Has the Law been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
C'mon Jake, you ask the same stupid questions over and over

I am sorry if you think it is a stupid question. I do not. I do not know if there are stupid questions even.

Did you listen to the broadcast? Do you understand the interaction?

If you can comment on the question, fine. We can all learn together.

genuineoriginal

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Has the Law has been done away with?

This prophecy from the Prophets has not been fulfilled:

Zechariah 14:16-19
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.​

john w

Hall of Fame
No:

Galatians 3 KJV

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
For US the law is abolished having been fulfilled

What IS the fulfilment of the law, death, Jesus died, we died with Him so the law having done all it could do to us can do no more.

Not the law of Moses here but the law of sin and death, the soul that sinneth it shall die.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For US the law is abolished having been fulfilled

What IS the fulfilment of the law, death, Jesus died, we died with Him so the law having done all it could do to us can do no more.

Not the law of Moses here but the law of sin and death, the soul that sinneth it shall die.
Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. He did come to fulfill the Law and the Prophets.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Has the Law been done away with?

Christ was not sent to abolish anything, that was not his job. Christ was sent to reform the Israel of Jacob and to offer them God's kingdom. He was also sent to atone for sin and he did all that he was sent to do.

It was the Father who abolished the Law of Moses by replacing his Temple with a new temple, a new temple not built with hands.