Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

glorydaz

we should be able to read the between the lines of what is being said.

Jesus also says with God, anything is possible.

The HS may help you to be perfect.

It's only our position in Christ that makes us perfect. We are perfect and complete when we are IN HIM. We are created IN HIM when we believe and trust in HIS OBEDIENCE unto death and His resurrection. His righteousness is accounted as ours. Outside of Christ there is no way we can be good enough to please God.

The trick for you is to figure out how you can get IN HIM. Following behind him and claiming to know Him isn't good enough. The HOLY Spirit will not help you if you are not IN CHRIST.

glorydaz

Why did Jesus says "if your love Me, keep My commands"?

So that when you finally admitted you can't keep His commandments perfectly, you would turn to Him for His mercy and GRACE.....receiving the free gift of eternal life, and rest from trying to earn it.

Which shows the purpose of the law is to bring us UNTO Christ. You think you have to stay under the schoolmaster (law of commandments), but you were never meant to stay there. You're supposed to recognize that you just can't be perfect. So you fall on your knees and thank Him for the FREE GIFT of salvation (eternal life).

Gal. 3:24-25 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

glorydaz

Are we in heaven?

Our body is still right here, but we groan waiting for the resurrection of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

beloved57

This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

Become a member of the Catholic church.
Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
Keep the law and the commandments.
Become a good person, stop sinning.
Invite Jesus into your heart.
Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Some of the above are good things to do, but none of the above are what saves us. There is no saving merit in faith. Faith does not save. What saves is what Christ has done in our name and on our behalf. "Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost". Jesus didn't save us by doing something in us (holiness religions, Catholicism) Jesus saved us by doing something totally and completely outside of us. Our faith is what makes the Gospel ours, but it does not save us.

Paul emphasizes this outside of us salvation when he wrote,

"But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

I would like to carry it a bit further. Before we were ever born, "Christ died for us" Salvation is not something that happened when you first accepted Christ as your savior. Salvation is something that happened over 2000 years ago. Salvation happened when Jesus clothed himself in human flesh and came into the world as your savior and representative. His mission was to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. I hardly think so. Are you able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. If you can fulfill the law and atone for your own sins, then there is a chance that you don't need a savior. Of course you would have to do that from birth.

The biggest problem of trying to save yourself is that we are all sinners, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved and accepted only in him. Not because of what we do, or by what we have become. We are saved by his merit and his merit alone. Some will say, "What about my Christian life?" Doesn't that count for something? Paul who was the world's greatest Christian, said,

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. yes doubtless and I count all things as loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and do count them as dung, that I might win Christ and be found in him" Philippians 3:7-9.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost. That denies Christ is Saviour!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So that when you finally admitted you can't keep His commandments perfectly, you would turn to Him for His mercy and GRACE.....receiving the free gift of eternal life, and rest from trying to earn it.

Which shows the purpose of the law is to bring us UNTO Christ. You think you have to stay under the schoolmaster (law of commandments), but you were never meant to stay there. You're supposed to recognize that you just can't be perfect. So you fall on your knees and thank Him for the FREE GIFT of salvation (eternal life).

Gal. 3:24-25 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Saved people are to keep Gods commandment to love one another according to the Apostle John.--

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

LA

eider

This thread should be the end of all religions. After reading this I encourage you to renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone and live forever.

Here are the ways that some people think that they are saved.

Become a member of the Catholic church.
Become predestinated before the foundation of the world.
Keep the law and the commandments.
Become a good person, stop sinning.
Invite Jesus into your heart.
Believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Some of the above are good things to do, but none of the above are what saves us. There is no saving merit in faith. Faith does not save. What saves is what Christ has done in our name and on our behalf. "Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost". Jesus didn't save us by doing something in us (holiness religions, Catholicism) Jesus saved us by doing something totally and completely outside of us. Our faith is what makes the Gospel ours, but it does not save us.

Paul emphasizes this outside of us salvation when he wrote,

"But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

I would like to carry it a bit further. Before we were ever born, "Christ died for us" Salvation is not something that happened when you first accepted Christ as your savior. Salvation is something that happened over 2000 years ago. Salvation happened when Jesus clothed himself in human flesh and came into the world as your savior and representative. His mission was to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Are you able to fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. I hardly think so. Are you able to atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. If you can fulfill the law and atone for your own sins, then there is a chance that you don't need a savior. Of course you would have to do that from birth.

The biggest problem of trying to save yourself is that we are all sinners, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are saved and accepted only in him. Not because of what we do, or by what we have become. We are saved by his merit and his merit alone. Some will say, "What about my Christian life?" Doesn't that count for something? Paul who was the world's greatest Christian, said,

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. yes doubtless and I count all things as loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and do count them as dung, that I might win Christ and be found in him" Philippians 3:7-9.

Wow! All that writing.... all that personal opinion!
I am told that The New Testament is ALL the Divine Word of God, as written by His Ordained Prophets and Apostles.
So, all your words in your OP are wasted because they don't have that status?
Surely you can only show what God say's through God's chosen authors?

In other words..... please put your case, in a nutshell, by just quoting from the bible. :)

marhig

The two commandments are,

Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.

What??? Jesus didn't say love God with all my mind and all my heart, but all your mind and all your heart and your neighbour as yourself!

This was also taught in the old testament, so did they do this before they knew Jesus?

So yes we can do it, if we truly love God that is. If we love God with all our heart, then he will give us the power to overcome our flesh by the Spirit and our hearts will be changed and we will love neighbours as ourselves. And it's all done through Christ, but he hasn't done it all for us, we must love God from our heart ourselves!

beloved57

The two commandments are,

Love God with all of your heart mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

No one can do this. The only one that was able to do this was Jesus Christ. He did it perfectly and he did it for us so that we can be saved.

You teach that sinners Christ lived and died for are still lost.That denies Christ is their Saviour.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Our body is still right here, but we groan waiting for the resurrection of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

That wasn't Robert's point. He said our righteousness is in heaven.

So where is heaven?

Where is the Father?

Robert Pate

Banned
What??? Jesus didn't say love God with all my mind and all my heart, but all your mind and all your heart and your neighbour as yourself!

This was also taught in the old testament, so did they do this before they knew Jesus?

So yes we can do it, if we truly love God that is. If we love God with all our heart, then he will give us the power to overcome our flesh by the Spirit and our hearts will be changed and we will love neighbours as ourselves. And it's all done through Christ, but he hasn't done it all for us, we must love God from our heart ourselves!

Not possible, because you were born after Adam, Romans 5:12. This is why Paul referred to himself as... "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
Wow! All that writing.... all that personal opinion!
I am told that The New Testament is ALL the Divine Word of God, as written by His Ordained Prophets and Apostles.
So, all your words in your OP are wasted because they don't have that status?
Surely you can only show what God say's through God's chosen authors?

In other words..... please put your case, in a nutshell, by just quoting from the bible. :)

The opening post was written by the Holy Spirit and is very compatible with scripture.

eider

The opening post was written by the Holy Spirit and is very compatible with scripture.

{7:25} Wherefore he is able also to save them to the
uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth
to make intercession for them.

You have made a mistake.
Can you see the word 'also'...?
This means that there are other ways for Christians to be saved.

Do you understand?

Robert Pate

Banned
{7:25} Wherefore he is able also to save them to the
uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth
to make intercession for them.

You have made a mistake.
Can you see the word 'also'...?
This means that there are other ways for Christians to be saved.

Do you understand?

I understand that you are wrong.

People come to Christ in a variety of different ways. But if it does not eventually come down to justification by faith in Christ and his Gospel, then it was all for naught.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

What do you think is another way?