"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

Robert Pate

Banned
"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ, John 6:40.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

HOW TO BE SAVED

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Not faith in a doctrine or a religion. The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved renounce whatever you are trusting in, whether it be Calvinism, Catholicism, or whatever and place all of your faith in Christ and in Christ alone. Jesus is the savior, not what you do, or in what you have become. In the judgment the only thing that is going to stand is the righteousness of Christ. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him and in him alone, you will perish.

musterion

The heathen pope just equated salvation with walking through some annually opened magic doorways.

nikolai_42

"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:21.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

HOW TO BE SAVED

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Not faith in a doctrine or a religion. The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved renounce whatever you are trusting in, whether it be Calvinism, Catholicism, or whatever and place all of your faith in Christ and in Christ alone. Jesus is the savior, not what you do, or in what you have become. In the judgment the only thing that is going to stand is the righteousness of Christ. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him and in him alone, you will perish.

You will note that the verses you quote include the phrase "in your name". How is it that one would do a work in Jesus' name without believing in that name? Do you know another way to cast out a demon - much less do it in Jesus' name? How do you do it in Jesus' name if you don't have faith in Him?

Robert Pate

Banned
You will note that the verses you quote include the phrase "in your name". How is it that one would do a work in Jesus' name without believing in that name? Do you know another way to cast out a demon - much less do it in Jesus' name? How do you do it in Jesus' name if you don't have faith in Him?

Many are doing good works in Jesus name so that they will become saved by their works.

Truster

HOW TO BE SAVED

''Salvation always has been and always will be by faith.''

Actually it's by grace and through trust (faith). Ephesians 2:8 KJV

nikolai_42

Many are doing good works in Jesus name so that they will become saved by their works.

I think you've oversimplified the matter - and thereby lost much of the power of the passage. Doing something "in Jesus' name" is not something that is done without faith in Jesus - which is what you seem to be claiming. If someone had faith in their own abilities, they would be doing this in their own name.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

They don't believe in the Jesus of scripture (2 Ti 3:13).

"Man's own religion usually descends to the fleshly life to which they themselves practice." ~ Jim Andrews Ro 8:13

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Doing something "in Jesus' name" is not something that is done without faith in Jesus...

Sure it is. They are doing their
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
good works in Jesus name and they aren't Christ followers at all. Mt 7:22

Many claim to be Christians :blabla: but they are not the real deal. :poly: 2 Ti 3:13

Robert Pate

Banned
I think you've oversimplified the matter - and thereby lost much of the power of the passage. Doing something "in Jesus' name" is not something that is done without faith in Jesus - which is what you seem to be claiming. If someone had faith in their own abilities, they would be doing this in their own name.

I think that you need to read the scripture again.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

And the will of Jesus Christ is that we repent and believe the gospel.

The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel. (Mark 1:15 NKJV)​

nikolai_42

It is very apparent in Matthew 7:21-23 that Jesus was talking to people that were trusting in themselves and not in him.

The scripture speaks for its self.

That doesn't change what He said. "Trusted in" and "knew" are not the same terms. They may well have trusted in themselves, but even if they didn't, it doesn't necessarily follow that Christ knows them in the sense written.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If one doesnt believe the Gospel, they do not do the will of the Father ! Tulip is the Gospel !
TULIP is not the Gospel. This is the gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Tulip is only an acronym for a system.