Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Robert Pate

Banned
This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

Become a member of the Catholic church.
Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
Keep the law and the commandments.
Become a good person, stop sinning.
Invite Jesus into your heart.
Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Some of the above are good things to do, but none of the above are what saves us. There is no saving merit in faith. Faith does not save. What saves is what Christ has done in our name and on our behalf. "Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost". Jesus didn't save us by doing something in us (holiness religions, Catholicism) Jesus saved us by doing something totally and completely outside of us. Our faith is what makes the Gospel ours, but it does not save us.

Paul emphasizes this outside of us salvation when he wrote,

"But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

I would like to carry it a bit further. Before we were ever born, "Christ died for us" Salvation is not something that happened when you first accepted Christ as your savior. Salvation is something that happened over 2000 years ago. Salvation happened when Jesus clothed himself in human flesh and came into the world as your savior and representative. His mission was to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. I hardly think so. Are you able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. If you can fulfill the law and atone for your own sins, then there is a chance that you don't need a savior. Of course you would have to do that from birth.

The biggest problem of trying to save yourself is that we are all sinners, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved and accepted only in him. Not because of what we do, or by what we have become. We are saved by his merit and his merit alone. Some will say, "What about my Christian life?" Doesn't that count for something? Paul who was the world's greatest Christian, said,

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. yes doubtless and I count all things as loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and do count them as dung, that I might win Christ and be found in him" Philippians 3:7-9.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law?

Jesus said all the Torah and the Prophets are fulfilled in two commands.

That's God's religion in a nutshell.

It's something we all can do if we grab the Power.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said all the Torah and the Prophets are fulfilled in two commands.

That's God's religion in a nutshell.

It's something we all can do if we grab the Power.

The two commandments are,

Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The two commandments are,

Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.

Jesus wasn't talking to himself. Each person must show love from their heart. No one can love or show feelings for someone else, it must come from within.

glorydaz

Jesus wasn't talking to himself. Each person must show love from their heart. No one can love or show feelings for someone else, it must come from within.

He also said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48.

Can you muster that up from "within" too?

Robert Pate

Banned
He also said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt. 5:48.

"The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In the KJV context perfect means mature in terms of love toward God and neighbor, which fulfilled the Torah and Prophets.

We should not be abusive to each other, including verbal abuse.

glorydaz

In the KJV context perfect means mature in terms of love toward God and neighbor, which fulfilled the Torah and Prophets.

We should not be abusive to each other, including verbal abuse.

It says perfect, and it means perfect. There is only one way to be perfect, and that's to be created IN CHRIST with the righteousness of GOD through faith in Christ.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It says perfect, and it means perfect.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)​

G5046 τέλειος teleios tel'-i-os From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect. (Strong's)

Yes, it means perfect in terms of being complete, being mature.

jsanford108

This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

Become a member of the Catholic church.
Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
Keep the law and the commandments.
Become a good person, stop sinning.
Invite Jesus into your heart.
Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

B]

You list these, then go on to promote some of them. Which makes your "religion" one to be wary of. How can I trust something so contradictory and hypocritical?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)​

G5046 τέλειος teleios tel'-i-os From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect. (Strong's)

Yes, it means perfect in terms of being complete, being mature.

No, not mature, but complete IN HIM. As I stated.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Epoisses

Robert is going to tell us what Christ already accomplished and Jamie is going to tell us what we have to accomplish by keeping the law. God's work is always perfect, finished and complete. Man's work in never perfect, never finished and never complete.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert is going to tell us what Christ already accomplished and Jamie is going to tell us what we have to accomplish by keeping the law. God's work is always perfect, finished and complete. Man's work in never perfect, never finished and never complete.

Right, Jamie is trying to find a way that she can please God by the works of the law.

Paul said, "By the works of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
Does completeness represent spiritual immaturity or does it represent spiritual maturity?

Are the spirits of men ever perfect?

Jesus has perfected our humanity and has taken it to heaven. Our perfection is at the right hand of God in heaven.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

we should be able to read the between the lines of what is being said.

Jesus also says with God, anything is possible.

The HS may help you to be perfect.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Why did Jesus says "if your love Me, keep My commands"?