"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

Nanja

Since you insist that you don't believe, you will be cast into outer darkness with the rest of the unbelievers.

Nanja
Salvation isn't contingent upon on any work a person does, and that includes believing,
but by Grace given to the Elect, those Chosen in Christ, their Surety Head, before the world began.

Faith / Belief is a Fruit of the Holy Spirit Gal. 5:22, given exclusively to God's Elect Titus 1:1,
Christ's Sheep John 10:26; and which was Given me, by God's Grace, when I was Born Again.
Not because of anything I did, but what my Surety Christ Jesus had done on my behalf,
before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

~~~~~

Nanja

Now you are claiming that everybody is righteous?

False.

Nanja
Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The Holy Spirit is only given to God's Elect, His Sheep.
And that's not all mankind, because we know that many are goats Mat. 25:41;
those the devil planted in the earth Mat 13:38-39

Does Rom. 5:19 state that all of mankind are made righteous?
No, it says "many" will be made Righteous.

Jesus spoke of these "many" here:

John 17:1-2
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come;
glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: v.2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh,
that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

~~~~~

genuineoriginal

The Holy Spirit is only given to God's Elect, His Sheep.

Matthew 7:8
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.​

Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?​

You are now claiming that everyone that asks for the Holy Spirit is God's Elect?

I suppose that means that asking is not a work.

Nanja

Matthew 7:8
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.​

Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?​

You are now claiming that everyone that asks for the Holy Spirit is God's Elect?

I suppose that means that asking is not a work.

Again... False!

You have no understanding of the scriptures because you are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4 KJV.

No one can seek God in a way that leads to Salvation unless God has ordained it Rom. 3:11.

All of humanity are not God's Children John 8:44.

And God is a Father to only His Adopted Children, Chosen In Christ, in Love Eph. 1:4-11.

God's Love is exclusive to those He Elected In Union With Christ Rom. 8:39!

~~~~~

genuineoriginal

I have no understanding of the scriptures because I am lost 2 Cor 4:3-4 KJV.
FTFY

You do know that your ignorance can be cured if you took the time to actually study the word of God, right?

God's Love is exclusive to those He Elected In Union With Christ Rom. 8:39!
That verse is about Paul's resolve to not allow anything to stop Him from loving God.

The teaching from Jesus that matches it is the warning found in these verses:

Matthew 13:20-22
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.​

The Bible tells us over and over that man is not totally depraved, the election is conditional, atonement is universal, the Grace of God can be rejected, and saints are not preserved by God alone but must themselves persevere until the end.

Daniel1769

I didn't log on to the site for about 7 months, and the same people are still arguing about the same issues. Poll: Anyone think they will convince the other to their side?

genuineoriginal

I didn't log on to the site for about 7 months, and the same people are still arguing about the same issues. Poll: Anyone think they will convince the other to their side?
On one side, we have people arguing about what the Bible says.
On the other side, we have people arguing about tulips.

:idunno:

Daniel1769

Probably not.

I posted here regularly for a while. The screen name used to be Daniel1611 but I forgot the password and it refused to reset so I had to make a new one. Anyway, After months arguing over basic Biblical principles with the same people, Just quit logging on. I came back, and I still see the same people arguing over the same exact points. Just wondering why people don't discuss something else. I doubt that I will ever win over a TULIPer who is so dedicated that the spend time writing blogs about it.

Robert Pate

Banned
I posted here regularly for a while. The screen name used to be Daniel1611 but I forgot the password and it refused to reset so I had to make a new one. Anyway, After months arguing over basic Biblical principles with the same people, Just quit logging on. I came back, and I still see the same people arguing over the same exact points. Just wondering why people don't discuss something else. I doubt that I will ever win over a TULIPer who is so dedicated that the spend time writing blogs about it.

It is not your responsibility to win over anyone.

It is your responsibility to teach and preach the Gospel to whoever will hear it.

What the results are will be up to the Holy Spirit. Not you.

beloved57

It is not your responsibility to win over anyone.

It is your responsibility to teach and preach the Gospel to whoever will hear it.

What the results are will be up to the Holy Spirit. Not you.

You don't believe the Gospel, let alone Preach it. You do teach against the Gospel, you teach that people are saved by their works by something that they do.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe the Gospel, let alone Preach it. You do teach against the Gospel, you teach that people are saved by their works by something that they do.

Did you not become a Calvinist? That is something you did.

I can hear it now...

"But Lord, Lord, didn't I become a Calvinist?"

bsmitts

"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ, John 6:40.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

HOW TO BE SAVED

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Not faith in a doctrine or a religion. The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved renounce whatever you are trusting in, whether it be Calvinism, Catholicism, or whatever and place all of your faith in Christ and in Christ alone. Jesus is the savior, not what you do, or in what you have become. In the judgment the only thing that is going to stand is the righteousness of Christ. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him and in him alone, you will perish.

You don't want to know what I have theorized about Matthew 7:21-23. It would scare the living daylights out of you. though just a theory, I will not share it. But notice the incredible wisdom of Jesus just one verse further. Matthew 7:24 He is promoting works! I love it! You can't figure him out with your mind. You have to have faith in him. He is the revealer of secrets as he wishes. remember this: "unless you become as a little child" remember? I love it!

Last edited: