Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

keypurr

Yes... that is scriptural
Then you must believe in multiple Gods? Isn't Jesus the "mighty God and everlasting Father"? Doesn't God the Father also call the son "God" ?Heb.18

There is only one God

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Your God has a God.

1:8 But of the son He said: Your throne, O Elohim, is for ever and ever......, AENT

I see Christ as a god, not God. There is only one YHWH.

keypurr

Why don't you tell me exactly what I said in my OP that is in error?

Your words:
There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega" then the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, Jehovah.

Very questionable.

Christ is the FIRST creation. God created all through him, even time. That would mean that both the Father and the Son can be considered as "Alpha and Omega"

Jerry Shugart

Your words:
There can be no doubt that since there can only be ONE "Alpha and Omega" then the Lord Jesus is the Almighty God, Jehovah.

Very questionable.

Christ is the FIRST creation. God created all through him, even time. That would mean that both the Father and the Son can be considered as "Alpha and Omega"

If the Father existed before the Lord Jesus then He would not say that He is the beginning and the ending and the Alpha and the Omega.Besides, you IGNORED the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus said that God is His Father and the Jews understood that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding then surely the Lord Jesus would have denied that He was making Himself equal to God.

In fact, in the same discourse He claimed to be able to raise the dead (v.21) and said that the Father had committed all judgment to Him (v.22). He also said this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"
(v.23).​

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus would say that men should honor Him as they honor the Father if He wasn't God?

being equal with God does not mean that such a one is God.

It was the man Jesus who was equal with God when God had united Himself with His son.

For the reason that you do not recognize the Father was united with His son after His baptism by John, you therefore do not believe truly.

You try to say Jesus is His own Father,

or that there is more than one God of creation,

and that God became a man, instead of knowing that the man was fashioned not only at birth but in His growing by the living Word of God.

You have been called to know Gods son who is a man Jesus by which you can get to know our Heavenly Father.

but you want a short cut.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

It was the man Jesus who was equal with God when God had united Himself with His son.

For the reason that you do not recognize the Father was united with His son after His baptism by John, you therefore do not believe truly.

You try to say Jesus is His own Father,

or that there is more than one God of creation,

and that God became a man, instead of knowing that the man was fashioned not only at birth but in His growing by the living Word of God.

You have been called to know Gods son who is a man Jesus by which you can get to know our Heavenly Father.

but you want a short cut.

LA

A few weeks ago, in another thread, I said that you didn't believe that Jesus was GOD.
You replied and covered up the fact.

Thank you for letting all of us know now, what you truly believe.

:thumb:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A few weeks ago, in another thread, I said that you didn't believe that Jesus was GOD.
You replied and covered up the fact.

Thank you for letting all of us know now, what you truly believe.

:thumb:

It is difficult to explain the truth to some people who stumble so easily over words.

Jesus was MADE both Lord and Christ. I do believe Jesus is God but not as you think it means.

God anointed Jesus without measure.

Jesus had to overcome before He was proclaimed to be God over the Fathers creation.

God is one person, the Father of Jesus, who we know as our Father in Heaven.

You speak as if it is wrong to believe the Bible, because you have it all wrong like the RCC.

God is one person, not three.

LA

Jerry Shugart

It is difficult to discuss this subject with someone who is willing to stand reason on its head, as you do when you said this:

According to you a mere "man" can be equal to God. But why didn't you answer my question in regard to what the the Lord Jesus said here?:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (v.23).​

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus would say that men should honor Him as they honor the Father if He wasn't God?

Jerry Shugart

Your words:Christ is the FIRST creation. God created all through him, even time. That would mean that both the Father and the Son can be considered as "Alpha and Omega"

How can the Lord Jesus be a created being since "by him were all things created":

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Col.1:16).​

If you are right then we must somehow be able to trick our minds into believing that the Lord Jesus created Himself!

keypurr

How can the Lord Jesus be a created being since "by him were all things created":

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Col.1:16).​

If you are right then we must somehow be able to trick our minds into believing that the Lord Jesus created Himself!

Jerry for four years I have been posting the answer to you question.

Heb 1:3 tells you God created his exact image, a spirit like himself. And he was pleased that this Son had the fullness of himself. This spirit son is firstborn of all creatures, his first creation. God created everything through this first creation. No Trick my friend just truth as it is written. There is only one express image of the Father. And there is only one true God, the Son has was given the power of the father but still is a creation. The Father and the Son are the we/us/our mentioned in the book of Genenis.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You still avoid the questions.
(Yes, Jesus the "second man" was physically dead)

Your question does not make sense to me. I've provided several answers as best I can, what is it you are looking for?

My answer is this: the Father and the Son are present in each of us as the Holy Spirit for a reason. What do you believe is the reason?

If we are one with them then in what way are we different other than being different persons?

We are not the Father, we are not the Son ... we are the bride. Marriage is a God plane relationship. God said it is not good for man to be alone, that includes his Son. Once we have God's Spirit he no longer considers us flesh.

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.​

Are you flesh or are you Spirit?

6days

Heb 1:3 tells you God created his exact image, a spirit like himself.
Then for years you have misrepresented scripture. You reject Heb.1:3 telling us that Jesus is not the exact image of God, calling Jesus a created being.
This spirit son is firstborn of all creatures, his first creation.
Spirit son? Why not use the same language scripture uses instead of inventing names. Jesus has many titles and names in scripture...use one of those.
Scripture does not say Jesus is the first creation. He is the firstborn of creation. Notice in scripture that 'firstborn' is a title, and does not mean the person is even the first born person in a family.

6days

Heb 1:3 tells you God created his exact image, a spirit like himself.
Then for years you have misrepresented scripture. You reject Heb.1:3 telling us that Jesus is not the exact image of God, calling Jesus a created being.
Spirit son? Why not use the same language scripture uses instead of inventing names. Jesus has many titles and names in scripture...use one of those.
Scripture does not say Jesus is the first creation. He is the firstborn of creation. Notice in scripture that 'firstborn' is a title, and does not mean the person is even the first born person in a family.

Jerry Shugart

When we examine the context where the word "firstborn" is used in regard to the Lord Jesus we can see that it has nothing to do with Him being created:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence" (Col.1:15-18).​

Since you say that He was created then when do you say that it happened?

keypurr

The exact image of a spirit is another spirit, it that above your ability to understand? Jesus was flesh, human. He could bleed, spirits do not bleed.

Jesus was not at the creation, but the spirit son, Christ, was. The spirit son IS FIRSTBORN of all creatures. God created all through this son. Jesus came many many, years later.

You need to think about what you read. If Christ created everything for his Father he had to be firstborn. And since he is firstborn of all creatures he is not God. He is the greatest of all creations given the power of his creator.

The word firstborn is used in two ways in scripture.
1. First to be born
2. First in importance
Christ is both.

keypurr

When we examine the context where the word "firstborn" is used in regard to the Lord Jesus we can see that it has nothing to do with Him being created:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence" (Col.1:15-18).​

Since you say that He was created then when do you say that it happened?

Jerry, I see it all in Heb 1. The Father created his express image first. Before anything else was made. This spirit son laid the foundation of the Universe, created all things, angels included. This son is the spirit of God that moved across the face of the waters in Gen 1.

Jesus was born as the saviour, the Lamb, the sacrifice. He was the body God prepared for the true son to dwell in. Heb 10:5. Jesus did not exist until he was born in Bethlehem. But the spirit son did, the spirit son spoke and worked in that body prepared for him.

It goes deep friend, but it is true. Christ existed from the beginning and Jesus was born to Mary. The two became one when the time was right as foretold in Daniel.