ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

john w

Hall of Fame
Let's look what the Apostle John said here:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
(1 Jn.3:2).​

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that then they would be made like Him. There is not even a hint that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that any living believers will be made like Him when he appears. So John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​

I asked:So, Hebrews is "rapture" country, Pate, Jr.?
Is 1 John?

Yes, or no, Mr. Peepers.And go on record, and tell everyone what the term "mystery" means, biblically, and that the rapture is not part of it.

And tell everyone if you believe the rapture is equivalent to "the second time.

Is 1 Peter rapture country? Is 2 Peter? Tell us what books, in Hebrews-Revelation, are specifically applicable to the boc, "written to"(your words), the boc, and why, baldie fat man. Go ahead. Specifics, "banned from many sites for sowing discord" one. We are all busy men/women, to put up with your spittle, drooling, choking on the meat we provide you, kid. Pull up your bunny shirt, and bib, tike, and give us specifics, instead of generalities, w/o your "scripture posted in isolation" deceitful method.

And shuck your humanism, and "Well, sir....says..." on just a few posts, "addicted to men" Robert Palmer, Jr.

How is that Acts 2 "it all says the same thing" Walvoordites/Ironsideites dementia, old baldy man?

Is James not written to the boc? Why not, if no? Is James "rapture country?"
Tell us if the rapture/seizure by force/catching away is discussed in Hebrews-Revelation.

At least you recognize that you had no response to Paul's words which I quoted in Romans-Philemon, as you continue to run and hide.

Tell us about the "rapture," in Hebrews-Revelation. Do be a dear, Mr. Peepers.

john w

Hall of Fame
Quit dodging the question, Jerry.

Does Hebrews say anything about the rapture?

Does James? Peter's Epistles? John's Epistles? Jude? Revelation?

Exactamundo. He is scrambling to his "The Great Giants Of Mid Acts Dispensationalism" book....

So,Mr. Peepers, Jer, are all of the teachings of Hebrews-Revelation, "are written to"(your words) members of the boc? Unpack it for us, sower of discord.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sonny boy, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I've reduced him to firing his copy'npaste sound byte/cliche gun. Weighty, baldie Mr. Peepers.

Does Hebrews say anything about the rapture?Does James? Peter's Epistles? John's Epistles? Jude? Revelation?Is "the second time" the same thing as the rapture, Acts 2 "it all says the same thing" Ironsideite? Are all of the teachings of Hebrews-Revelation, "are written to"(your words) members of the boc? Unpack it for us, sower of discord.

Jerry Shugart

Indeed it does... but YOU keep repeating that certain books were written AT A PERIOD IN TIME as IF that is the only thing that puts them in THIS dispensation.

Were Paul's epistles written during the time of the present dispensation? And were the same epistles received during the time of the present dispensation?

Of course they were. And the same can be said for those who wrote and received the Hebrew epistles. But according to your ideas the teaching found in the Hebrew epistles is not for the time when they were written but for some future time.

If that is true then to avoid confusion then the authors of the Hebrew epistles would have said something in those epistles to tell those who received those epistles that then teaching they received was for the future and doesn't apply to them right then and there. But I see nothing in any of those epistles where anything like that is told to those who received them. Perhaps you do?

Also, please tell me "when" the teaching found in the book of Hebrews will be in effect since you believe that teaching is for a future time. Please be specific.

john w

Hall of Fame

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that then they would be made like Him. There is not even a hint that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that any living believers will be made like Him when he appears. So John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:

No, I picked you apart on your laughable, ridiculous, silly interpretation of 1 John 3:2 KJV-the topic is sinlessness, as you were shown, but you, since you subscribe to "it all says the same thing....avoid the verses surrounding any passage, and just quote it in isolation" bumbling/fumbling method of "studying," you butchered the interpretation.

The onset of dementia is tragic, as I see it often, in the financial services industry. I will pray for your recovery.

john w

Hall of Fame

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).​
So John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:

1. Define what "mystery" means-biblically, not in today's "thinking."

2. So, the mystery was revealed to the writer of John? Why Paul, then, "it all says the same thing" proponent?

Well, well, well.....Jer posts a thread on "it all says the same thing:"

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128932-We-Shall-Be-Like-the-Lord-Jesus-When-He-Appears
John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive and they were expecting that then they would be made like Him. I haven't seen any evidence that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that any living believers will be made like Him when he appears. So I can only conclude that John's words can only be in regard to the "mystery" truth found here:
"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).

So, he asserts that the writer of John, knew of the mystery, and the rapture is in Hebrews-Revelation, and it is identical to the second coming.

Dementia has morphed him from an Acts 2 proponent, to an Acts 1 proponent. Next up for Jer:Matthew-John speaks of the rapture.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Belonging to Christ does not mean that all are in the same place in the same way.
Even while Jesus walked the earth, He said "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold ".

Where both sheepfolds believers, or was one fold of His believers and the other fold was unbelievers????

Just as Christ can have two separate sheepfolds, He can have Israel and the BOC separate.
Just as Christ has many sheep, and not all are in the same fold.

The BOC is not Israel.

Jerry Shugart

1. Define what "mystery" means-biblically, not in today's "thinking."

Something which was kept secret.

So, the mystery was revealed to the writer of John? Why Paul, then, "it all says the same thing" proponent?

I believe that Paul revealed the mystery spoken of at 1 Corinthians 15:51 to John and that is what John was referring to at 1 John 3:2.

Perhaps you have some evidence that living saints will put on new, glorious bodies like the body of the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom on the earth?

john w

Hall of Fame
Something which was kept secret.

I believe that Paul revealed the mystery spoken of at 1 Corinthians 15:51 to John and that is what John was referring to at 1 John 3:2.

Perhaps you have some evidence that living saints will put on new, glorious bodies like the body of the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom on the earth?

So, Hebrews-Revelation are all "rapture ground," and the second coming, "the second time," described in Matthew-John, and Hebrews-Revelation, is identical to the rapture? It all says the same thing, eh?

Why Paul, then?

Why the need for a "secret," Jer?

Jerry Shugart

The BOC is not Israel.

Yes, but how do explain the fact that Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13)?

And where would anyone get the idea that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ since Paul says that the middle wall of partition which previously separated the believing Jews from the believing Gentiles has been broken down?:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As per prophesy, the kingdom of Israel would be exalted and rise, and through that rise of Israel Gentiles would flock to the Lord.

But the mystery gospel of Paul has the Gentiles flocking to the Lord during Israel's fall, not their rise.

So the BOC is definitely NOT Israel.
Gentiles are not flocking to the Lord due to the fall of the BOC.

The prophesy of their rise is still awaiting fulfillment.

Things that differ are not the same.

Jerry Shugart

Why Paul, then?

According to prophecy Israel was to go into all the world and proclaim that it is Jesus who is the Christ, the Son of God. But when Israel rejected their promised Messiah that nation was temporarily set aside and when Paul was converted he was given the task as the apostle of the Gentiles.

Why the need for a "secret," Jer?

Because it was not until Israel rejected their promised Messiah that the mystery truths were revealed. As long as Israel remained in the plans of the LORD the destiny of the Jews was a restoration of the kingdom to Israel. But when that nation rejected their promised Messiah then and only then did the Lord reveal to Paul His plans concerning the Body of Christ.

And after that Paul revealed that the Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Thess.12:13).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, but how do explain the fact that Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13)?

Because the BOC is not exclusive to Gentiles, and the verse is talking about being brought into the BOC after Israel (as a nation) was cut off in Acts 7-9, not about Jews believing prior to Stephen's death. The "Israel believers" (post-Christ's resurrection, pre-Israel's cutting off, aka Acts 1-7) is COMPLETELY made up of Jews and proselyte Jews. The Body of Christ is made up of both Jews and Gentiles, with no distinction between them.

And where would anyone get the idea that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ since Paul says that the middle wall of partition which previously separated the believing Jews from the believing Gentiles has been broken down?

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

Jerry Shugart

But the mystery gospel of Paul has the Gentiles flocking to the Lord during Israel's fall, not their rise.

So the BOC is definitely NOT Israel.

I never said that the BOC is Israel. But it is a fact that Paul says that the Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and that the middle wall of partition which previously separated the Jewish believers from the Gentile believers was broken down.

Why did you not address those facts?

Right Divider

Body part
According to prophecy Israel was to go into all the world and proclaim that it is Jesus who is the Christ, the Son of God. But when Israel rejected their promised Messiah that nation was temporarily set aside and when Paul was converted he was given the task as the apostle of the Gentiles.
The twelve were told to teach the law to all nations. Paul says that we are not under the law.

Those are two different things.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just as I said, by recognizing that the shepherd (Christ) can have two separate sheepfolds.
Both folds are His sheep, but both are separate from each other.

Likewise, both the BOC and Israel are GOD's people, though separate from each other.