Has the Law been done away with?

God's Truth

Circumcision is not forbidden. You are mistaken. Paul had Timothy circumcised, but not Titus.

I have explained this to your before in detail. You are stumped.

The only reason Paul circumcised Timothy is so that Timothy could go around the Jews and write scriptures..to be a help to Paul. The Jews would NOT allow an uncircumcised person to associate with them. They would NOT allow that because they were in falseness, just as you are.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You keep saying anything and falsely judging others.

You act as if you were circumcised as an adult believer in Christ!

Tell the truth.

You are not being consistent. You said don't say this publically then you said you think I was circumcised as an adult. It doesn't matter when a person was circumcised. If you are circumcised you are circumcised. That is that. There are both circumcised and uncircumcised believers in the body of Christ, the church. No one has a better status in the church on account of being circumcised.

God's Truth

I believe I do. I know for certain it does not mean that He abolished the Law or the Prophets, which is what I have felt some are implying or saying.

Circumcision is nothing and it is even mutilation of the flesh.

Did you do that when you were an adult because you wanted to obey God?

You know you did not.

Stop acting as if you were obedient when you did not even know what was going on.

Stop preaching circumstances that you fell into as being one who is obedient.

We are not told to get circumcised in the flesh anymore.

God's Truth

You are not being consistent. You said don't say this publically then you said you think I was circumcised as an adult. It doesn't matter when a person was circumcised. If you are circumcised you are circumcised. That is that. There are both circumcised and uncircumcised believers in the body of Christ, the church. No one has a better status in the church on account of being circumcised.
I do NOT believe you were circumcised as an adult. How did you ever get that is what I said?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have explained this to your before in detail. You are stumped.

The only reason Paul circumcised Timothy is so that Timothy could go around the Jews and write scriptures..to be a help to Paul. The Jews would NOT allow an uncircumcised person to associate with them. They would NOT allow that because they were in falseness, just as you are.

I believe you don't understand. I am pointing out that you are saying by implication that Timothy fell from grace, and I believe I should refute you in that.

God's Truth

People start to adapt the ways of Jews with no understanding, and they adhere to a dietary law, and they observe special days, and then they are glad the American doctors circumcised them when they were born.

You have fallen from grace and do not understand what Christ did and why.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Circumcision is nothing and it is even mutilation of the flesh.

Did you do that when you were an adult because you wanted to obey God?

You know you did not.

Stop acting as if you were obedient when you did not even know what was going on.

Stop preaching circumstances that you fell into as being one who is obedient.

We are not told to get circumcised in the flesh anymore.
Circumcision is obedience, but it is usually a decision of one's parents. If a person gets circumcised as adult or at any other time it is still obedience. But it is not required of the Christian. Uncircumcised believers have the same status as saved in the church.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do NOT believe you were circumcised as an adult. How did you ever get that is what I said?

In one post you talked about being circumcised as a child, and you are even talking about my Mom. In the next post you are demanding I answer if I was circumcised as an adult. If it does not matter to you why do you even want to know?

God's Truth

Circumcision is obedience, but it is usually a decision of one's parents. If a person gets circumcised as adult or at any other time it is still obedience. But it is not required of the Christian. Uncircumcised believers have the same status as saved in the church.

You are wrong, for not even Jews are still commanded to be circumcised in the flesh.

I think you are idolizing the Jews.

You are not to do that.

God's Truth

In one post you talked about being circumcised as a child, and you are even talking about my Mom.
Don't you know that it is the mothers in the hospital who allows the doctor to circumcise their sons?
In the next post you are demanding I answer if I was circumcised as an adult.
Because YOU preach circumcision!
If it does not matter to you why do you even want to know?

You are acting as if you are more qualified as an obedient believer because you are circumcised, but you know you had nothing to do with it as a believer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
People start to adapt the ways of Jews with no understanding, and they adhere to a dietary law, and they observe special days, and then they are glad the American doctors circumcised them when they were born.

You have fallen from grace and do not understand what Christ did and why.

According to the Law if you are not circumcised you are not to observe Passover with Israel. Many people learn about Passover anyhow without necessarily being circumcised or wanting to be circumcised. There is much truth that can be learned from God's Law, including Passover. If the Law has not been abolished, is it still required for those who are of Israel. This is a serious consideration. That is, does the Law, in not having been abolished, only point out a person's sin? Or, is it also for our obedience?

Being circumcised does not necessitate that you observe Passover. You can be saved without observing Passover even if you are circumcised. Passover is about more than learning spiritual truth. It is about obedience among the people of Israel. It is about obeying God.

I believe Passover can even be observed after the destruction of the second temple, though it is not the same as when the temple was here.

Many believe God did away with all of that.

But the discussion about if the Law has been done away with can simply be about God's commands and not commands specific to Israel like Passover, though this can be a part of the discussion. That is, some might say what about the Ten Commandments? Are we still to observe them or has the Law been done away with? Or any other of God's commands. Many are opposed to the festivals, the feast days, etc.... It is these that speak of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are wrong, for not even Jews are still commanded to be circumcised in the flesh.

I think you are idolizing the Jews.

You are not to do that.
I have no idea why you have come to this thread and made false accusations of me. Maybe it is because you don't understand the Law. But you can grow in your understanding of it. Afterall, it is from God. Remember that. Please don't speak against God and His Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't you know that it is the mothers in the hospital who allows the doctor to circumcise their sons?

Because YOU preach circumcision!

You are acting as if you are more qualified as an obedient believer because you are circumcised, but you know you had nothing to do with it as a believer.

I think you are confused. I have no idea what you are talking about. You said I preach circumcision. What about 1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB? All I can say here is that circumcision is a command of God. It is not a lie to say so. This verse is simply saying that in the church, the body of Christ, it doesn't matter if you are circumcised or not. Or, that those who are circumcised and those who are not equally need to obey God's commands.

God's Truth

According to the Law if you are not circumcised you are not to observe Passover with Israel.

Old Testament law of the CEREMONIAL/purification works.

That is when the Jews USED TO HAVE TO CLEAN THEMSELVES JUST TO WORSHIP GOD.

What don't you get about that?

Many people learn about Passover anyhow without necessarily being circumcised or wanting to be circumcised. There is much truth that can be learned from God's Law, including Passover. If the Law has not been abolished, is it still required for those who are of Israel.

You just trampled on the blood of Jesus.

Do you still sacrifice animals? I know you do not. Why not? Do you think God could not have kept the earthly temple standing if He wanted?

I believe you are clueless because you idolize those Jews who reject Jesus, and or the Jews who do not understand about what Jesus did and why.

This is a serious consideration. That is, does the Law, in not having been abolished, only point out a person's sin? Or, is it also for our obedience?

You do not know because you still have no understsanding.

Being circumcised does not necessitate that you observe Passover. You can be saved without observing Passover even if you are circumcised. Passover is about more than learning spiritual truth. It is about obedience among the people of Israel. It is about obeying God.
God no longer tells ANYONE to observe special days anymore. What don't you get about those special days being just a shadow? What don't you get about those special days being about what was coming? Jesus came and special days are now worthless---that is what the written Word of God says.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry if you think it is a stupid question. I do not.

It's a good question. :idunno: Greasy grace preachers aren't going to make it in the rapture (Ps 19:13 ESV). :rapture: Maybe start a thread for what they can do once they're left behind. :sozo: Don't take the mark of the beast or go to hell. Have a nice day (Re 14:9-10).
rollface.gif

God's Truth

I have no idea why you have come to this thread and made false accusations of me. Maybe it is because you don't understand the Law. But you can grow in your understanding of it. Afterall, it is from God. Remember that. Please don't speak against God and His Law.

I came to this thread because it is a public forum and I see where someone could use God's Truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Old Testament law of the CEREMONIAL/purification works.

That is when the Jews USED TO HAVE TO CLEAN THEMSELVES JUST TO WORSHIP GOD.

What don't you get about that?

You just trampled on the blood of Jesus.

Do you still sacrifice animals? I know you do not. Why not? Do you think God could not have kept the earthly temple standing if He wanted?

I believe you are clueless because you idolize those Jews who reject Jesus, and or the Jews who do not understand about what Jesus did and why.

You do not know because you still have no understsanding.

God no longer tells ANYONE to observe special days anymore. What don't you get about those special days being just a shadow? What don't you get about those special days being about what was coming? Jesus came and special days are now worthless---that is what the written Word of God says.

Even Christians observed these (remember, the Apostle Paul?) following Christ's ascension. You don't have to clean yourself to worship God. But you should be clean and you should worship God. If you are not clean you should become clean, if at all possible.

I have no idea where you get your other ideas and what you are saying to me here. Sorry.