Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Tnkrbl123!

Jesus said all the Torah and the Prophets are fulfilled in two commands.

That's God's religion in a nutshell.

It's something we all can do if we grab the Power.

I think you are missing the whole point of his post. it covers this in detail I just think you might do well to read it again because you may have missed the main thesis.

Tnkrbl123!

So that when you finally admitted you can't keep His commandments perfectly, you would turn to Him for His mercy and GRACE.....receiving the free gift of eternal life, and rest from trying to earn it.

Which shows the purpose of the law is to bring us UNTO Christ. You think you have to stay under the schoolmaster (law of commandments), but you were never meant to stay there. You're supposed to recognize that you just can't be perfect. So you fall on your knees and thank Him for the FREE GIFT of salvation (eternal life).

Gal. 3:24-25 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

That answer was very profound and deep. Thanks for posting it. I think so many people just read this thread looking for a way to argue about it. Or they are all so works oriented they are missing the ENTIRE point to.
Some may think we need to keep the commands or believe or have faith or any other way of obtaining salvation, and they will fight till they are blue in the face. But the beautiful point is exactly what you and Robert and a couple others are shouting from the rooftop. None of those things would matter in the first place and all the faith in the world would mean absolutely nothing unless Jesus came FIRST. Unless Jesus came in flesh and was the perfect sacrifice, the sinless Lamb of God died and was resurrected FIRST! It is ALL ONLY because of the glorious grace of God! Amen! Hallelujah!

Tnkrbl123!

That wasn't Robert's point. He said our righteousness is in heaven.

So where is heaven?

Where is the Father?

He meant that our righteousness is CHRIST and Christ is at the right hand of the Father in heaven. You missed the whole point love

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great. Do you love GM? How's those commandment keepings going? :chuckle:

I can not say I love GM.

but I do not hate him either.

I would not choose to live forever with him in his present hateful state.

On second thoughts I would have no difficulty in smashing him in the teeth, I love him so much.

I know he hates me and all who speak the truth.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Why not ask GM.

LA

glorydaz

I can not say I love GM.

but I do not hate him either.

I would not choose to live forever with him in his present hateful state.

On second thoughts I would have no difficulty in smashing him in the teeth, I love him so much.

I rest my case. :chuckle:

Why not ask GM.

LA

Because GM is not under the law of commandments, and doesn't claim to have to follow them. He is under Grace, and thanks that Lord for it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I rest my case. :chuckle:

Because GM is not under the law of commandments, and doesn't claim to have to follow them. He is under Grace, and thanks that Lord for it.

So you do not believe the words of John the Apostle.

Your idea of Grace is that as long as you believe, then you can do or say anything you like and there will be no consequences for you.

as GM also believes.

You openly have admitted that there might be reason for my hating GM, yet neither you or he could care less about him ceasing from doing evil.

LA

glorydaz

So you do not believe the words of John the Apostle.

Your idea of Grace is that as long as you believe, then you can do or say anything you like and there will be no consequences for you.

as GM also believes.

You openly have admitted that there might be reason for my hating GM, yet neither you or he could care less about him ceasing from doing evil.

LA

Oh I believe the words of John and I believe the words of Jesus when He walked the earth, but I live by what the risen Lord revealed to Paul concerning the Gospel of Grace. The law of commandments were given to show men their sin and to lead them to Christ. Nothing more...since the only ONE who ever kept the Law was the Lord Jesus Christ. He did that because we couldn't. It's why Paul tells us that Jesus Christ is the END OF THE LAW for those who believe. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. I can only assume the veil has not yet been pulled away from your eyes.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh I believe the words of John and I believe the words of Jesus when He walked the earth, but I live by what the risen Lord revealed to Paul concerning the Gospel of Grace. The law of commandments were given to show men their sin and to lead them to Christ. Nothing more...since the only ONE who ever kept the Law was the Lord Jesus Christ. He did that because we couldn't. It's why Paul tells us that Jesus Christ is the END OF THE LAW for those who believe. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. I can only assume the veil has not yet been pulled away from your eyes.

John speaks of the law of the Spirit.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He meant that our righteousness is CHRIST and Christ is at the right hand of the Father in heaven. You missed the whole point love

I know what he meant, but Robert only uses a few select scriptures and ignores the rest.

This one for instance: "Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil..." (1 John 3:7-8)

And this one: "In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother." (1 John 3:10)

Robert denies that Jesus' righteousness must be manifest in our life to benefit us.

Robert insists that we sit back and do nothing, that Jesus is no longer working.

Robert does not approve of the Calvinistic faith so he says they are not his brothers.

The same for Catholics.

glorydaz

I am confused because you are advocating Christians to anarchy, and I have never ever heard that from any Christian in my life.

No, he is advocating no such thing. Paul tells us the Law was made for the ungodly. Believers don't need laws to keep them from doing wrong. We have the Spirit residing in us...guiding and conforming us into the image of Christ.

glorydaz

But..... are you...? I don't know.....
Some of your posts to others, seem to be so rude, so condescending...... I would not expect that from an evangelist of any kind.

Matthew 7:15, 16 and 20
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? ...
.......... 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Being rude to those who refuse to listen doesn't mean someone is a false prophet. Jesus was quite "rude" to the pharisees, too, if you care to look.

glorydaz

We may be sinners, but once we are born of God, we should be turning from sin!

Well, we are new creatures....all things are new. 2 Cor. 5:17KJV

I am confident all believers realize they no longer view the world as they did before being saved. Not all things are profitable or expedient, and we learn that as we are being conformed by God into the image of the Son. The point is that it isn't our doing. It's a result of the "work" God is doing in us.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

SaulToPaul 2

Saved people are to keep Gods commandment to love one another according to the Apostle John.--

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

LA

1 John 5:18 (KJV)

Why do you still sin?

marhig

Well, we are new creatures....all things are new. 2 Cor. 5:17KJV

I am confident all believers realize they no longer view the world as they did before being saved. Not all things are profitable or expedient, and we learn that as we are being conformed by God into the image of the Son. The point is that it isn't our doing. It's a result of the "work" God is doing in us.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

I totally agree regarding it not being our doing, we can't do anything without God. Our flesh is too weak. We need the Holy Spirit to give us the power to overcome. And as we start dying to self and decreasing then we become stronger in God, and as Christ increases in and through us, we start being conformed by God into the image of his holy son, who is made manifest in our flesh. But, we can't carry on living as we did before, because once we are born of God, then we should be born anew, turning away from the lusts of our flesh, and living by the will of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you give me a quote, and explain what you're referring to?

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
1Jn 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

LA