"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

genuineoriginal

If the apostle Paul refered to himself as... "The Chief of Sinners" where does that leave you and me?
The phrase, "while we were yet sinners," indicates that that was a past condition.

Romans 5:8
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.​

But, since you are claiming you are still a sinner, then you are bound by the Law.

1 Timothy 1:9-10
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;​

Robert Pate

Banned
LOL Who i Robert Pate teaching to rebel? Sounds to me like he is expounding the Gospel. When you meet Jesus go ahead and say "Lord, Lord, have i not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name cast out devils, and in thy name DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS." That's not what I would say if Jesus asked me why I should go to heaven. I'd say, "Because you died for my sins, were buried and resurrected, and I believed you."

And you will hear... "Enter in my good and faithful servant".

genuineoriginal

if Jesus asked me why I should go to heaven. I'd say, "Because you died for my sins, were buried and resurrected, and I believed you."
Telling Jesus that will not earn you this praise.

Matthew 25:23
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

Just make sure you don't earn this condemnation:

Matthew 25:30
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

Nanja

Pray tell what else one must do to be saved besides believe on Christ? You going to work your way to heaven?

Salvation isn't contingent upon on any work a person does, and that includes believing,
but by Grace given to the Elect, those Chosen in Christ, their Surety Head, before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us before the world began

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
v.9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The word "works" in those verses is the Gr. word 'ergon':

I. business, employment, that which any one is occupied

A. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

III. any act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2041&t=KJV

~~~~~

genuineoriginal

Salvation isn't contingent upon on any work a person does, and that includes believing,
but by Grace

Salvation is contingent on faith, without it you will never be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Grace is God's favor towards those that He deems deserves His favor.
God determines who deserves His Grace by their faith.
Salvation is not something that comes from your works.
Salvation is the gift that God gives to those that He decides deserve His favor because of their faith.

The example Paul gives of this faith is the faith of Abraham.

Romans 4:1-3
1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.​

The writer of Hebrews provided a summary of the faith of Abraham.

Hebrews 11:8-19
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.​

If you claim that Abraham did works, you are right, since the only way you can demonstrate your faith to God is through your works.

Nanja

Salvation is contingent on faith, without it you will never be saved.

Believing is a Work as shown in Post 106 right from the scriptures.

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 given John 3:27 in New Birth.
No other way to obtain it!

Only those who were Chosen to Salvation Eph. 1:4-11,
through sanctification of the Spirit, shall Believe the Truth.
The rest shall remain in a lost state permanently.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through
sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

BTW Abraham was of the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, a Child of Promise Gal. 4:28
and Lived by Faith Gal. 3:11 as a result of being Born of the Spirit, just like any other
Elect Child of God. Only then can our works please God:

Rom. 8:7-9
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. v.8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
v.9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,

and Lived by Faith Gal. 3:11 as a result of being Born of the Spirit, just like any other

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neither indeed can be. v.8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
v.9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

~~~~~
She doesn't believe;

Ephesians 2:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Robert Pate

Banned

~~~~~

You will never see heaven because you believe that God is unjust.

It is not possible to believe that God is unjust and be saved.

beloved57

You will never see heaven because you believe that God is unjust.

It is not possible to believe that God is unjust and be saved.

Look who's talking, a person who charges God with being unjust, by saying He will impute sins back to people that He already impute to Christ, which is a lie Rom 4:8