"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

bsmitts

"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ, John 6:40.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Lord, Lord, didn't I become a follower of John Calvin?
Lord, Lord, didn't I Join the Catholic church?
Lord, Lord, wasn't I baptised?
Lord, Lord, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I ?

There are multitudes that believe salvation is the result of them doing something or becoming something. They are trusting in themselves and not in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

HOW TO BE SAVED

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Not faith in a doctrine or a religion. The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ.

If you want to be saved renounce whatever you are trusting in, whether it be Calvinism, Catholicism, or whatever and place all of your faith in Christ and in Christ alone. Jesus is the savior, not what you do, or in what you have become. In the judgment the only thing that is going to stand is the righteousness of Christ. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him and in him alone, you will perish.

Amen!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The secret is in the "many" and the "depart from Me YE..." which is singular

Many will claim to be Christian who are not.

If they HAD done the things they claimed to have done the Lord would have commended them.

They belonged to church but not to Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
The secret is in the "many" and the "depart from Me YE..." which is singular

Many will claim to be Christian who are not.

If they HAD done the things they claimed to have done the Lord would have commended them.

They belonged to church but not to Christ.

They may belong to a church, but it is not Christ's church.

Robert Pate

Banned
"...but now that you say 'We see,' your guilt remains" (Jn. 9:41).

What I see is that religion is not the way. Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way, Matthew 7:13.

Faith in Christ is the way, faith and faith alone, leads to eternal life with Christ.

Cruciform

What I see is that religion is not the way. Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way, Matthew 7:13. Faith in Christ is the way, faith and faith alone, leads to eternal life with Christ.
Already answered (Post #44).