Has the Law been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I read and study the entire Bible from Gen to Rev. Why do you ask? I feel like I am in an inquisition all of sudden. What's up with that :confused:
I do not know why you say or feel that. There is no need to feel this way.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. You study the entire Bible. This is good.

Shalom.

TweetyBird

I do not know why you say or feel that. There is no need to feel this way.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. You study the entire Bible. This is good.

Shalom.

"The Torah" is not just the first five books of the Bible, as I have stated to you before. "The Torah" is also the Talmudic interpretation of the Torah, and it also includes the entire Tanakh, and all the writings of Rabbinic Judaism, which are held as a higher authority than the written text of the Bible. I do not understand why you call yourself a Jew and do not know these things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"The Torah" is not just the first five books of the Bible, as I have stated to you before. "The Torah" is also the Talmudic interpretation of the Torah, and it also includes the entire Tanakh, and all the writings of Rabbinic Judaism, which are held as a higher authority than the written text of the Bible. I do not understand why you call yourself a Jew and do not know these things.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible.

If you accept the Torah as more than that, to include the rest of the TaNaKh (the Torah, the Neviim, and the Kethuvim) or even the Mishna (the Talmud also includes the Gemara) I don't see any problem with what you are saying. But if you study or read the Bible you don't have to say you don't study Torah.

I was referring to scripture. The first five books. You may be thinking of the Mishna or the Talmud.

The Mishna is the Oral Torah written down. So we have the Written Torah, and the Oral Torah. They are both the Torah. But in the Bible we have the Torah, or the Written Torah.

TweetyBird

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible.

No it's not, not according to the Jewish people of whom you now claim to be part of.

If you accept the Torah as more than that, to include the rest of the TaNaKh (the Torah, the Neviim, and the Kethuvim) or even the Mishna (the Talmud also includes the Gemara) I don't see any problem with what you are saying. But if you study or read the Bible you don't have to say you don't study Torah.

The Jewish people do not study the OT without the Talmud according to their religion.

I was referring to scripture. The first five books. You may be thinking of the Mishna or the Talmud.

According to the Jewish religion, the Torah is the Law of Moses, the Talmud and the Mishah, and the OT. You seem to be having trouble either understanding that and accepting that. I have repeated it over and over again.

The Mishna is the Oral Torah written down. So we have the Written Torah, and the Oral Torah. They are both the Torah. But in the Bible we have the Torah, or the Written Torah.

The Talmud and the Misha are the oral Torah. They are not part of the Bible and the Bible does not contain either the Mishna or the Talmud. Christian believers do not refer to the first five books as the written "Torah".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No it's not, not according to the Jewish people of whom you now claim to be part of.

The Jewish people do not study the OT without the Talmud according to their religion.

According to the Jewish religion, the Torah is the Law of Moses, the Talmud and the Mishah, and the OT. You seem to be having trouble either understanding that and accepting that. I have repeated it over and over again.

The Talmud and the Misha are the oral Torah. They are not part of the Bible and the Bible does not contain either the Mishna or the Talmud. Christian believers do not refer to the first five books as the written "Torah".

You are wrong if you believe the first five books of the Bible or the TaNaKh (or Tanach) are not the Torah. That is what the T stands for. The Jewish Bible is the Torah. The Hebrew Bible is the TaNaKh. The New Testament is often seen to be part of the Christian Bible, with the first part being called the Old Testament. The New Testament Writings, or New Testament Scripture, is for Jew or Gentile, whether you are already a believer or not, as with the rest of the Bible though many are without the Law or not a part of Israel.

As for the Mishna and the Talmud I have not studied them in their entirety. The Oral Torah is indeed also Torah. It is on the level of scripture. But the TaNaKh and the New Testament come before the Mishna, and as much as the Mishna explains the Written Torah and the details of the Torah or the Law according to the six orders, and as much as you will not understand the Written Torah apart from the Oral Torah, you can understand the Written Torah and you can stop there. I encourage you to read the entire TaNaKh, or Old Testament, as well as the New Testament. It is these that make up the Bible. As a Christian it is all for you. As someone grafted in you may be of the one new man and not need to be circumcised or observe all of the Law of Moses. But you ought to obey God, Jesus, and God's commands as He has revealed them to you in His word, the Bible.

Michael Chighel (in his course, "Scroll Down" about the Torah and the Jewish Library) says, "The Mishna is an encyclopedia or rather an encyclopedic digest of all the laws and decrees of the oral torah."

It's divided into six orders.

ZERAIM Agriculture
MOED Holy Days
NASHIM Women
NEZIKIN Damages
KODOSHIM Holies
TAHAROT Purities