Nang's SPOTD is Tet's Hit Out of the Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

This was my first post from last evening. It isn't personal. It's addressed to Dispensationalists in general based upon doctrine.

You are on record as seriously doubting the salvation of anyone holding to a particular system of Bible understanding - namely, dispensationalism - even after we've told you we believe salvation is solely by faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for our sins, without works.

Cleary, that suggests you really don't believe that is the saving Gospel; if you did, you'd fully accept us as saved no matter how much you despise dispensationalism.

Since it's taking you so much time to formulate what you DO believe the Gospel is (I believe I first asked you about it last night), I'm going to bet yours is rather different.

Prove me wrong.

musterion

Just the meat because there's so much gristle.

The same one you espouse by elpis (hope/trust) rather than pistis (faith); which makes true faith look like arrogance.

Tell us in plain language what we must do to be saved, since you're convinced we're not. No Greek, just a straightforward answer.

Yes, it can easily seem so. Identity and Postition are near-miss attempts at addressing ontology. They're just labels instead actually "being". And that too often is "being" as a verb rather than resting in Christ, which is just "doing".
You've never read any of it.

Not necessarily, that's absurd. Jesus Himself spoke in parables, and Paul says things hard to understand, according to Peter.
Christ spoke in parables to hide truth from those who'd already rejected it. I asked you to explain yourself in the plainest possible language and you can't or won't. I suspect won't...if you do, the paucity of your doctrine will become evident.

It's the rest in Christ without works, but it inevitably produces the works OF faith.
We (MADs) agree 100% with that. There's no work FOR salvation or righteousness - that is, to gain or to keep them - that's left for us to do. Christ did it all and we're complete in Him. All the MADs here believe that. The rest of TOL? Not so much. But we do. Of course you'll reject that simply because we're not you.

Please recall that you indicated you got your view of identity from reading books... from books by a human author.

That's why I spend 60 hours each week teaching others.
So blinded by your own pride you don't even see it.

Nope. You've been subverted by the devices of Satan through language. You can't even examine it yourself because it began gestationally and in the sub-cognitive limbic system. Now it's the foundation for your rational reasoning, which is neither.
So we're influenced by Satan while in the womb? You are insane and this will be my last post to you.

And I don't need you. See how that works?
Petty. Childish. You never impressed me. I'm the one who impressed you, then disappointed you, remember? You wanted me. "So close!" you said. You were so impressed with me that you said I was the only one on TOL even close to grasping your spiritual "level," so you wanted my scalp on your belt. Want me to pull the posts to prove it?

I see you still cling to a law-based form of repeated repentance.
Nope. Colossians 2:13, Romans 8:1, Romans 8:39.

You're not in the prosopon of Christ, instead putting new wine in old wineskins. But I'm not offering anything.
Oh, so now you've changed your mind about me. The Emperor can't turn Luke, so now he'll destroy him. You're a joke, and you're frightening.

Dispensationalism is a part of what Paul foretold. But you can't see that with that veil.
God Himself is a dispensationalist. Ask someone else here how we know that, and why you don't. They'll tell you. I'm done with you.

So long, vain philosopher.

john w

Hall of Fame
Trapped by the devices of Satan, your Father.

I'm honored, as your imitating me. Of course, that makes sense, Skippy, as your father the devil, is the great imitator. He is applauding you right now, Cain Jr.

Take a seat, after your bow...

And that would be small "f," not the cap "F," that you posted, as the bible is a book of details. And you are trying to impress us, with those fancy words, you spam, on TOL, Ellie Mae?

God the Father

vs.

your father, the devil

Contrasts, like heaven, vs. hell.

musterion

Box of bees and frogs, this one. "Gestational demonic influence" :kookoo: ...it's been given a bath and dressed up fancy but still only a half-step away from Serpent Seed territory. Insane.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John Nelson Darby (Dispensationalism) was a lot like Joseph Smith (Mormonism) and Charles Taze Russell (Jehova's Witnesses).

Joseph Smith called himself and his Mormon followers "Latter-Day Saints". The reason Smith chose this name was because Smith thought the 1830's were the latter days.

Charles Taze Russell and a few hundred men, women, and children followers of him put on white robes and gathered before sunrise on a bridge here in Pittsburgh in 1903. They did so because they were convinced that day was the end of the world.

John Nelson Darby, and Dispensationalists since Darby have constantly taught that they were living in the last days. Hal Lindsay is a Dispensationalist and Darby follower. His book "The Late Great Planet Earth" is Exhibit A of the doomsday hysteria associated with Dispensationalism.

Dispensationalism, Mormonism, and JW's are all "Doomsday" teachings.

Darby's "rapture" is no different than Joseph Smith's "latter-days"

I will show in a subsequent post how Darby changed many verses in the KJV to show the "last days" were the mid-1800's when he wrote his Darby Bible.

musterion

When will someone substantiate the claim that Crowley learned dispensationalism from Darby? Or will one refuted lie simply be replaced with another?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The following will show verses from the King James Bible compared to verses from the Darby Bible that was published in 1867

I will show how Darby preached a "doomsday doctrine" the same way Joseph Smith did.

The following verses will show how Darby inserted a "doomsday" imminence in his Bible:

KJV (blue) Darby Bible (red)

(1 Peter 5:1) The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

(1 Peter 5:1) The elders which [are] among you I exhort, who [am their] fellow-elder and witness of the sufferings of the Christ, who also [am] partaker of the glory about to be revealed:

(Matt 16:27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

(Matt 16:27) For the Son of man is about to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will render to each according to his doings.

(2 Tim 4:1) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

(2 Tim 4:1) I testify before God and Christ Jesus, who is about to judge living and dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom,

(Acts 24:25) And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

(Acts 24:25) And as he reasoned concerning righteousness, and temperance, and the judgment about to come, Felix, being filled with fear, answered, Go for the present, and when I get an opportunity I will send for thee;

(Luke 21:36) Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

(Luke 21:36) Watch therefore, praying at every season, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things which are about to come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man

(Luke 24:21) But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

(Luke 24:21) But *we* had hoped that *he* was the one who is about to redeem Israel. But then, besides all these things, it is now, to-day, the third day since these things took place.

There are 12 more verses I can list, but for now, we can see John Nelson Darby, like Joseph Smith, thought he was living in the latter days.

glorydaz

I'm honored, as your imitating me. Of course, that makes sense, Skippy, as your father the devil, is the great imitator. He is applauding you right now, Cain Jr.

Take a seat, after your bow...

And that would be small "f," not the cap "F," that you posted, as the bible is a book of details. And you are trying to impress us, with those fancy words, you spam, on TOL, Ellie Mae?

God the Father

vs.

your father, the devil

Contrasts, like heaven, vs. hell.

Good catch. I think that might be what's called a Freudian slip up. :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When will someone substantiate the claim that Crowley learned dispensationalism from Darby? Or will one refuted lie simply be replaced with another?

The following doesn't prove it, but it's an informative article about Crowley and Darby from someone who has read Crowley's biography and other works:

"The Master Therion himself left us a few notes about his life. We have read his biography and know what came of the boy that sat with his family on Sundays listening to the sermons of John Nelson Darby.
While young Aleister sat with his family on Sunday morning he would listen in awe to the teachings that the charismatic John Nelson Darby delivered with magical flourishes. "
- SOURCE

john w

Hall of Fame
John Nelson Darby (Dispensationalism) was a lot like Joseph Smith (Mormonism) and Charles Taze Russell (Jehova's Witnesses).

Joseph Smith called himself and his Mormon followers "Latter-Day Saints". The reason Smith chose this name was because Smith thought the 1830's were the latter days.

Charles Taze Russell and a few hundred men, women, and children followers of him put on white robes and gathered before sunrise on a bridge here in Pittsburgh in 1903. They did so because they were convinced that day was the end of the world.

John Nelson Darby, and Dispensationalists since Darby have constantly taught that they were living in the last days. Hal Lindsay is a Dispensationalist and Darby follower. His book "The Late Great Planet Earth" is Exhibit A of the doomsday hysteria associated with Dispensationalism.

Dispensationalism, Mormonism, and JW's are all "Doomsday" teachings.

Darby's "rapture" is no different than Joseph Smith's "latter-days"

I will show in a subsequent post how Darby changed many verses in the KJV to show the "last days" were the mid-1800's when he wrote his Darby Bible.

"Yes, but not a "Full Preterist". I would consider myself a "Partial Preterist". I can explain later if you like..:I believe a lot of things that preterists believe, however, I don't like some of the baggage that comes with calling oneself a preterist."-"-Craigee Joe Preterist Tet.

He admits he follows the teachings/"inventions"/"theories" of Preterists.

musterion

And that would be small "f," not the cap "F," that you posted, as the bible is a book of details.
God the Father

vs.

your father, the devil

That is interesting. Why would someone to capitalize that "f" when aiming the accusation at someone else?

john w

Hall of Fame
The following doesn't prove it, but it's an informative article about Crowley and Darby from someone who has read Crowley's biography and other works:

"The Master Therion himself left us a few notes about his life. We have read his biography and know what came of the boy that sat with his family on Sundays listening to the sermons of John Nelson Darby.
While young Aleister sat with his family on Sunday morning he would listen in awe to the teachings that the charismatic John Nelson Darby delivered with magical flourishes. "
- SOURCE

"Yes, but not a "Full Preterist". I would consider myself a "Partial Preterist". I can explain later if you like..:I believe a lot of things that preterists believe, however, I don't like some of the baggage that comes with calling oneself a preterist."-"-Craigee Joe Preterist Tet.

He admits he follows the teachings/"inventions"/"theories" of Preterists.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More fun stuff from the Aleister Crowley Socieity:

" The thing is... We know how Crowley turned out after listening to Darby's interpretation of the fate of mankind in his early years. Now that the great majority of protestants believe in the Rapture myth and every doomsday death wish that this entitles them to, I wonder... If the Plymouth Brethren -from whose bosom the Master Therion emerged- are the original exponents of this doctrine; how many Crowley's is the modern Protestant movement -basically millions of clones of Darby's church- creating?

Time will tell. I think Crowley was just the first fruit."

The Aleister Crowley Society

musterion

The following doesn't prove it but

" The thing is... We know how Crowley turned out after listening to Darby's interpretation of the fate of mankind in his early years. Now that the great majority of protestants believe in the Rapture myth and every doomsday death wish that this entitles them to, I wonder... If the Plymouth Brethren -from whose bosom the Master Therion emerged- are the original exponents of this doctrine; how many Crowley's is the modern Protestant movement -basically millions of clones of Darby's church- creating?

Time will tell. I think Crowley was just the first fruit."

The Aleister Crowley Society

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What a self-refuting idiot.

Aleister Crowley wrote an autobiography called "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley"

In "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley", Aleister Crowley said the following about his dad:

"Edward Crowley was educated as an engineer, but never practised his profession. He was devoted to religion and became a follower of John Nelson Darby, the founder of the "Plymouth Brethren". - Chapter 1

As we see above, Aleister tells us his dad "became a follower of John Nelson Darby".

Since Aleister's father was a follower of John Nelson Darby, why would you think Aleister would not have heard John Nelson Darby preach?

Status
Not open for further replies.