Has the Law been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's a good question. :idunno: Greasy grace preachers aren't going to make it in the rapture. :rapture: Maybe start a thread for what they can do once they're left behind. :sozo: Don't take the mark of the beast or go to hell. Have a nice day (Re 14:9-10).
rollface.gif

I have no idea what you are talking about and have no reason to start a thread about any of it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

No. I can observe the Law without fear because I am not condemned.

Have fun in hell.

God's Truth

Even Christians observed these (remember, the Apostle Paul?) following Christ's ascension. You don't have to clean yourself to worship God. But you should be clean and you should worship God. If you are not clean you should become clean, if at all possible.

I have no idea where you get your other ideas and what you are saying to me here. Sorry.

Not adhering to the dietary law---made one unclean.

God's Truth

I do adhere to the dietary law. But, what of it? It doesn't make me more saved than anyone else on account that they do not.

Why are you adhering to an old dietary law that USED to be a teaching tool about a separation of people making themselves clean just to be able to worship God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why are you adhering to an old dietary law that USED to be a teaching tool about a separation of people making themselves clean just to be able to worship God?

Nothing about just being able to do anything. Each and every person should worship God. The nation of Israel was set apart by God, set apart from the nations. Made unique among the families of the earth.

God's Truth

Even Christians observed these (remember, the Apostle Paul?) following Christ's ascension. You don't have to clean yourself to worship God. But you should be clean and you should worship God. If you are not clean you should become clean, if at all possible.

I have no idea where you get your other ideas and what you are saying to me here. Sorry.

AFTER Jesus died and rose again, the earthy temple was still standing, and those who rejected Christ STILL sat in Moses' seat and ENFORCED THE LAW. Those are the Pharisees and teachers of the law. THEY HAD JEWS put in jail AND PUT TO DEATH if they did not follow the old purification laws, and if they spoke against the old laws.

Jesus said the temple would be DESTROYED.

God's Truth

Nothing about just being able to do anything. Each and every person should worship God. The nation of Israel was set apart by God, set apart from the nations. Made unique among the families of the earth.

So you are trying to obey an old law because you think it sets you apart?

I told you that I thought you were idolizing the Jews who rejected Jesus, and what you said proves it. IMHO.

God's Truth

I'm sorry. I study Torah regularly and I do not understand what you mean. It may be your terminology.
What is so hard to understand? Explain to me what you think the ceremonial/purification laws WERE, and what they did. Tell me why you still try to do those old ceremonial/purification works?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
AFTER Jesus died and rose again, the earthy temple was still standing, and those who rejected Christ STILL sat in Moses' seat and ENFORCED THE LAW. Those are the Pharisees and teachers of the law. THEY HAD JEWS put in jail AND PUT TO DEATH if they did not follow the old purification laws, and if they spoke against the old laws.

Jesus said the temple would be DESTROYED.

The first temple was destroyed, but God had it rebuilt. I have nothing against being clean. Sorry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you are trying to obey an old law because you think it sets you apart?

I told you that I thought you were idolizing the Jews who rejected Jesus, and what you said proves it. IMHO.

The nation was set apart. We are also called to be set apart as individuals.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is so hard to understand? Explain to me what you think the ceremonial/purification laws WERE, and what they did. Tell me why you still try to do those old ceremonial/purification works?

Again, this is your terminology. If you want to study Torah, either learn what it says or learn in order to do. If you know that as a Christian you do not need to obey the whole of Torah to be saved, it is good that you know that. Maybe new covenant commands are different from old covenant commands. To me, they are all God's commands, and I want to study what the commands of the new covenant are and if they include old covenant commands.