Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

keypurr

Folks fail to realize that Christ is a creation. They believe what they were taught over the years. To see truth one needs to discard tradition to see what was really written.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, I see it all in Heb 1. The Father created his express image first. Before anything else was made. This spirit son laid the foundation of the Universe, created all things, angels included. This son is the spirit of God that moved across the face of the waters in Gen 1.

You are misreading what is said there because in the same chapter the following is said about the Lord Jesus:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb.1:8).​

The author of the book of Hebrews was quoting the following verse from the OT and he applied it to the Lord Jesus:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre"
(Ps.45:6).​

Why should I believe you since the author of the book of Hebrews directly contradicts your views?

Right Divider

Body part
You did not answer what I said here:

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3) and then later he said that lie was to God (v.4).

Common sense dictates that in Peter's mind the Holy Spirit is God.
Many, like jamie, do not use logical reasoning.

It's just simple logic and they refuse to believe.

Right Divider

Body part
And God works through humans to accomplish things in the physical realm. God is Spirit, a holy one. There are also unholy spirits who work through humans. Don't confuse the two. Don't be influenced by the prince of the power of the air.

God lives in us and through us. God lived in and worked through Jesus.

Ananias and wife were not just lying to the man Peter, they were lying to God who was present in Peter.
That's not what the SCRIPTURE said. It said that they lied to the HOLY SPIRIT.

keypurr

You are misreading what is said there because in the same chapter the following is said about the Lord Jesus:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb.1:8).​

The author of the book of Hebrews was quoting the following verse from the OT and he applied it to the Lord Jesus:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre"
(Ps.45:6).​

Most think Paul is the author of Hebrews.

Why should I believe you since the author of the book of Hebrews directly contradicts your views?

There is no contradiction, read the next verse friend.
Notice the words "God, your God", O God has a God so he is NOT the most high. An exact copy of the Father would be a very strong being, only the Father is greater. Every Power that O God had was given to him by his God. The point I am trying to show is that there is only one true most high God, the Father. No power is equal to his.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus did not exist until he was born in Bethlehem.

If that is true why did He say that He came down from heaven?:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

And here:

"What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Those who heard the Lord Jesus say that He is "from above" in the following passage knew that He was claiming to be God:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

So in effect the Lord Jesus was saying that those who do not believe that He is God will die in their sins.

Right Divider

Body part
Common sense dictates that at this time "God" is comprised of two beings, the Father and the Son. Together they are the Holy Spirit.
:kookoo:
You're a loonie jamie.

All THREE share the SAME name....
Matt 28:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

keypurr

If that is true why did He say that He came down from heaven?:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

And here:

"What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Those who heard the Lord Jesus say that He is "from above" in the following passage knew that He was claiming to be God:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

So in effect the Lord Jesus was saying that those who do not believe that He is God will die in their sins.

Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from heaven. The Christ in Jesus did come down from heaven and SPOKE through Jesus. Christ, the spirit son, is the son of man. God sent him to us to enlighten our understanding of himself. Jesus is the flesh son of God that was born to Mary. He is the body prepared to hold the spirit son Christ that God sent from heaven.

Jesus never said he was God, he came to do the will of his Father who is the only true God. Jesus said if you believe in God believe also in me. You need to accept the fact that the son of God came in the flesh to save you. God did not come himself, he sent his son.

Jerry Shugart

O God has a God so he is NOT the most high.

How many Gods do you think exist?

Is the Mighty God spoken of here a different God from God Almighty?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father"
(Isa.9:6).​

Jerry Shugart

Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from heaven.

Then why did He say that He was from above?

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

keypurr

Then why did He say that He was from above?

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​
Consider that the spirit spoke through Jesus.
Do you believe that Jesus was born in Bethlehem?
Then he did not come down from heaven.
Remember the Dove, it came down from heaven.
That was the spirit son that came to live in Jesus.
That is when Jesus received the Holy Spirit and Power.
That is when God declared that this was his son.

Jesus became the Christ when Christ went in him.

Ever ask yourself why a sinless man needed to be baptized?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

An exact copy would be just like the original, that would make two Most High beings which is a contradiction of the term Most High.
Consider that the God who gave the power can take it away, for only he is God. Jesus Christ is the son of the most high. He can never be the most high as God can not die. Creations can.

keypurr

How many Gods do you think exist?

Is the Mighty God spoken of here a different God from God Almighty?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father"
(Isa.9:6).​
The son can be considered a mighty god, but not the most high. After all he was given the fullness of his creator.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christ in Jesus did come down from heaven and SPOKE through Jesus.
Jesus said, "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority, but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." (John 14:10)

Whose words did Jesus speak?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider that the God who gave the power can take it away, for only he is God. Jesus Christ is the son of the most high. He can never be the most high as God can not die. Creations can.

If Christ is not exactly like the Most High then he is not an exact copy is he?

An exact copy is exactly like the original. If there are differences then the copy is not exact.

keypurr

Jesus said, "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority, but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." (John 14:10)

Whose words did Jesus speak?
I believe that when God sends a being, person, angel to us, it is considered God himself delivering the message. Christ is the highest of all messangers, he has been call the word of God, God has done all through his spirit son. He tells him what to say and what to do. The words of Christ would be considered as the words from the Father. It was the son who spoke through Jesus.

keypurr

If Christ is not exactly like the Most High then he is not an exact copy is he?

An exact copy is exactly like the original. If there are differences then the copy is not exact.
Am image is not the original my friend, it is a copy of. The original will always hold more weight than the copy. The power was given to the copy from the original.

I am not gifted with words jamie but I think you might understand what I am trying to display.