Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3) and then later he said that lie was to God (v.4).

Common sense dictates that in Peter's mind the Holy Spirit is God.

Yes, God is the source of the Holy Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

We also read:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

There is only ONE on the throne of God and of the Lamb---"they shall see His face."

And the One on the throne of God and of the Lamb says that He is God and He also says that He is "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the end":

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Since there can only be One Alpha and Omega and only One Who is the beginning and the end that means that the Lord Jesus is the God:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Therefore, we can know that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah, the Only One who can be described as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The reference to the "Father" in this verse is not speaking of the First Person of the Godhead but instead Jehovah the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24

Jesus is the God Man. He is all that man can be and all that God can be in one person

Nope.

Jesus was saying He is the Messiah when He said I an He.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Have you received that revelation?

or do you follow the teachings of the RCC?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We also read:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

There is only ONE on the throne of God and of the Lamb---"they shall see His face."

And the One on the throne of God and of the Lamb says that He is God and He also says that He is "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the end":

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Since there can only be One Alpha and Omega and only One Who is the beginning and the end that means that the Lord Jesus is the God:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Therefore, we can know that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah, the Only One who can be described as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."

The reference to the "Father" in this verse is not speaking of the First Person of the Godhead but instead Jehovah the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Nope.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

You do not really know the man do you.

LA

beameup

Nope.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

LA
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him to death. - John 10:30-31

beameup

Nope.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Have you received that revelation?

or do you follow the teachings of the RCC?

LA
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him to death. - John 10:30-31

Jerry Shugart

It is you who does not know the identity of the Lord Jesus and that is why you quoted the following words of mine and then IGNORED them:

It is also a fact that Thomas knew that the Lord Jesus is God, as witnessed by his following words spoken to Him:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" (Jn.20:28).​

Jerry Shugart

No, He said that He was from "above" and the Jews who heard Him knew that He was claiming to be God:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

As the following verses demonstrate, the Lord Jesus came down from heaven:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

And here:

"What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Of course the Lord Jesus came down from heaven and it is obvious that He is the One here in "bold":

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones"
(Isa.57:15).​

Due to your pride you continue to insist that the Lord Jesus is not Jehovah even though it is obvious that He is and those who deny that truth will die in their sins. Are you really willing to risk your eternal destiny on your insistence that you know more about the Lord Jesus than those who personally knew Him? Here is what Thomas said to Him:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​

That will be one gamble which you will regret throughout eternity!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Yes, and the Lord Jesus also said this:

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (Jn.14:9).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You did not answer what I said here:

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3) and then later he said that lie was to God (v.4).

And God works through humans to accomplish things in the physical realm. God is Spirit, a holy one. There are also unholy spirits who work through humans. Don't confuse the two. Don't be influenced by the prince of the power of the air.

God lives in us and through us. God lived in and worked through Jesus.

Ananias and wife were not just lying to the man Peter, they were lying to God who was present in Peter.

Jerry Shugart

Ananias and wife were not just lying to the man Peter, they were lying to God who was present in Peter.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, we know that God dwells in us and we one with them.

That does not answer what I said here:

In fact, no one has yet provided any evidence that refutes what I said. And why shouldn't we believe that the Godhead is a compand unity, especially with this verse in view?:

"God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Gen.1:26).​

And we, though many, are one with them.

When people see you are they seeing the Father?:

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
(Jn.14:9).​