Town Quixote's

alwight

Man, a guy stops by to wish everyone a merry dominant culture holy month and what the blazes is going on around here? :shocked:

Anna is in red?? That's like catching the Pope at a disco or Gandhi eating spareribs. Well, that's the sort of thing that's bound to happen when I leave you kids alone too long.

Anyway, I'm on break after completing a 4.0 run at my first semester back in academia, thank ye kindly and, having taken a really long breath of fresh air decided I couldn't let the season pass without saying hello and Merry Christmas to you knuckleheads.

So I'll be around for a little bit, poke a few bears with the humor stick, or shtick, depending on your outlook. Then it's back to storage and the next semester.

:eek:
Nice to hear from you TH, I'm just back from some surgery in hospital (10 days) so I hardly missed you at all :).
It would be nice if you stick around and help to keep me amused as I recover.
:e4e:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Man, a guy stops by to wish everyone a merry dominant culture holy month and what the blazes is going on around here? :shocked:

Anna is in red?? That's like catching the Pope at a disco or Gandhi eating spareribs. Well, that's the sort of thing that's bound to happen when I leave you kids alone too long.

Anyway, I'm on break after completing a 4.0 run at my first semester back in academia, thank ye kindly and, having taken a really long breath of fresh air decided I couldn't let the season pass without saying hello and Merry Christmas to you knuckleheads.

So I'll be around for a little bit, poke a few bears with the humor stick, or shtick, depending on your outlook. Then it's back to storage and the next semester.

I will pm you which bears need poking....

bybee

Nice to hear from you TH, I'm just back from some surgery in hospital (10 days) so I hardly missed you at all :).

Hope you will be up and around in no time. Blessings!

glorydaz

I knew it was all your fault. :sibbie:

If you had any pity in your heart at all, you'd stick around.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Thank you blossom :jessilu:much appreciated. They get you walking around almost straight away these days after surgery, which I am.
:)

one day of rest in the hospital = five extra days of rehab at home

i hope the physical therapists made you work!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I knew it was all your fault. :sibbie:

If you had any pity in your heart at all, you'd stick around.
Well...for the rest of the month. That will seem like longer for some...and likely not long enough for some who feel that way, curiously enough. :eek:

ok doser

I tire easily at the moment. :plain:

i'll bet

i was working rehab with orthopedic patients last spring - lots of hips and knees - most were fun to work with, if difficult to persuade to action

some were total pains in the neck :chuckle:

alwight

i'll bet

i was working rehab with orthopedic patients last spring - lots of hips and knees - most were fun to work with, if difficult to persuade to action

some were total pains in the neck :chuckle:
I had a bowel op which seems to have been a success though there will be a part two in about 6 months, so I still have reasonably good joints to get around on. The therapist wants me to walk up and down my stairs but I've done more than that so far. In fact I'm now going to take out the trash which involves stairs. :)

...It was a tough job but I made it to and from the bins. ;)

PureX

I'm finally back to 'normal' after about three months of ongoing medical mistreatment. So I feel for ya. Hopefully the mending will come quickly.

Glad to have you around!

ok doser

I had a bowel op which seems to have been a success though there will be a part two in about 6 months, so I still have reasonably good joints to get around on. The therapist wants me to walk up and down my stairs but I've done more than that so far. In fact I'm now going to take out the trash which involves stairs. :)

...It was a tough job but I made it to and from the bins. ;)

:thumb:

gotta keep that blood flowing!

alwight

I'm finally back to 'normal' after about three months of ongoing medical mistreatment. So I feel for ya. Hopefully the mending will come quickly.

Glad to have you around!
Thanks PX, this has been my best day for quite a while, I've enjoyed two good meals today so I feel on the up. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks PX, this has been my best day for quite a while, I've enjoyed two good meals today so I feel on the up. :)
Good. We're having a hospital adventure here at present. My father had a problem on the golf course. The enzymes tell us it was a mild heart attack. His cardiologist is going to address it in the morning with a stint.

Couldn't have gone better on this side of it and hopefully will go as well as expected on the other. It helps that my father is in tremendous shape for his age. Heck, he's in good shape for a man twenty years younger. But it's still a shock when you or a loved one have to go under the knife in any form or fashion.

So hurry up and mend. :)

ok doser

Good. We're having a hospital adventure here at present. My father had a problem on the golf course. The enzymes tell us it was a mild heart attack. His cardiologist is going to address it in the morning with a stint.

:freak:

hopefully not

alwight

Couldn't have gone better on this side of it and hopefully will go as well as expected on the other. It helps that my father is in tremendous shape for his age. Heck, he's in good shape for a man twenty years younger. But it's still a shock when you or a loved one have to go under the knife in any form or fashion.

So hurry up and mend. :)
Thanks TH,
Sorry about your Dad TH, my neighbour had a heart scare about a year ago, I've not seen him in better health since his op.
Personally I've had all sorts of scans and monitoring of my condition before and after a 10 hour operation, so at least I've had the rest of me checked out in the process. Most people don't usually know there is a problem so I'd now recommend that everyone gets a periodic thorough check out if they can. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks TH,
Sorry about your Dad TH, my neighbour had a heart scare about a year ago, I've not seen him in better health since his op.
His cardiologist was really pleasant and upbeat about the next step. Said he'll be back on the course in no time, so I'm trying not to fret. But I'm not very good at handling things I can't impact that matter.

Personally I've had all sorts of scans and monitoring of my condition before and after a 10 hour operation, so at least I've had the rest of me checked out in the process.
That has to be a comfort.

Most people don't usually know there is a problem so I'd now recommend that everyone gets a periodic thorough check out if they can. :plain:
Yeah...I'm getting to the point where it's about time for the old scope and this may be the push I need. None of us are built with an indefinite warranty. :)

Take care of yourself.

Last edited: