Has the Law been done away with?

God's Truth

The first temple was destroyed, but God had it rebuilt. I have nothing against being clean. Sorry.

The second temple was destroyed.

The blood of animals, various external washing the Jews USED TO HAVE TO DO AFTER a bodily discharge, the dietary laws...those things the Jews USED to have to do to make themselves clean just to be able to observe a special day, just to go to the temple to worship God.

None of those things make us clean anymore, only Jesus' blood makes us clean; and, we do NOT go to a temple, WE BECOME THE TEMPLE.

If God is living inside you---you have been made clean! So what in the world do you mean by you making yourself clean?!

God's Truth

Again, this is your terminology. If you want to study Torah, either learn what it says or learn in order to do. If you know that as a Christian you do not need to obey the whole of Torah to be saved, it is good that you know that. Maybe new covenant commands are different from old covenant commands. To me, they are all God's commands, and I want to study what the commands of the new covenant are and if they include old covenant commands.

YOU cannot even explain what the ceremonial works were and why they were commanded.

You tried to turn this around on me. What a sad case.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The second temple was destroyed.

The blood of animals, various external washing the Jews USED TO HAVE TO DO AFTER a bodily discharge, the dietary laws...those things the Jews USED to have to do to make themselves clean just to be able to observe a special day, just to go to the temple to worship God.

None of those things make us clean anymore, only Jesus' blood makes us clean; and, we do NOT go to a temple, WE BECOME THE TEMPLE.

If God is living inside you---you have been made clean! So what in the world do you mean by you making yourself clean?!

If you are dirty it makes sense to wash and become clean. Your language about just to do this or just to do that is wrong. Of course you need to be clean to go to the temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are set apart now by the Holy Spirit. We are no longer set apart by special days and circumcision of the flesh.

Are you an Israelite? What do you mean no longer? What do you mean, "We" (are no longer set apart)? Of course we are set apart by the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

If you are dirty it makes sense to wash and become clean. Your language about just to do this or just to do that is wrong. Of course you need to be clean to go to the temple.

You are stumped. I have said enough here for now to try to help you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
YOU cannot even explain what the ceremonial works were and why they were commanded.

You tried to turn this around on me. What a sad case.

You are using the term ceremonial works, and in your own way. And you are speaking against them. The Torah does speak about being clean, but how are you speaking of this teaching? Here I have only made a general statement to relate to you.

God's Truth

Are you an Israelite? What do you mean no longer? What do you mean, "We" (are no longer set apart)? Of course we are set apart by the Holy Spirit.

Wow. Re read what I said and see how what you said makes you a false witness. Please correct yourself. Where do you ever get that I said we are no longer set apart?

God's Truth

You are using the term ceremonial works, and in your own way. And you are speaking against them. The Torah does speak about being clean, but how are you speaking of this teaching? Here I have only made a general statement to relate to you.

As I have been asking you---tell me what you think the purification works were and what did they do.

God's Truth

Go study for a while, Jacob. With the measure you consider it will be measured back to you and more.

Go study about the purification works and I will talk to you later.

You are doing NO consideration in this thread.

Take more time than just answering whatever comes to your mind with your lack of understanding.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Go study for a while, Jacob. With the measure you consider it will be measured back to you and more.

Go study about the purification works and I will talk to you later.

You are doing NO consideration in this thread.

Take more time than just answering whatever comes to your mind with your lack of understanding.

Are you arguing that the Law has been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The old law has been done away with and there is a new law.

The new law is the old law with some changes, see Hebrews 7:12.

The change of law spoken of has to do with a change of priesthood, not a new law that is an old law with some changes.

Hawkins

In a nutshell. The Law won't change in the perspective of judgment. The same Law said will be kept intact and will be used on the Judgment Day to judge humans under the scope.

The Law is done away in the perspective of its effect on Christians. The judgment of Law won't apply to the scope of Christians.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In a nutshell. The Law won't change in the perspective of judgment. The same Law said will be kept intact and will be used on the Judgment Day to judge humans under the scope.

The Law is done away in the perspective of its effect on Christians. The judgment of Law won't apply to the scope of Christians.

We will be judged in the end and we can be judged now. We can also be justified by the blood of Jesus and justified by faith now before we die and end up in the lake of fire, which would be our destiny if we are not justified. To be justified, born again, saved, all refers to the same thing: salvation by grace through faith and not of works.