"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

Robert Pate

Banned
No, that's merely your Straw Man Fallacy. Rather, we believe that God accepts the obedience of those whom Christ has enabled with his grace. It is all the grace of the Lord.

Amen.

Post #76.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Sinners have no saving grace. That is very evident in your church.

Wakeup! You only have the first fruits or down payment of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23.

No one has been totally sanctified yet.

Robert Pate

Banned
Already categorically refuted in Post #76 above. :yawn:

If Paul refered to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" where do you think that leaves you and me?

Are you ready to stand in the judgment and tell God that the grace of Jesus in your heart makes you righteous and without sin?

Not me. I need a savior.

Cruciform

If Paul refered to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" where do you think that leaves you and me?Are you ready to stand in the judgment and tell God that the grace of Jesus in your heart makes you righteous and without sin?Not me. I need a savior.
Now go back and actually read the information provided in Post #76 above.

Robert Pate

Banned
Boy, I'll say. Maybe if you would love your neighbor you would get a Savior. Why not try it?

Loveing your neighbor is not going to save you.

Read carefully.

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

You have received enough light to light a city, yet you remain in darkness.

genuineoriginal

"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ, John 6:40.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.
The next verse shows your error.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.
Here is what a more accurate translation says:

Matthew 7:23 NKJV
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’​

Jesus is saying that He will not recognize anyone that rebels against the Commandments of God found in the Torah.

Robert Pate

Banned
The next verse shows your error.

Here is what a more accurate translation says:

Matthew 7:23 NKJV
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’​

Jesus is saying that He will not recognize anyone that rebels against the Commandments of God found in the Torah.

So you think that you obey the 600+ laws in the Torah?

genuineoriginal

So you think that you obey the 600+ laws in the Torah?
You are using the count of commandments that the Pharisees came up with?
Silly man, purge out the leaven of the Pharisees so you can serve God in truth.

Hebrews 10:16
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”​

Do you have any of God's Laws in your heart or written in your mind?
If so, what are you doing with those Laws?

Robert Pate

Banned
You are using the count of commandments that the Pharisees came up with?
Silly man, purge out the leaven of the Pharisees so you can serve God in truth.

Hebrews 10:16
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”​

Do you have any of God's Laws in your heart or written in your mind?
If so, what are you doing with those Laws?

I am not obeying them.

I don't know about you. I am a sinner saved by grace.

genuineoriginal

I am not obeying them.
So, you are rebelling against God's Laws that He took the trouble to put into your heart and write in your mind?

So, why have you chosen to be one of the children of disobedience, like you were in the past before accepting Jesus as your Lord and Master?

Ephesians 2:2
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:​

Robert Pate

Banned
So, you are rebelling against God's Laws that He took the trouble to put into your heart and write in your mind?

So, why have you chosen to be one of the children of disobedience, like you were in the past before accepting Jesus as your Lord and Master?

Ephesians 2:2
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:​

Naaww, I don't obey God's law. I try, but I don't even come close.

I guess I need a savior, How about you?

genuineoriginal

Naaww, I don't obey God's law. I try, but I don't even come close.
If you are not in rebellion against God's Law, why are you teaching others to rebel?

Have you given up the good fight?

1 Timothy 6:12
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.​

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are not in rebellion against God's Law, why are you teaching others to rebel?

Have you given up the good fight?

1 Timothy 6:12
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.​

If the apostle Paul refered to himself as... "The Chief of Sinners" where does that leave you and me?

Daniel1769

LOL Who i Robert Pate teaching to rebel? Sounds to me like he is expounding the Gospel. When you meet Jesus go ahead and say "Lord, Lord, have i not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name cast out devils, and in thy name DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS." That's not what I would say if Jesus asked me why I should go to heaven. I'd say, "Because you died for my sins, were buried and resurrected, and I believed you."