Has the Law been done away with?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
for we may observe the Law even without being condemned by it

Think again.

Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

By your own testimony here, you are condemned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Think again.

Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

By your own testimony here, you are condemned.

No. I can observe the Law without fear because I am not condemned. Is it also that I know I will not be condemned, neither by this world nor by God? Every idle word will be taken into account when we are judged, but no one is saved by works, even the works of the Law. If you are justified by faith you have nothing to fear in either observing the Law or not observing the Law. But Christians know they are not to break the Law, even the law of the land in which they live. You are not being perfected by the flesh. No one is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nick M,

This is a Christian truth, that Christians are not condemned. I believe I am a Christian and not condemned even though I believe that in my life I have sinned many times. I should not continue in sin upon having become a Christian nor should I ever sin contrary to living out the Christian truth I know.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You just said no to Paul telling you that can't observe the law and if you are circumcised you are bound to it. You said you are. You are a fool of epic proportions. I don't know why I wasted time with you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You just said no to Paul telling you that can't observe the law and if you are circumcised you are bound to it. You said you are. You are a fool of epic proportions. I don't know why I wasted time with you.

Being circumcised makes no one a fool.

God's Truth

No. I can observe the Law without fear because I am not condemned. Is it also that I know I will not be condemned, neither by this world nor by God? Every idle word will be taken into account when we are judged, but no one is saved by works, even the works of the Law. If you are justified by faith you have nothing to fear in either observing the Law or not observing the Law. But Christians know they are not to break the Law, even the law of the land in which they live. You are not being perfected by the flesh. No one is.

The written Word of God SAYS you can FALL FROM GRACE.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Being circumcised makes you a mutilator of the flesh, according to Paul.

Philippians 3:2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.

No. You don't understand Paul here. You speak against those who are circumcised.

God's Truth

If you preach observing special days as obedience to Christ, and circumcision of the flesh, etc; then you are a bitter root that can defile many.

Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

God's Truth

No. You don't understand Paul here. You speak against those who are circumcised.

Did your mom allow the hospital to circumcise you, or did you as an adult chose to get circumcised because of God? You do not have to answer what I asked publicly, but you should know that if you did the second, then you have fallen from grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you preach observing special days as obedience to Christ, and circumcision of the flesh, etc; then you are a bitter root that can defile many.

Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

The Law has not been abolished, neither the Prophets. But saying this is about the word of God. You rather are speaking against the Law and even implying that those who are circumcised have less status or no status as Christians on account of being circumcised. For this I believe you are wrong.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Did your mom allow the hospital to circumcise you, or did you as an adult chose to get circumcised because of God? You do not have to answer what I asked publicly, but you should know that if you did the second, then you have fallen from grace.

Circumcision is not forbidden. You are mistaken. Paul had Timothy circumcised, but not Titus.

God's Truth

The Law has not been abolished, neither the Prophets. But saying this is about the word of God. You rather are speaking against the Law and even implying that those who are circumcised have less status or no status as Christians on account of being circumcised. For this I believe you are wrong.

You keep saying anything and falsely judging others.

You act as if you were circumcised as an adult believer in Christ!

Tell the truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have no idea what it means that Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets.

I believe I do. I know for certain it does not mean that He abolished the Law or the Prophets, which is what I have felt some are implying or saying.