Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

Jerry Shugart

Here we see that the LORD Jehovah is God Almighty:

"And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them" (Ex.6:203).​

The following verses reveal that Jesus Christ is the Alpha and the Omega and the beginning and the ending. He is also the Almighty:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega" then the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, Jehovah.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It seems Jesus and Paul disagree with you.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

COGTHW

"And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them" (Ex.6:203).​

The following verses reveal that Jesus Christ is the Alpha and the Omega and the beginning and the ending. He is also the Almighty:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega" then the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, Jehovah.

The only reason people are fighting us is because they think we are saying Jesus the man is God.

But thank God we are not blind and know that, that fleshly man was just a cover up, hahaha Glory to God Jesus Christ

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Glory to God the devil got people so blind, Jesus said the Father name is Jesus.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

GLORY TO GOD JESUS IS GOD.!!

COGTHW

Of course you did not even attempt to prove that anything which I said is in error. Instead, you want to change the subject in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer to what I said!

As a matter of fact the Scriptures say

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jerry Shugart

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

You fail to understand that the Scriptures speak of the Father in two different ways. One is as the First Person of the Godhead and we can see that the Godhead is a compound unity here:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
(Gen.1:26-27).​

On the other hand, in the following verse Jehovah is described as being the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand"
(Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

It seems Jesus and Paul disagree with you.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Again, the reference to the "Father" in this verse is not speaking of the First Person of the Godhead but instead Jehovah the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand
" (Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

The Apostle John recorded these words of the Lord Jesus about "eternal life" and here is what John says about the Lord Jesus at another place:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The word "Jehovah" is not in the Hebrew, it's an invention of men.

The actual term is YHVH. Men can add whatever vowels they choose but that doesn't make it scriptural.

We should stick to the script ural.

Robert Pate

Banned

Good article Jerry. Jesus was also co-creator with God, Colossians 1:15-19.

COGTHW

Of course you did not even attempt to prove that anything which I said is in error. Instead, you want to change the subject in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer to what I said!

God has no co-creator
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
God don't have no co-creator
Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

He that is God created all things by His self.

Jerry Shugart

Thanks,Robert!

I too believe that the Lord Jesus is the co-creator with the two others who make up the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Gen.1:26).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I too believe that the Lord Jesus is the co-creator with the two others who make up the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Gen.1:26).​

We know from scripture and from experience that it only takes two to make a baby. It takes a father and a mother.

The person who causes a woman to become pregnant is the father. Mary became pregnant by the power of the Father. This is the same power used to create the heavens and earth. Scripture does not support three persons involved in creation nor in making Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
God has no co-creator
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
God don't have no co-creator
Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

He that is God created all things by His self.

Not according to the scriptures. Colossians 1:15-19.

Jerry Shugart

Scripture does not support three persons involved in creation nor in making Jesus.

The Lord Jesus is the co-creator with the two others who make up the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."
(Gen.1:26).​

When we look at the following passage we can know that the Holy Spirit is a member of the Godhead:

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God" (Acts 5:3-4).​

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and he also said that she lied to God. This affirms the Holy Spirit's deity.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God is Spirit.

Jesus is a man.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

God is Spirit.

Jesus is a man.

LA

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24

Jesus is the God Man. He is all that man can be and all that God can be in one person

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When we look at the following passage we can know that the Holy Spirit is a member of the Godhead:

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God" (Acts 5:3-4).​

It was by the power of the Holy Spirit that Mary became pregnant. The Holy Spirit is the power of the Father and the resurrected Jesus.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit."

Mary was not impregnated through physical sex, she was impregnated by the Father through his Spirit. The Father works in the physical realm through the agency of his Holy Spirit.

KingdomRose

Sorry, guy....you'd better back up. You are outright ignoring all the rest of the Bible. Revelation 1:7,8 does not refer to Jesus. It is referring to Jehovah. Jehovah is referred to OFTEN in the New Testament, though most people don't know that because men removed the Tetragrammaton from later manuscripts. People easily get confused because of that. Revelation 22:12,13 also refers to Jehovah, not Jesus. BOTH Jehovah and Jesus are said to be "coming" at Malachi 3:1-6. It is plainly evident that there will be a JOINT judgment by Jehovah and his "messenger of the covenant."

"Suddenly there will come to His temple the true Lord, whom you people are seeking, and the messenger of the covenant in whom you are delighting. 'Look! He will certainly come,' Jehovah of armies has said.'And I will come near to you people for judgment, and I will become a speedy witness against sorcerers...adulterers, [etc.]'"

At Isaiah 26:21 Jehovah speaks of himself as coming to execute judgment.

"For look! Jehovah is coming forth from his place to call to account the error of the inhabitant of the land against him..."

Therefore, it can be seen that Jehovah AND Jesus are "coming"---a joint judgment. To say that Jesus is the Almighty God Jehovah is erroneous. I have asked you before to explain the following verses that show that Jehovah and Jesus are separate individuals, but you haven't been able to so far, to my knowledge:

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.'" (Psalm 110:1)

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell the good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those captive...[etc.]" (Isaiah 61:1

You will notice that in Psalm 110 Jehovah speaks to Jesus. Is he really talking to himself?

In Isaiah 61 Jesus says that Jehovah anointed him and Jehovah sent him. How can they be the same person? (BTW, Jesus applied that scripture to himself, as being the one being sent, at Luke 4:18-21.)

Will you explain those two Scriptures please?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Gen.1:26).​

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and he also said that she lied to God. This affirms the Holy Spirit's deity.

Ananias was male, not a she.

We are the personification of the Holy Spirit. When Ananias lied to Peter he lied to the Holy Spirit.

Paul said, "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."

Jesus purchased the church with his death. As ambassadors of Christ we are the manifestation of the Spirit of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Sorry, guy....you'd better back up. You are outright ignoring all the rest of the Bible. Revelation 1:7,8 does not refer to Jesus. It is referring to Jehovah.

Only Jehovah can refer to Himself as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."

And that is exactly the way that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself:

Revelation 22:12,13 also refers to Jehovah, not Jesus

Then why do we read, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus"?

BOTH Jehovah and Jesus are said to be "coming" at Malachi 3:1-6.

Not in my Bible:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts"
(Mal.3:1).​

At Isaiah 26:21 Jehovah speaks of himself as coming to execute judgment.

That proves that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah because it is the Lord Jesus who comes to execute judgment:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:31-34,41).​

Therefore, it can be seen that Jehovah AND Jesus are "coming"---a joint judgment.

The verses which I quoted only speak of the Lord Jesus coming to execute judgment. Therfore, it is evident that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah.

Will you explain those two Scriptures please?

I have answered many of your points so it is your turn to answer my points. Then I will explain those two passages from the Scriptures.

Thanks!

Last edited: