everyone, but I know it brought me on board. :plain: :eek:

Hmm, should have thought about that a bit more really...
A bit early for a new motto, don't you think?

Leading to...
i dont see how you guys type so fast. i just barely typed my last response and read it after it posted and you guys already started a new page :plain:
Yes, it's amazing what you can do when you're literate. :plain:

And what AB can do also. :eek:

Before...
Or if you're used to being paid by the word. ;)
Ah, stenography. :plain:

Then, back in zoo's secession thread...
Well I know the native americans would have agreed, now if only europe would have takin dear Johns little warm and fuzzy ditto to heart, and stayed on their own island.
And the native Americans had left the Bering Strait alone then Sasquatch would have his own land again. :D

Brave, noble Sasquatch. :plain:

Well, I did a little bit of research, and apparently, the United States of America is now probably going to look a lot like this:

Spoiler
United-States-of-America-States-Star-Capitols-Map.jpg
Not if Sasquatch has anything to say about it...which so far as we know he can't.

File this under "Why being a native speaker can sometimes really matter"...
X. Athiests

XX. Non Believers

XXX. Non Denominations

:scripto: This is in my humble opinion... :drum:
I suspect I speak for a great many people when I say, "What??" :liberals:

Are Protestants G or PG rated? :think:

For this to qualify as an opinion, you need to define what X is.
Maybe we're supposed to solve for x. :plain:
But no one really knew...

:idunno:
I got X=37.22222222, give or take a non-denominationist.
It would be easier if we had a Baptist in the mix. Then you'd know there'd be pi. :plain:

Tried to discuss the law...
...The collective is far more likely to get things systematically wrong every single time.
Cite to the study in jurisprudence that supports that.

When you establish meaningless rules and call them necessary and everyone starts thinking they are the be all and end all, then every case becomes a perversion.
What meaningless rules?

...The first one being that everyone has to have a lawyer.
See, that's not even actually a rule. You can defend yourself pro se and even bring action without counsel, foolish as that is, in many civil circumstances.

...it is far more likely that one man will do right than it is for a crowd to decide to do right.
Well, no. That's just you declaring a thing without any study of my system, the one you decided to weigh in on and declare a few things about like this, to support your bias.

The fact is, and one supported by verdict after upheld verdict, that juries, properly constituted, informed of the evidence and charged, do good work that is confirmed by those learned in the law upon appeal and review.

...Bible says a judge and multiple witnesses. Nothing about lawyers, rights or juicyprunings.
We aren't a theocracy and I haven't asserted that we're attempting to repeat what made perfect sense in that day but makes less sense in this one (see, better educated and informed jury pools, forensic evidence, etc.).

Otherwise, the point of contention between us was never over how the OT system of justice functioned, but your unfounded declarations regarding mine.

Your system is corrupt, broken and evil.

They remain unfounded.

Ending with...
Judges are not above the law and the same problems are rampant within your system.
Rampant? Nonsense...cite any authoritative study confirming your view...I'll wait while you don't do that. :plain:

...All you have to do is open a newspaper.
I agree that properly illustrates your problem, conflating your anecdotal impression with fact and rule.

Tomorrow? Scandal rocks the Cub Reporters thread, parades and someone else tries to kill all the lawyers...

IMJerusha

A Face Book friend asked everyone:

I had to go with Alabama. :plain:

Oh golly, this just in from Cousin Mike. He says feed store. I guess his family owned one at one time. Go figure! Certainly better than a cow barn! My hubby's relatives are a little odd.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wednesday Morning Movies :think:

This week I'd like to recommend a couple of off beat movies, one of which made its money back and the other...not so much.

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen: on the surface and by the title it's hard to get very excited about a movie premised on bringing fish to the desert. But the real draw of this movie is the confluence of three lives and the way they impact one another, become entangled in that peculiar dream. There's romance and adventure and struggle against odds and nature (human and otherwise) in a film surprisingly tender and endearing.

I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

The Big Year: has a lot going for it on the surface, Jack Black, Owen Wilson and Steve Martin in a light comedy, for starters. But then you hit the snag. It's a film about bird watching. And as comedies go, it's a film about bird watching.

It grossed a little over seven million against a budget of around forty million. People just didn't flock to the vaguely amusing, semi romantic film about bird watching. And it's too bad, because while the premise isn't exactly engaging the actors mostly are and there are surprising turns in the three primary stories worth following.

3 out of 5 stars

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Changed the ol avatar to demonstrate that I do, on occasion, get my locks clipped like nobody's business.

Yeah, it's a slow day. :eek:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Come in. Some of you will be finding this via the breadcrumb link left in Observations.

We all know how breadcrumbs worked for Hansel and Gretel.

:idunno:

It will be a little like what you remember, the odd digest, a few original bits of humor when I can find a minute, but I hope it will also be more of the sort of place where people can have conversation, not debate, and say hello and stretch their legs, tell a joke, talk about something they've read or watched or noodled.

Humor on TOL?

(Sorry AB, I meant humo(U)r. I didn't mean to offend the Across the Pond folks.)

The digest?

My grandmother is quite fond of the Reader's Digest. There were some funny bits in there, as I recall.

We won't have a whine list. :nono:

That's a shame. I found a really good Merlot for under $6.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thursday Morning Gazette :singer:

After a controversial recount in the monthly Cub Reporter awards...
And we have a new winner, following recount.

Sorry Naz, but resurrected blows past your impressive 15 by four posts, winning the month with what might be a record 19 reports.

Congrats resurrected on a super job of minding the store. :thumb: :plain: [sweeping the first three reporting months of the year]

Kept trying to nudge the controversial into humor...
Originally Posted by caribou
Pigs--The southern states have a problem with wild pigs. They ruin the land. Perverts are like that. They have ruined America.
:think: Do you laugh a lot?

And by "a lot" I mean do you?

And (the links gone, sorry)...
Originally Posted by caribou
That's just groooossssss! It wouldn't surprise me though. [Obama's] the gayest president we've had.
Do you even know how many of the early presidents wore hose and wigs?

I mean around the house.

Then, over in the greatest thread ever, someone suggested I might be a sock puppet of zoo's...who might be a sock puppet of Granite's...
It would be interesting...atheist to agnostic to Christian absolutist. :think:

Seems like there's a sock missing though. Someone between zoo and me.

But isn't that just the way of it with socks. There's always one you just can't find. :mmph:

Ruminated with fool in the "fear what you don't understand" thread...fool was noting the length of the law's letter...
Several long and very wordy books.
It all started when the Cyahoga river kept catching on fire.

Which gave us The Clean Water Act.
And inadvertently crippled Cleveland's "Reading by the River" program. But they were always a little literal in Cleveland. :plain:

While back in the signed, sealed and undelivered homosexual thread...
Originally Posted by Rusha
Many of you were so mean to me when I first joined.
We kid because we love.

And we've got a boatload of loving to do.

Capping off the festivities with...
Originally Posted by Rusha
It is because of you and those like you that my kitty has gone from passive ... to aggressive.
Same thing happened to chrys and Eeset but they split the difference.

:shocked:

Tomorrow? More spankings, weed, lawyers and windmills than you can find this side of Congress. :plain: