Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you believe in the two in one?

No, I believe in three-in-one: the Father, the Son, the Son's bride.

The Father and Son are the Holy Spirit and we are the personification of the Holy Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't get it. You are part of a triune God? Do you have the same attributes as Jehovah God?

John 17:20-23 I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us that the world may believe that You sent Me.

And the glory which You gave Me I have given them that they may be one just as We are one: I in them and You in Me that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.​

God is one.

6days

John 17:20-23 I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us that the world may believe that You sent Me.

And the glory which You gave Me I have given them that they may be one just as We are one: I in them and You in Me that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.​

God is one.

You did not answer... are you part of a triune God? Do you have the same attributes as Jehovah God?

Jerry Shugart

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Again, the reference to the "Father" in this verse is not speaking of the First Person of the Godhead but instead Jehovah the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand
" (Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

And this verse confirms that truth:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father" (Isa.9:6).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You did not answer... are you part of a triune God? Do you have the same attributes as Jehovah God?

I'm not sure what you mean by triune, but I take it you don't believe the Father's children are like him.

Jesus is the last Adam so there won't be any other persons who can impart immortality, which is one of the attributes I suppose you are referring to, right?

Jerry Shugart

God is one.​

Yes, God is one. But in order to understand the Trinity you must first understand the concept of "composite unity." Here is an example of that unity:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" (Gen.3:24).​

Just as a husband and a wife are "one flesh" so can the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit be "one God."

The following words in "bold" demonstrate the principle of "composite unity" within the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
(Gen.1:26-27).​

Last edited:

keypurr

Joh_14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Joh_17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Kind of destroys the OP.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry,

You deny the Son by saying Jesus fathered himself.

The Lord Jesus said that God is His Father and the Jews understood that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding then surely the Lord Jesus would have denied that He was making Himself equal to God.

In fact, in the same discourse He claimed to be able to raise the dead (v.21) and said that the Father had committed all judgment to Him (v.22). He also said this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"
(v.23).​

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus would say that men should honor Him as they honor the Father if He wasn't God?

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, God is one. But in order to understand the Trinity you must first understand the concept of "composite unity." Here is an example of that unity:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" (Gen.3:24).​

Just as a husband and a wife are "one flesh" so can the Father and Son and Holy Spirit be "one God."

Yes, I agree that the Holy Spirit is a composite unity of Father and Son and their unity is imparted to us so that we become one with them.

6days

I'm not sure what you mean by triune
You still avoid answering... I think you know what triune means?
but I take it you don't believe the Father's children are like him.
We are MADE in God's image Gen. 1:26
Jesus IS the image of God. Col. 1:15
You are not a Holy being who has existed eternally.
We are part of first Adam...beings with a sinful nature.
Jesus is the last Adam so there won't be any other persons who can impart immortality, which is one of the attributes I suppose you are referring to, right?
You avoid answering questions which would reveal heretical beliefs... Do you have the same attributes as Jehovah God?
Yes...Jesus is Last Adam.... but notice He is also "second man". Jesus was only the second man to come into the world sinless. ! Cor.15:47.
All humanity is part of first Adam who disobeyed God. (Rom.5:12) Jesus, the "second man" obeyed God, and was 'obedient even to the death of the cross.' Phil. 2:8