"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many are doing good works in Jesus name so that they will become saved by their works.

And they fall into the third category.

Will Rogers said:
There are three kinds of people. There's them that learn by readin' and there's them that learn by watchin'. Then there's that third type that's gotta whizzz on the electric fence for themselves

ezra.eskriba

It doesn't bother me one bit.

I am not trusting in my works or a religion for my salvation.

My faith is in Christ and in Christ alone.

I think the "work" being specified is doing the legalistic act in order to be saved. They do a legalistic act because someone might think that if you don't do that you are disqualified... and if you do you are qualified.

But we have to think too that the reciprocal of doing what is "good" which is "work" is doing what is "bad and evil". Well I believe that if we sin it will disqualify you in the salvation and the Lord will blot out your name in the book of life.

It simply means if you receive Christ, yes your name is written in the book of life which is by grace.. and if you have no regard for that grace and sin, the Lord will blot you out.

The argument could be:

1. If you do "good works" you will go to heaven - it shouldn't be this way because we believe that salvation is by grace
2. If you don't do "good works" you will go to hell - *i think this is the part that is misunderstood... which should be..
if you do "what is evil" you will go to hell because you'll be blotted out by the Holy One.

Doing what is evil is totally different from *not doing good work.
And we do know that doing what is wrong and evil, the Lord hates..

If we are in Christ then we should walk as Jesus did. If we claim to know him then we should do what he is doing... any wrong doing is of the devil and not from God.

--

CherubRam

"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ, John 6:40.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

HOW TO BE SAVED

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Not faith in a doctrine or a religion. The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved renounce whatever you are trusting in, whether it be Calvinism, Catholicism, or whatever and place all of your faith in Christ and in Christ alone. Jesus is the savior, not what you do, or in what you have become. In the judgment the only thing that is going to stand is the righteousness of Christ. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him and in him alone, you will perish.

Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
That means there is a church government that deceives with false miracles.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think the "work" being specified is doing the legalistic act in order to be saved. They do a legalistic act because someone might think that if you don't do that you are disqualified... and if you do you are qualified.

But we have to think too that the reciprocal of doing what is "good" which is "work" is doing what is "bad and evil". Well I believe that if we sin it will disqualify you in the salvation and the Lord will blot out your name in the book of life.

It simply means if you receive Christ, yes your name is written in the book of life which is by grace.. and if you have no regard for that grace and sin, the Lord will blot you out.

The argument could be:

1. If you do "good works" you will go to heaven - it shouldn't be this way because we believe that salvation is by grace
2. If you don't do "good works" you will go to hell - *i think this is the part that is misunderstood... which should be..
if you do "what is evil" you will go to hell because you'll be blotted out by the Holy One.

Doing what is evil is totally different from *not doing good work.
And we do know that doing what is wrong and evil, the Lord hates..

If we are in Christ then we should walk as Jesus did. If we claim to know him then we should do what he is doing... any wrong doing is of the devil and not from God.

--

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him posses the Holy Spirit.

It is the Spirit working in the Christians life that will produce the good works. It is all of God, Ephesians 2:10.

The Christian always lives his life before God as a sinner. A saved sinner.

ezra.eskriba

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him posses the Holy Spirit.

It is the Spirit working in the Christians life that will produce the good works. It is all of God, Ephesians 2:10.

The Christian always lives his life before God as a sinner. A saved sinner.

Amen then we are aligned with the gospel... we are all "saved sinner". The Holy Spirit is our seal... :)

EPH 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

and again...

2 COR 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

:)

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
That means there is a church government that deceives with false miracles.

I believe that organized religion and the Catholic church are the false church. They will be easily deceived by miracles.

beloved57

So, what are you going to say in the judgment?

You apparently don't believe that you are saved by faith alone.

If it isn't by faith alone, then it must be by something else other than faith alone. What is it?

What are you going to say in the Judgment when you find out that you are a unbeliever and blasphemer ?

Cruciform

So, what are you going to say in the judgment?
Absolutely nothing. I'll simply be grateful for God's saving grace.

You apparently don't believe that you are saved by faith alone.
Of course not, since neither did Jesus, the apostles, the early Church, or Christ's one historic Church down to our own day [SOURCE]

If it isn't by faith alone, then it must be by something else other than faith alone. What is it?
See source cited above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
Absolutely nothing. I'll simply be grateful for God's saving grace.

Of course not, since neither did Jesus, the apostles, the early Church, or Christ's one historic Church down to our own day [SOURCE]

See source cited above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

No doubt about it, you will be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we group. Matthew 7:21-23.

Robert Pate

Banned
Already categorically refuted in Post #76 above.

Back to Post #44.

Do you really believe that God is going to accept the works or the obedience of sinners?

God only accepts our perfect representative, Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved you will have to be accepted in him.

If any one goes to heaven it will have to be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Cruciform

Do you really believe that God is going to accept the works or the obedience of sinners?
No, that's merely your Straw Man Fallacy. Rather, we believe that God accepts the obedience of those whom Christ has enabled with his grace. It is all the grace of the Lord.

If any one goes to heaven it will have to be on the merits of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Post #76.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+