Has the Law been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ was not sent to abolish anything, that was not his job. Christ was sent to reform the Israel of Jacob and to offer them God's kingdom. He was also sent to atone for sin and he did all that he was sent to do.

It was the Father who abolished the Law of Moses by replacing his Temple with a new temple, a new temple not built with hands.

I don't find what you have said here to be Biblical.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. He did come to fulfill the Law and the Prophets.

The law for US is fulfilled to it's fullest mandate. The penalty for breaking the law was/is death Jesus paid that penalty in full

THAT'S what it's all about compadre, Christ died under the law for us, on our behalf. He was not guilty, we were guilty, He was no sinner, we were sinner. He didn't die on His behalf, He died on our behalf and we according to our natural life died with Him, were buried with Him [hence baptism] and are now raised in newness of life.

Are YOU raised to newness of life?, has this happened to you?

So the law has been fulfilled for the one who has joined Jesus in the regeneration.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law for US is fulfilled to it's fullest mandate. The penalty for breaking the law was/is death Jesus paid that penalty in full

THAT'S what it's all about compadre, Christ died under the law for us, on our behalf. He was not guilty, we were guilty, He was no sinner, we were sinner. He didn't die on His behalf, He died on our behalf and we according to our natural life died with Him, were buried with Him [hence baptism] and are now raised in newness of life.

Are YOU raised to newness of life?, has this happened to you?

So the law has been fulfilled for the one who has joined Jesus in the regeneration.

Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. He died for me and for you, that each and every one of us would have life in Him. We have the forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life. See Romans 8:1-4 NASB.

HisServant

It all depends.... once you bring the 'law' into the equation, you end up squabbling over what the 'law' the scriptures talk about actually is... Mosaic Law? 10 Commandments?.. Levitical Law? What law exactly. And people allow themselves to be enslaved by the 'law' as interpreted by people that they believe have their best interests at heart, but they don't.

Christians have the law they are to follow written on their hearts and minds and not in the pages of a book.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It all depends.... once you bring the 'law' into the equation, you end up squabbling over what the 'law' the scriptures talk about actually is... Mosaic Law? 10 Commandments?.. Levitical Law? What law exactly. And people allow themselves to be enslaved by the 'law' as interpreted by people that they believe have their best interests at heart, but they don't.

Christians have the law they are to follow written on their hearts and minds and not in the pages of a book.
Galatians 3:22 NASB - 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:15 says that it has been abolished.

The enmity was abolished, which involved the separation between Jew and Gentile on account of the Law in that which was against Gentiles I believe. I simply don't believe that means the Law was abolished, especially since Jesus says He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Robert Pate

Banned
The enmity was abolished, which involved the separation between Jew and Gentile on account of the Law in that which was against Gentiles I believe. I simply don't believe that means the Law was abolished, especially since Jesus says He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

His mission was to be the savior of the world.

Ephesians 2:15 says "Even the law of commandments" What are you going to do write your own Bible?

In Colossians 2:14 it says that he blotted out the ordinances that was against us.

Where there is law there is judgment. Do you want to be judged by the law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
His mission was to be the savior of the world.

Ephesians 2:15 says "Even the law of commandments" What are you going to do write your own Bible?

In Colossians 2:14 it says that he blotted out the ordinances that was against us.

Where there is law there is judgment. Do you want to be judged by the law?

I believe judgment is by the law. Do you have a different idea of how you will be judged by God?

Ephesians says the law of commandments contained in ordinances. But remember, the context is the enmity and that God's Law which had been given to and for the nation of Israel separated Gentile from Jew. I'm probably combining the Ephesians and Colossians verses in my mind. Maybe they were combined before they were presented to me. Otherwise it has been all me.

john w

Hall of Fame
Error-asserting that the LORD God did away with His "holy law and then abolishes it," citing Colossians 2:14 KJV. Colossians 2:14 KJV does not say that the LORD God did away/abolished the law-it says that "the handwriting of ordinances" was blotted out-this is not a reference to the law, that was blotted out(discussed on numerous threads).

If the law was blotted out/did away, everyone would be saved:

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, one of the definitions of sin is " the transgression of the law."

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Error-asserting that the LORD God did away with His "holy law and then abolishes it," citing Colossians 2:14 KJV. Colossians 2:14 KJV does not say that the LORD God did away/abolished the law-it says that "the handwriting of ordinances" was blotted out-this is not a reference to the law, that was blotted out(discussed on numerous threads).

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

Sin is transgression of the law.

Robert Pate

Banned

With me?

Now:

There are no laws or rules for the Christian. Where there is law there is judgment. This is why the law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15. The Holy Spirit has replaced the law. We now live by Spirit and not the letter of the law, which kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are no laws or rules for the Christian. Where there is law there is judgment. This is why the law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15. The Holy Spirit has replaced the law. We now live by Spirit and not the letter of the law, which kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

"This is why the law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15."-RP

As usual, "thanks" for saying NADA, and not knowing the argument of the thread, which is:

Has the Law has been done away with?

You changed the argument to "for the Christian."

The law has not been abolished, for it still serves it's purpose, to the lost-to let them know what sin is, and bring them to Christ, as a schoolmaster. If it is abolished, then the lost cannot come to Christ, and everyone is saved.

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Read it: The law is, not "was," made for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Knock it off Pate.

Epoisses

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Has the Law been done away with?

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160509H.mp3

Poor Jacob and his Law fetish! The law is comprised of a carnal and spiritual application with the law written in stone and the law written in the heart. Every time Paul spoke of the law as a bad thing it was the carnal commandments that reveal and magnify sin. Every time Paul spoke of the law as a good thing it was living in the Spirit with Christ's love in the heart. Christians are required to keep the law but it is the spiritual law of faith and love not the worthless old commandments given thru Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Poor Jacob and his Law fetish! The law is comprised of a carnal and spiritual application with the law written in stone and the law written in the heart. Every time Paul spoke of the law as a bad thing it was the carnal commandments that reveal and magnify sin. Every time Paul spoke of the law as a good thing it was living in the Spirit with Christ's love in the heart. Christians are required to keep the law but it is the spiritual law of faith and love not the worthless old commandments given thru Moses.
Epoisses,

You are fighting against God and His Law. Paul said the Law is good. He never said it is bad. The Law is good.