Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

keypurr

I would suggest God gave Jesus that gift.

Jesus said, "And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.'" (Matthew 28:18)

Amen, all things come from the Father.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Of course He did. Those who heard Him in the following passage knew that He was claiming to be God and that is why they tried to kill Him:

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by" (Jn.8:58-59).​

They took up stones to cast at Him because He was claiming to be God, the great Ï AM":

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you"
(Ex.3:14).​

That does not say he was God, it says that he existed as is the awaited Christ. He said he came to do the will of his Father. He did not want to come for the price was high, but his God sent him. The Jews did not understand him any more than you do in that verse.

You will never see the truth if you just pick and pick a verse here and there Jerry. Read the entire chapter.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen, all things come from the Father.

The reason I asked is because in post 95 you said, "Consider that the God who gave the power can take it away."

Paul said, "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." (Romans 11:29)

Power is a gift and if God's gifts are irrevocable can they be taken away?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That does not say he was God...

Nor does it say he isn't.

Jesus is not currently a human being because he said flesh and blood cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus is not an angelic being because the angels of God are instructed to worship him.

So what kind of being do you you believe Jesus is? Do you think he is some kind of unknown creature from outer space?

Jesus claimed he was the Son of God, at least the Jews understood what that implied. (John 10:33)

keypurr

The reason I asked is because in post 95 you said, "Consider that the God who gave the power can take it away."

Paul said, "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." (Romans 11:29)

Power is a gift and if God's gifts are irrevocable can they be taken away?
There is nothing God can not do.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Nor does it say he isn't.

Jesus is not currently a human being because he said flesh and blood cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus is not an angelic being because the angels of God are instructed to worship him.

So what kind of being do you you believe Jesus is? Do you think he is some kind of unknown creature from outer space?

Jesus claimed he was the Son of God, at least the Jews understood what that implied. (John 10:33)
I think he is King of Kings, Lord of all creation. He sits in the presents of his God. He is only subjected to the God who made him Lord.

keypurr

keypurr, you're so typical of unbelievers.

I sincerely hope that one day you come to faith.

Your so uninformed friend. You will never know any one who was more faith in Jesus Christ than me. I just do not swallow all the extra garbage that the church teaches. For over seventy years I have studied his word, problem now is my memory fails to remember where the verses are. I went from being a Baptist, to an agnostic, to a Lutheran, now I am a lone ranger. But Christ is entrenched in my heart and someday soon he will call for me. I fear not what lies ahead.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your so uninformed friend. You will never know any one who was more faith in Jesus Christ than me. I just do not swallow all the extra garbage that the church teaches. For over seventy years I have studied his word, problem now is my memory fails to remember where the verses are. I went from being a Baptist, to an agnostic, to a Lutheran, now I am a lone ranger. But Christ is entrenched in my heart and someday soon he will call for me. I fear not what lies ahead.

What Jesus Keypurr, what Jesus? For it is certainly not the Jesus of the Bible.

keypurr

What Jesus Keypurr, what Jesus? For it is certainly not the Jesus of the Bible.

Beg to differ with you my friend.

You have a false God, instilled in you by tradition that was wrong.

Do you realize that the same folks that brought you the Trinity were concerned about falling off the edge of the earth. That the Sun went around the Earth. Do you realize that Christmas and Easter are born from Pagans? Your living in darkness friend. Your church will not be your mediator when you stand in judgement.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Beg to differ with you my friend.

You have a false God, instilled in you by tradition that was wrong.

Do you realize that the same folks that brought you the Trinity were concerned about falling off the edge of the earth. That the Sun went around the Earth. Do you realize that Christmas and Easter are born from Pagans? Your living in darkness friend. Your church will not be your mediator when you stand in judgement.

My God is instilled in me through study of the scriptures. Nothing else is relevant.

keypurr

Can God ignore sin? If he can then there was no reason for Jesus to die for sin.

Scripture says he can't.
Jamie, I never asked myself if there was anything God could not do. I just assumed he can do whatever he wants when he wants. Hope you happy now my mind is starting to smoke.

My bedtime, catch you all tomorrow. God bless

marhig

My God is instilled in me through study of the scriptures. Nothing else is relevant.

What about the holy spirit? without the holy spirit we're dead to God. Through him we are taught all things. Study of the scriptures is good, but nothing compares to being taught be the spirit daily and receiving revelation, it's the most amazing feeling to know God. Not just read the Bible, but to actually know him and know he's there and know that he's showing you things and opening your eyes and ears.

I'm afraid you're wrong about Jesus, you all pick out a few verses, yet you ignore all the verses that prove that God is the God of Jesus Christ? And worse still, many Trinitarians here tell those who don't believe in the trinity that they are wrong and they don't belong to God, yet nowhere in the Bible does it say that we must believe in the trinity to be saved!

I can give you verse after verse after verse to show you that God is the God of Jesus but you all just bypass all of them. They are in the Bible, but what you are telling us to believe in isn't. There is no such thing as three Gods in one, there is one God and the Bible says he is the father and Jesus said this himself too!

Also, I read this last night

Ephesians 1 from v17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church

Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Last edited:

marhig

Can God ignore sin? If he can then there was no reason for Jesus to die for sin.

Scripture says he can't.
Jesus lived for sinners and he was dead to his flesh and didn't live to do his will but he came to do the will of God and he was alive in God with the full power of the holy spirit, he came to bare witness to the truth and bring us the gospel of reconciliation, and those who believe on him are reconciled to God by believing in the word, and they are saved by his life. By him resurrected in our hearts by the holy spirit, and he then strengthens us every day to overcome.

And once we know the truth, then we are judged on that.