Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More notes on Revelation........

More notes on Revelation........

freelght, you continue to insist that the Lord Jesus is a created being despite the fact that He describes Himself as Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the same way that the Almighty God describes Himself:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And from what the Apostle John says at Revelation 22:20 we can know that the Lord Jesus describes Himself in the same exact way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

So unless you can answer these facts I will continue to believe that the Lord Jesus is God and therefore not a created being.

Hi JS,

Besides my original dissertation on this here, and our other exchanges thereon,...I think I've explained my main observations so far. There is a pattern in Revelation where it is The Father who first identifies himself as as the 'Lord God' but some manuscripts left out the word 'God' after 'Lord' and only render it 'Lord' as in your version quoted above. Also majority texts OMIT the 'Beginning and End' from this verse. So it actually reads -

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” - NASB

Notice the different in this manuscript translation, and that only in this verse (which I propose is designating the FATHER), is the one being described as the 'Almighty' because it is the 'Lord God' while Jesus the Son thru which he works thru in time, is mentioned more as being the 'Beginning and End' of God's works.

The Lord God, the 'Almighty' (The Father) is further referenced -

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.”

15 Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.” 16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying,

“We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign."

-Rev. 11

2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious [a]over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God. 3 And they *sang the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying,

“Great and marvelous are Your works,
O Lord God, the Almighty;
Righteous and true are Your ways,
King of the nations (or 'ages')!

-Rev. 15

So we see that the 'Lord God' alone is 'Almighty', who is true God, the eternal Father. 'God' always has primacy, while the Son, depicted as the conquering King and the Lamb is ever subordinate to 'God', and naturally does inherit God's Name or whatever titles may be designated, since Jesus is the Firstborn, the Beginning and end of God's revelation to man, the archetype and person thru which 'God' makes himself known. Many passages refer to the kingdom of God and his Christ,....Jesus making a kingdom of priests unto his God and Father,...of God and the Lamb, etc. They are of course two distinct personages being refered to here, being in one accord. As Jesus said,...if you have seen me, you have seen the Father. Unitarians wholly agree, and worship God and Jesus accordingly, but do not accept the orthodox definition of the Trinity within the relational context. This doesn't demean Jesus.

As I may have shared elsewhere,...from a higher universal viewpoint, these are but mere cosmetics in the over-all terrain of Spirit, since we all are being drawn by the Christ to enter into worship and communion with the Father, thru the Son, no matter how you describe the metaphysical details involved. Revelation is loaded with figurative language whereby we interpret such symbols and metaphors in a 'relational' and 'spiritual' sense...and still the truth is that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Spirit alone is LIFE. This is what we are to key in on,....being in tune with the Spirit, worshipping the Father. In this understanding, Jesus is not being discounted or diminished in any way, but is respected in every way that he reveals 'God' to us, as Immanuel.

Last edited: